It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 06:44 AM   #1
(female)

MissyKoneKo HB User
Unhappy Hi, I am new and I need help PLZZZZ!!!!!

Hello everybody, so here is the thing, about 3 months ago I started taking Zoloft, before taking the medicine, I used to be all over the place, I used to be mad at the world and I wanted to end my life so bad, one night while I was at work I felt so bad that My husband took me to the ER, and the day after I went to my doc and thats when He gave me Zoloft, I was put on 25mg to start, then He put me up to 50mg and then 75mg now I am on 100mg but when I was on 100mg I started to feel so sad and depressed again so I went back to 50mg myself without telling my doctor

I have been back on 50 mg for almost 3 weeks and I feel like it stopped working, I am going back to 100mg tonight and see how it goes, I am very fustrated and I feel the same way like I did before which I dont like it, I like to feel numb to my emotions, because when I have emotions I feel so depressed, I tried to make an appoiment to a psychiatric but they dont have any openings until Nov, and I dont know what to do anymore, ugh I need help because if not im going to go more insane than what I am already. what should I do?

The following user gives a hug of support to MissyKoneKo:
kanded (08-03-2012)
Old 08-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #2
(male)

sircuit HB User
Re: Hi, I am new and I need help PLZZZZ!!!!!

Hi Missy. Hugs!
I have been around the loop for quite awhile. From my experience (but I'm not a doctor) I was only "well" when I was on two antidepressants at the same time. Many regular doctors are reluctant to do this but many shrinks know that it works for some, especially us treatment-resistant types. It took a long time for me to arrive at a cocktail of meds that work for me. unfortunately, it's usually a matter of trial-and-error. bring it up to your doc and tell him you have to see a shrink before November.
That's my two cents worth. Good luck. I'm cheering for you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2012, 11:44 PM   #3
(female)

kanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB Userkanded HB User

Hello Missy,
Is the dr who prescribed the meds a regular doctor, or a psychiatrist? Maybe he hasn't diagnosed you correctly if he's not a psychiatrist. I know its hard to get in to see one, but if you call your local mental health clinic, and mention these issues, many times they will try to fit you in right away. They also have counselors on staff, and it might help to just talk. But a psychiatrist is the one who should be monitoring the dosage of those meds. Its important to not self medicate. You can also look in your local yellow pages and just start calling different doctors to see who can get you in first, just to get started. You can always change psychiatrists later if you don't like him.
I hope you get feeling better soon,
K.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #4
(female)

MissyKoneKo HB User

Hello, Hugs back !!!

Omg You have no idea how good it makes me feels that there is someone out there who understand my feelings, I know it takes few meds to get to the right one, and Monday I am going to a Psychiatrict and I hope to get better, I am to the point I sleep 4 hours a day and I feel like losing my mind, I cant wait to get better tho, Thanks for your answer, cheers

Old 08-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
(female)

MissyKoneKo HB User

Hello, to answer to your question, yes He is a regular doc, I had an appt with him yesterday and yes He told me to go see a psychiatrist as soon as possible, and yes You are right, I did call my local clinic and I got an appt for monday, I really cant wait tho, I have been suffering forsuch a long time! sorry to be so pesimistic but when you have an inbalance in ya head its hard to cope with life! Anyway Thanks for ur response

Last edited by Administrator; 08-14-2012 at 05:43 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to MissyKoneKo:
Mimi4015 (08-11-2012)
Old 08-05-2012, 11:27 PM   #6
(female)

Hello Missy:

I'm so happy you got an appt for Monday! I know you'll find something that helps you- just try to hang in there. I know what it feels like to not sleep- some nights I get only 5 hours of sleep and the next day I can't function properly- but I've had some success with Melatonin, it just naturally relaxes your body, its not a medicine, you can buy it at most stores or health food stores. Of course ask your doctor if it can interact with your meds, but I don't think so because Melatonin is something your body produces. You might just need a bit more.
Don't give up on yourself Missy- your not alone, alot of people are suffering the same kind of thing. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other.
K.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
(male)

sircuit HB User

Hope your appointment went well. Being down in the pit isn't any fun for anyone. We are all rooting for you. You will soon feel better and can work with the pdoc as well as take meds. Hugs.

Old 08-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
(female)

MissyKoneKo HB User

I didn't go to my appt, I woke up Monday feeling like crap, I was so sad and I didnt want to go nowhere, inside my head I knew it was for my own good but I just couldnt get out of bed, today was the same thing, I have been down so bad, and I cry too much, tomorrow Wednesday I do have another appt, and I will go this time, I just dont know what its wrong with me, I am always sad and mad, I know is not bipolar cause I have never had those manic moment I always have down moments never ups, the other night at work I picture me hanging myself there, but I cant kill myself because I will hurt my husband too much, and He doesnt deserve that, I love him so much, but I also dont want to be here anymore. Another thing is I am a cutter too, I try to numb the pain I feel in my heart by cutting myself, and it works, it makes me feel better, but I do want to say one thing, I am so glad I found this site, with your support and my hubby's support I know I can do it, Thank you guys, I wish I could give u a hug to all fo you but here some virtual hugs .

As soon as I come back from the Pdoc, I will post what happened tomorrow.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #9
(male)

sircuit HB User

Hi:
Mania doesn't have to mean Yaahhhooooooo, I feel great. It can also be a feeling of rage against....who knows. My last mania was a yahoo type but before that I had the mad-at-the-world kind. Please keep this appointment. Hugs.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #10
(female)

MissyKoneKo HB User

Okay so I went to the appt and all the Pdoc did was talk and talk, She didnt say what I have and sent me to another Pdoc, so now I gotta wait another week or two to see the main Pdoc, the zoloft I am taking is not working, I am on 100mg and I am so tempted to higher my doge on my own, go up to 150mg and see how it works, I feel like nothing matters anymore, problems at work and down all the time. ugh mental issues suck so bad, if i could fix myself I would but I dont know how, Thank you guys for being there for me, many hugs for all of you!!xoXox

Old 08-12-2012, 07:57 PM   #11
(female)

Hi Missy:

I'm so proud of you that you went! That's really hard, but that's the first step. They always talk so much the first time because its like an evaluation, they ask a lot of questions. Maybe you can call up and tell them you're having a lot of problems with your meds and if they could get you in sooner, or put you on a cancellation list. Or sign you up with a counselor(not a Pdoc) to talk to in the meantime, I think sometimes it helps more to just let it all out. Have you told your husband about how you feel? I know when my brother died I was in such a dark place, but even though I tried not to show it, my husband was my biggest supporter. Don't worry, it WILL get better, just give yourself time. It takes time for the body and mind to get over things especially if its been through a lot. Don't give up!

K.

Old 08-26-2012, 11:39 PM   #12
(female)

Hi Missy,
I hope you're doing OK, I hadn't heard from you, so I hope all is going better. If not you can tell us, because we understand. Take care of yourself, just do the best you can.
K.

The following user gives a hug of support to kanded:
MissyKoneKo (08-27-2012)
Old 08-27-2012, 03:39 AM   #13
(female)

MissyKoneKo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanded View Post
Hi Missy,
I hope you're doing OK, I hadn't heard from you, so I hope all is going better. If not you can tell us, because we understand. Take care of yourself, just do the best you can.
K.

Hello Kanded, I am doing okay, I am back to 50mg Zoloft and working out slowly, My doc still not giving me anything else for my OCD or my unexpected lows but I am trying to handle it the best I can. I hope you are doing really good too! Dont be a stranger and drop a line anytime u want.

Reply Reply