It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2012, 06:38 PM   #1
(female)

JennyGxx HB User
Paracetmol OD

Before I get shot for breaking rules or whatever, I have not taken an OD, well not now anyway. But I am asking about something I did atleast a year ago. I was very depressed, so so so depressed it hurts to think about it now. Things had just been getting worse since I was about 12 or 13 - I was 16 when the OD took place. I don't know why I am posting this really its just overhwhelming me a bit. Now I am feeling better I have been thinking about a career as a nurse or as a paramedic (did want to do MH nursing but was not sure if it would be appropriate). Anyway, this got me to thinking about when I used to self harm all the time and most of all, the time I took an over dose on Pc. I can't remember what I took, due to being drunk and taking them with alcohol, but I know it was more than I should have and I'm sure there were other pills involved too. Its really getting to me that I did this and I am so greatful to be alive, because after getting so much more 'stable' I did find out just how dangerous Paracetmol can be. The worst part is I don't even remember exactly what it was that made me do it that night, or if I really did want my life to end. I know not long after I attempted to suffocate myself, that time, I really did mean it. Its just scary to think about, kinda wandering if anyone else has been through similar. I don't want to let that stuff get to me now but would love to not be quite so alone? Anyone had similar struggles. I know I might sound like I am too young to have had it 'that bad' and you know what, maybe I didn't have the harshest life ever, but I know it was pretty rough and to me I didn't see the point to life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply