It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
(male)

TuntuKR HB User
Self-hitter - Looking for some light.

Hello everyone, I'm Diego from Argentina.

I don't want to sound like I want the easy way out, or a magical cure. I'm just desperate, there's no one I can turn to right know.

I'm very self-demanding and want to do everything better than the rest of the people. (By the way: I never wanted anyone to do badly at anything. Never wished nothing bad to anyone).

It's already been one year since I hooked up with my girlfriend, she is so much more intelligent than me. I love her incredibly much and I know that she is the one who I'm going to stay with for the rest of my life. However, she is good at everything and makes me feel useless. Right know I'm doing bad at most of my activities and she has been asked to start learning piano at a conservatory by the same piano teacher I go to. (Of course, I haven't been asked)

I can't even express how dumb I feel.

I put so much effort in everything and she does it better just by blinking her eyes.

I hadn't hit myself for some years now, but it came back. And today was a bad day. I screamed at the pilows, I banged my head against the doors punched myself in the stomach, hit my arms with a wooden plank. She says she notices me "a bit distant".

How can I make this situation better? I'm not going to tell her that the fact that she's better than me makes me sad. I want her to do everything she can, succeed in whatever she wants to. (Plus she's a hell of an artist)

Excuse me if there are any grammar/spelling mistakes. I speak Spanish.

Last edited by TuntuKR; 09-22-2012 at 04:32 PM.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: TuntuKR
Phoenix (09-25-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2012, 02:13 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: Self-hitter - Looking for some light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuntuKR View Post
It's already been one year since I hooked up with my girlfriend, she is so much more intelligent than me. However, she is good at everything and makes me feel useless. Right know I'm doing bad at most of my activities and she has been asked to start learning piano at a conservatory by the same piano teacher I go to. (Of course, I haven't been asked)

I can't even express how dumb I feel.

I put so much effort in everything and she does it better just by blinking her eyes.

She says she notices me "a bit distant".

How can I make this situation better? I'm not going to tell her that the fact that she's better than me makes me sad. I want her to do everything she can, succeed in whatever she wants to. (Plus she's a hell of an artist)
Hello Diego

You are putting way too much pressure on yourself.
Please try not to view your relationship from such a negative standpoint(I know;easier said than done).

Some people are better at things than others.
Don't sell yourself short.You are an intelligent individual.

There's a reason the two of you are together;maybe she helps to bring out the best in you at times and even vice-versa.

Have a "heart-to-heart" talk with her,explaining certain aspects of the relationship in general.

Are you opposed to seeing a therapist or being placed on medication?

The more unsure you are about the relationship,the greater the likelihood that she'll begin to place the blame on herself.

You really don't want that because what was once perceived as a few items of concern,can easily turn a
mountain,in a matter of minutes.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Reply Reply