It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
(female)

Nnavarro HB User
My Story

Ok so I'm new here and have never done anything like this before. I'ma teen and have been cutting myself for about 4 years now. I had a tough experience with bullying starting in 6th grade. I thought the person was my "friend" and so I tried to ignore the rude comments. She new they would get to me and so she continued to taunt me! She'd call me ugly and fat, and I'd believe every word of it. I started cutting and starving myself.
I was hiding the scars pretty good for awhile but then I guess I got sloppy and everyone found out. Everyone (my family) found out I wasn't eating as well and noticed how I'd lost a lot of weight. I of course didn't notice it, I thought I was still "the ugly, fat girl." but I'm eating more now, and don't cut myself as often as I did. (I can go about a month or two without cutting, but then I'll go ahead and do it again). I've been in therapy now for over a year, but sometimes that doesn't seem like it's working.
Ok so that's my story... OH!! I almost forgot, um I also got into drinking and smoking weed. I felt like drinking alcohol was my escape from everything. I even got suspended sometime last year in November for bring liquor to school. I haven't had any alcohol since then. But then afterward, I started smoking weed to escape too. I didn't do it a lot (I think only 2 times) but only because I moved to a new town where I didn't know anyone and couldn't get my hands on some. Ok so THAT'S my story.
But what I came here for is to know if anyone could help me with my urges to cut. Just wondering. Thanks

Last edited by mod85; 09-29-2012 at 06:32 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Nnavarro:
Phoenix (10-09-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2012, 05:40 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: My Story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnavarro View Post
Ok so I'm new here and have never done anything like this before. I'ma teen and have been cutting myself for about 4 years now. I had a tough experience with bullying starting in 6th grade. I thought the person was my "friend" and so I tried to ignore the rude comments. She new they would get to me and so she continued to taunt me! She'd call me ugly and fat, and I'd believe every word of it. I started cutting and starving myself.
I was hiding the scars pretty good for awhile but then I guess I got sloppy and everyone found out. Everyone (my family) found out I wasn't eating as well and noticed how I'd lost a lot of weight. I of course didn't notice it, I thought I was still "the ugly, fat girl." but I'm eating more now, and don't cut myself as often as I did. (I can go about a month or two without cutting, but then I'll go ahead and do it again). I've been in therapy now for over a year, but sometimes that doesn't seem like it's working.
Ok so that's my story... OH!! I almost forgot, um I also got into drinking and smoking weed. I felt like drinking alcohol was my escape from everything. I even got suspended sometime last year in November for bring liquor to school. I haven't had any alcohol since then. But then afterward, I started smoking weed to escape too. I didn't do it a lot (I think only 2 times) but only because I moved to a new town where I didn't know anyone and couldn't get my hands on some. Ok so THAT'S my story.
But what I came here for is to know if anyone could help me with my urges to cut. Just wondering. Thanks
Hello Nnavarro,

From one to ten,how effective is your current therapist? There are people who attend session anywhere from one to five days a week,depending on the need.
Are you on any medications?

You are among people that understand what you are going through,so please feel free to share as often as you'd like.

There's no such thing as sharing too often.

Respectfully
Phoenix

Old 10-09-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
(female)

Nnavarro HB User

Um from one to ten my therapist is probably around a 7. She's great and I really appreciate her, but sometimes I feel it's not working. And no I'm not on any medications but sometimes I wonder if I should. Antidepressants or something. I also wonder if I'm bipolar sometimes and if I need meds for that. But I havent gotten the nerve to ask yet. Instead u cut...Guess I'm scared about what I might hear.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
(female)

Nnavarro HB User

I* not u sorry

Old 10-14-2012, 02:49 AM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnavarro View Post
Um from one to ten my therapist is probably around a 7. She's great and I really appreciate her, but sometimes I feel it's not working. And no I'm not on any medications but sometimes I wonder if I should. Antidepressants or something. I also wonder if I'm bipolar sometimes and if I need meds for that. But I havent gotten the nerve to ask yet. Instead u cut...Guess I'm scared about what I might hear.
Hello Nnavarro

Seven is definitely a respectable number.
Please try to reconsider asking about medications.

The therapist is there to help you and can't optimally do so,if there are (knowingly)unanswered questions yet to be asked.
If you feel that it may take you way out of your comfort zone,then please consider taking some time to reflect upon it.

Whatever your answer,know that we are a non-judgemental group and will respect your decision either way.

Respectfully
Phoenix

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix For This Useful Post:
Nnavarro (10-14-2012)
Old 10-14-2012, 08:24 AM   #6
(female)

Nnavarro HB User

Thank you Phoenix. next time I go I will try and talk to her about medications. And see what she thinks. I'm really grateful for your help! thank you so, so very much!!

Reply Reply