It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #1
(female)

loki2012 HB Userloki2012 HB User
Cutting

Does anyone else cut? I only cut when I don't want to feel emotional pain.

The following user gives a hug of support to loki2012:
Phoenix (12-24-2012)
Old 12-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Cutting

Hello loki2012.

I have a history of cutting. Fortunately, I haven't cut in about the last year or so.

I think cutting to block out emotional pain is one of the many reasons why people get hooked on cutting. It's one of the reasons why I've cut before. I'm sure you've realized it's only a temporary relief for what may be recurring emotional pain. Have you sought out any treatment options to develop healthier coping mechanisms?

The following user gives a hug of support to flamesabers:
Phoenix (12-24-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #3
(female)

loki2012 HB Userloki2012 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesabers View Post
Hello loki2012.

I have a history of cutting. Fortunately, I haven't cut in about the last year or so.

I think cutting to block out emotional pain is one of the many reasons why people get hooked on cutting. It's one of the reasons why I've cut before. I'm sure you've realized it's only a temporary relief for what may be recurring emotional pain. Have you sought out any treatment options to develop healthier coping mechanisms?
It's been over a year since I cut but I have visible scars that ppl ask me about on my arms. I say my cat clawed me. I'm on meds for depression and anxiety too.

Old 12-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #4
(female)

Gunnar0812 HB User

I too have a history of cutting. I am now 23 years old and I started when I was 7. I had a bad childhood. and many things happened. I used cutting as a way to escape. To get out of the real world. It always worked for me, but when it was done and I came back to reality, my problems were real and I had only created more problems for myself. I havent self injured now since February of this year. It is a beautiful crazy recovery. I have learned that it is hard to deal with life on lifes terms but I am also in a 12 step recovery program for another issue and i use those steps and my sponsor and other members of the program to help me get over the urge to cut as well. Lately there has been a lady that hates me because i live with her ex husband and she has used my cutting and eating disorders against. telling everyone the things that i used to do. to make it even worse she is a social worker and she has been recorded saying that i should just kill myself and that she wishes my real mom had finished the job when she tried to burn us alive. These words hurt, but no matter what, i do not have to cut over it. she is only hurting herself and her career as a social worker. find someone you trust and you love dearly and when times get hard cling to them for dear life. it is hard to live life on lifes terms but i have to turn it over to my higher power and let him have it, otherwise i could do some real damage to myself. i wish you the best of luck and hope you can overcome this powerful addiction. remember that we all love you and we are all here to help.

Old 01-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #5
(female)

ravenmew HB User

Hi hun.
i've been on and off recovery for my cutting for almost 8 years now. its a hard battle but its a way to cope with an emotion stress or pain your feeling because it distracts your mind. its only temp though and can get bad very fast. try using copes or more healthier ways to express your self rather then cutting your self . i started out with a hair tie on my arm and snapping it back on my arm when i wanted to do it. drawing. singing. video games are all good ways to help. though ive found war games to help the most. maybe try taking a bath or shower and just try to relax and let everything melt away under the warm water.

Reply Reply