It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
(female)

tearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB User
a year ago

i finally admitted to someone what I do and sought out help but here I sit with the urge to cut and the desire to let the pain out the and scream and wish for something more.

I am getting help and sometimes it does help but times like tonight I want to cut just to let the pain out and to see if anyone notices to see if anyone cares to see if life can ever get better even though I know it most likely wont
my friend the one that I confided in I am scared to talk to now, no matter what I ruined that friendship by confiding my dark secrets to them and no matter how bad I want to reach out again I wont because their life has changed and I won't ruin it for them.

Besides in the last year I have started taking chances hoping I think that maybe just maybe I would take a chance that would pay off and I would end up worse off than I am, yes I talk to my therapist about this but not all of it, yes I know I should be honest with him but it is so hard, everything is so hard.

The following user gives a hug of support to tearsnfears:
flamesabers (01-12-2013)
Old 01-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: a year ago

Hello tearsnfears.

I certainly agree it can be very hard at times to resolve troublesome problems or believe life can be better. Something I've found useful when I want to share something with my therapist that is difficult for me to talk about is to write it all down beforehand. Once I give him what I wrote, backpedaling is no longer an option for me. Even though it can be hard to do this and talk about it, at least he has a better idea of what's bothering me. I also find it helpful to write down what's going through my mind in the current moment than trying to recount to my therapist how I've been feeling.

If you haven't, I suggest telling him verbally or through written word that you want to want to cut to see if anyone cares about you. I can really relate to this feeling even though I know I absolutely don't want anyone to see my scars. While there may seem to be no point in telling him this, I think you're clearly communicating the despair and loneliness you're feeling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User

Hi tearsanfears.

Has there been any positive changes with how you've been feeling? I hope things are going better for you.

Last edited by flamesabers; 01-09-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Old 01-09-2013, 09:04 PM   #4
(female)

tearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB Usertearsnfears HB User

I continue to struggle, it has been a really tough week for me and I have given in tothe urge to cut this week which is far less then the other urges that I have been fighting so at least it is a small victory. I am just really depressed right now and nothing is helping I am just holding out for the weekend and my appt with my therapist right now that is all that I seem to have to hold on to.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

I hope you're able to share everything you want to say to your therapist during your next appointment.

Old 01-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
(female)

my appt was difficult, we discussed some of what I am going through, lately a struggling with nightmares that have me avoiding sleep and when I cant wake me up with my heart pounding terrified to return to sleep. I know that after nearly 30 years it is time to begin to move forward but we haven't made it through even one of several episodes I need to address.

I am a mess, I need something that will let me sleep undisturbed but I doubt it exists

Reply Reply