It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #1
(female)

Glitgirl HB User
Unhappy Depression.

I'm a teen, I've been verbally abused before. I experience a lot of depression and anxiety. I try so hard to be happy, but I just can't...I'm loosing my best friends which is making it worse for me. I can't see the positive in things, I don't see the meaning of life. I'm scared.. I feel worthless, empty, I have cut my self before...I can't stop.. I feel better when I do. I had goals in life, but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it.... All I can see is darkness....my best friends mean the world to me...is like a room that is completely dark and they are the light to find my way out. I have low self- esteem.. I look at my self in a bad way...I'm ugly, fat, unlovable, worthless, etc. At times I don't feel like myself like if I was another person..... Please someone help...

Last edited by Administrator; 01-19-2013 at 08:48 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Glitgirl:
flamesabers (01-19-2013)
Old 01-19-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Depression.

Hello Glitgirl.

I think trying to be happy when you feel depressed, anxious and horrible about yourself is a very difficult if not impossible task. Have you tried taking to a therapist about what you're going through? I've found that when I'm stuck in a dismal and despairing time in my life, it's easy to get stuck in this train of thought to the point where it seems like life is never going to get better. Talking to a therapist or someone can really help with seeing yourself and life in general in a different perspective.

You don't sound to me like you're a unlovable or worthless person. Being depressed doesn't make you a bad person. Instead, you sound like someone who wants to feel better, but no matter what you do, you still feel depressed and scared about only being able to see a dark and bleak future for yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
(female)

Glitgirl HB User
Re: Depression.

I've had therapy ever since I was little and my depression stopped for a while. It kicks in again, I'm trying to see the positive and just can't. My school has a psychologist, but I don't see her. I need to have medical insurance which I don't. At times I have like some kind of anxiety attack or something...I feel shortness of breath, dizzy, feeling like going insane, can't stay still, feeling like I'm trapped....It's really hard for me.. I feel like I'm alone and underestimated...If only you knew. Self-harm is become a habit.

Last edited by Glitgirl; 01-19-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Reply Reply