It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
(female)

thinks HB User
doctor

I'm always afraid my doctor will see my bruises....... but i don't stop. When I'm upset i hit. I don't know what to do. My ocd is crazy right now. So hitting is happening more then i would.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: doctor

Hello.

I think it's very common for self-injurers to not want others to see their bruises, scars, etc. I know I usually try to hide the scars I have from cutting. While this may not sound like a good thing right now, at least if your doctor sees the bruises, he/she will have a better idea of just how bad things are going for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #3
(female)

thinks HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesabers View Post
Hello.

I think it's very common for self-injurers to not want others to see their bruises, scars, etc. I know I usually try to hide the scars I have from cutting. While this may not sound like a good thing right now, at least if your doctor sees the bruises, he/she will have a better idea of just how bad things are going for you.
I think that to sometimes, and they ask, I'm always fast to say no. The worst is lying to friends and coworkers.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:03 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ivy2002 HB User

i have a lot of si scars..and with my current medical stuff going on i have had to become a bit detached about others seeing the scars..its embarrassing..and i sometimes ask my doctor if i can have just one person checking me or if i need to get a shot or something can i have it done in the exam room where there is more privacy vs doing it in the lab or where ever...

Reply Reply