It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Self-injury Recovery Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2013, 05:14 AM   #1
(female)

fantasygirl HB User
Punching Myself

I've recently been feeling very got and I'm not saying that it's not my fault as well, but it's getting me down! I've been incredibly emotional and have taken to locking myself in my bedroom! After I stop crying, I begin to punch myself on the arms especially on my face and on my legs! It helps me calm down, but when I realise what I've done, I get depressed! Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-11-2013, 06:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

flamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB Userflamesabers HB User
Re: Punching Myself

Hello fantasygirl,

Have you tried asking for help from someone like a counselor or therapist? If not, I think it may help with breaking the vicious cycle of hurting yourself to feel better but then feeling horrible afterwards. I realize asking for help, especially for a matter like self-injury is not easy. However, you may find it it to be a huge relief to no longer have to carry this burden all by yourself. If you find it too hard to talk about your self-injury with someone, I suggest asking for help with coping with the emotions that precede your self-injury. If you are able to develop better coping mechanisms, you find may find it easier to utilize other ways to calm down other than punching yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply