It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Senior Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
(female)

Crystalite HB User
Rib cage pain and soreness

I am a 65 yr young woman. I am experiencing pain and soreness on my right side, upper, lower and in between my rib cage. I had this issue for quite awhile (2 yrs or more). I had lower lumbar surgery thinking this may have been the problem and go away. I had therapy, patches for pain, xrays and ultrasound for Gall Bladder. Nothing shows up. The pain can be severe at times and I am tired of having pain. Any thoughts on what this might be? I noticed from surfing that I am not alone on this matter, but no cures.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Rib cage pain and soreness

Have you had a HIDA scan for gb function? I would opt for that next.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

Welcome to the board. Did you ever have a thoracic MRI when you were searching for answers with your lumbar issues?

While the dermatomes run up and down for the lumbar area, in the thoracic area they go around the rib cage. Sometimes in cases of degenerative disc disease in the thoracic area of the spinal column, the patient's main complaint is pain in the side that kind of feels like a rib is collapsing...or just a pain in the side. Often it hurts more when the person is standing or walking and can be relieved by lying down. It can feel sore to the touch.

Does that describe any of your symptoms?

Old 03-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
(female)

ninal HB User

I have just about the same thing! I have two ribs that slip out of place and always have to go to the chiropractor to have them popped back in. Sometimes it takes more than one visit to get them to stay in also. There is really nothing you can do to make it feel better besides laying down until they stay in place. Try not to twist your torso when lifting and it could help prevent it from happening again!

Old 09-09-2012, 01:45 PM   #5
(female)

joykay13 HB User

Sounds as if it may be something called Condroitis sp? It,s a chronic inflammation of the muscles beneath the ribcage.

Closed Thread