It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Dysfunction Treatment Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Horny Goat Weed for Women??

If there are any women at all that post on this board: Have you tried horny goat weed to boost your sex drive? Did it work? I need serious help in this department.

Last edited by kittywitty; 11-25-2007 at 01:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2007, 11:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Horny Goat Weed for Women??

Anybody? I'm going to buy it tomorrow. Btw, is this board just for men? Every time I post on here I don't get much response. Maybe no women have this problem? Mine stems from lowered testosterone from being on an SSRI antidepressant for 8 years. I've posted on the Hormone Problems board, too, about this. No answer there either.....hmm.....

Last edited by kittywitty; 11-28-2007 at 11:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2007, 01:42 AM   #3
(male)

kalisun HB User

[Deleted]

You might have better response there as this is the male side of the board..

Good Luck!

[This board is for both male and female sexual disfunction. The board you mentioned she post on is not appropriate for sexual topics and would be deleted there. This is the correct board for her post. Thanks.]

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-01-2007 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Do not direct members to post on the wrong board.

Old 12-03-2007, 01:23 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Anyone else?? Does HGW increase testosterone like it claims to? I don't want to do any injections, creams, or pills btw.

Last edited by kittywitty; 12-17-2007 at 01:49 PM.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

tjsman HB User

sorry ive never heard of hgw working for women wish i could be more helpful

Old 12-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks anyway. It's supposed to work for both sexes, at least it claims to. Maybe someone will come along who's tried it and had success with it. So far I've been taking it for a week, but it doesn't seem to be working. I started with only one pill a day (1,000 mg), though, because I'm sensitive to side effects. I've had no adverse effects from it yet, but, again, no real interest either. Maybe it's time to up it to two a day like the label recommends.

Last edited by kittywitty; 12-06-2007 at 11:58 PM.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:12 AM   #7
(female)

Flourish HB User

Don't worry hun, you're not the only woman here.

Sorry I don't know anything about hgw but here's to hoping it helps! IF it does, keep me updated, I might like to try it.

Old 12-27-2007, 03:59 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks! I was beginning to wonder. I actually just recently stopped taking it because it was stopping my menstrual cycle. I'm not pregnant and my husband and I don't want to be either. We use condoms and chart my ovulation to prevent pregnancy because I can't take hormonal birth control due to side effects, and I can't have something like the hgw screwing up my cycles. It also didn't help me with the libido thing anyway, oh well. They make hgw formulas just for women, but I'm afraid to try them now because of what this one did. I was taking one made for men. Most of the women ones that I've came across have to be taken an hour or so before 'activity' and since I'm not really interested in having sex at all, that type of dosing schedule doesn't work for me, if you know what I mean. I was looking more for something that I could take every day and hopefully just have it work that way.

Last edited by kittywitty; 12-27-2007 at 04:17 PM.

Old 12-29-2007, 07:50 AM   #9
(female)

Texanne HB User

Look into L-Arginine. It supposedly works the same way as the prescription meds; by increasing the blood flow to the "extremities". This is helpful to men and women. Also, I had the same effect from the antidepressant Celexa, and the doc added Wellbutrin to help mediate the effects (not just no sex drive, but anti-sex drive!). The Wellbutrin helps some, and the arginine helps a lot, but if you take a full dose, you may get a headache a few hours later, I did. This is also a possible side effect from the prescription meds. This stuff is just hit-or-miss sometimes, isn't it?

Old 12-29-2007, 05:44 PM   #10
(female)

Flourish HB User

lol "exremities"

I'm on Celexa and Wellbutrin as well, but I haven't seen any changes in my sex drive. (darn!) I could be on a way different dose than you though. Of course, sex is a whole different ball game to me compared to sex drive alone.

As for hgw, doesn't look like I'll be taking that any time soon. I like my cycle where it is, thank you!

Old 12-30-2007, 12:33 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thanks a lot guys, nice to see this thread getting some activity on it.

Texanne -

Is L-Arginine an amino acid? If so, I drink a whey protein shake that has 505 mgs of it in one scoop. I work out four days a week and I drink it before and after my workouts.

Texanne & Flourish -

I was on Prozac for eight years, and at one point I did add Wellbutrin to try to help the libido problem, and it helped some, but it made my hair fall out. Definitely not a good trade-off, especially since I had already been losing hair on the Prozac. Adding the Wellbutrin just made me lose more, so I stopped taking it.

Last edited by kittywitty; 12-30-2007 at 01:06 AM.

Closed Thread