It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Dysfunction Treatment Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2008, 09:40 PM   #1
(male)

status135 HB User
Penile Implants and loss in size

Hey guys.
I am wondering if any of you can share your experiences on what happened to the size of your penis after you received an implant.
I am strongly considering getting a penile implant to correct my moderate to high level ED. My ED is totally killing my self esteme and confidence. I am a competitor for the Mr Natural Australia title in the 90 kg division. I hate to sound like I am bragging but I am good looking and find interactions with women very easy. My ED seems to make me feel like a waste. Its like I have my looks for nothing. The amount of times that I have taken a girl home from a night out only to have my penis not working is uncountable.

Oral medications rarely work. Usually they have little to no effect. So I am now considering getting an implant. However I am concerned about loosing a lot of length.
Right now I'm at 7.5" in length and 5.5" in girth. What would I expect to have post surgery?

Old 01-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #2
(male)

doj HB User
Re: Penile Implants and loss in size

status135,
As far as I know, those who have NOT had a prostatectomy and have an implant do not lose much if any of their length. The erect length following an implant is generally the length that you can stretch your penis when it's flaccid. As for girth, some complain of a bit of loss there, others do not. My implant was due to a prostatectomy, so I did lose length, but that was because of the loss of the prostate and the reattachment of the urethra to the bladder. So, you should not lose a significant amount. Others may have different experiences, so use a search engine on penile implants, or groups and see if you can find other help as well.
doj

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2008, 08:13 PM   #3
(male)

will01 HB User

Hi...I hava a question. The "stretch test" for the estimation of one's penile length before implant surgery confuses me a bit. When you say "stretch," is that a "light" stretch or somewhat an "aggressive" pull?

Old 01-08-2008, 11:41 PM   #4
(male)

status135 HB User

When I do an aggressive pull on my flacid its actually larger than my erect length. I can stretch it out to a tad under 8". Does that mean that I can actually gain length from the penile implant?
However a soft stretch of the flacid only yields about 7".

I have been trying to research this topic for so long however I am having trouble getting quality reports. I can only seem to find reports showing that implant surgery doesn't result in a reduction of the stretched flacid length. However what I'm interested in is erect length not stretched flacid length.

I have found a couple of interesting pages. One page said that the maximum tubing size for the AMS 700 ultrex is 21cm. 7cm of that is inside the actual body that only leaves 14 cm out. So according to this info the maximum size that can be achieved is about 5.5". Is this correct?

I can take loosing half an inch or so but dropping from 7.5" to 5" will be hard to take

Old 01-09-2008, 07:24 PM   #5
(male)

doj HB User

status,
As I mentioned in my previous post, my length loss was due to the loss of the prostate, but from what I've heard from others, if their ED was due to other factors rather than prostate cancer, the implant did not cause significant loss. Do a search for penile implant groups on one of the well-known search engines and you might find help there. One man communicated to me via another medical site that partners with Healthboards, and he didn't lose any length. I think you'll likely have at least 6-7 inches if you can stretch/tug the flaccid penis that long. That's what the surgeon does to determine the size of the implant.
I hope I've helped.
doj

Old 02-23-2008, 02:32 PM   #6
(male)

jagerbombme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by status135 View Post
Hey guys.
I am wondering if any of you can share your experiences on what happened to the size of your penis after you received an implant.
I am strongly considering getting a penile implant to correct my moderate to high level ED. My ED is totally killing my self esteme and confidence. I am a competitor for the Mr Natural Australia title in the 90 kg division. I hate to sound like I am bragging but I am good looking and find interactions with women very easy. My ED seems to make me feel like a waste. Its like I have my looks for nothing. The amount of times that I have taken a girl home from a night out only to have my penis not working is uncountable.

Oral medications rarely work. Usually they have little to no effect. So I am now considering getting an implant. However I am concerned about loosing a lot of length.
Right now I'm at 7.5" in length and 5.5" in girth. What would I expect to have post surgery?

your 5.5" in girth. dude, that wouldn't fit into a woman. number two, give up mr. natural and go get yourself some testosterone. will have no penile problems with testosterone

Old 02-26-2008, 03:08 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

whytry HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagerbombme View Post
your 5.5" in girth. dude, that wouldn't fit into a woman. number two, give up mr. natural and go get yourself some testosterone. will have no penile problems with testosterone
Girth is circumference, not diameter. Might be tight for small women, but it will fit.

Closed Thread