It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Dysfunction Treatment Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
(male)

racesec HB User
Penile implant ?

Had penile implant on 9/11. Needing feedback from anybody who has had a
implant. Amost 4 weeks since surgery and still have swelling around right testicle. Implant still feels like it is partially inflated (Dr says no). Will it feel like it used too eventually ? I would be happy to answer any questions also.

Thanks

Old 10-06-2008, 04:37 AM   #2
(male)

art662 HB User
Re: Penile implant ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by racesec View Post
Had penile implant on 9/11. Needing feedback from anybody who has had a
implant. Amost 4 weeks since surgery and still have swelling around right testicle. Implant still feels like it is partially inflated (Dr says no). Will it feel like it used too eventually ? I would be happy to answer any questions also.

Thanks
Hi racesec -
The swelling will subside with time.
You most probably had a little more than average bleeding, so the hematomas will take time to be re-absorbed into the body. There is probably a little fluid in the cylinders, some are implanted with slight inflation, others with more. I am 54 and have had 7 implants.
Over time everything will settle down and look pretty normal. You will never have a totally flaccid appearance. I assume you had the 3 piece inflatable implant?
The 1st implant usually yields excellent results. Most loose some length, but considering the alternative - itís better than nothing.
Hereís hoping for a speed recovery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2008, 08:47 AM   #3
(male)

racesec HB User

Hi art662,

I did have the 3 piece ams 700cx implanted. Your are right about the
bleeding (had alot). When you say that a totally flaccid look is probably not going to happen. Do you still feel somewhat erect when all the fluid is out?
My penis feeels kinda hard even though it is supposed to be empty. How much
lenght did you lose? What implant do you have? I canot imagine having 7 of
these operations.You are a tough sonofagun.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:20 AM   #4
(male)

art662 HB User

Quote:
Hi art662,

I did have the 3 piece ams 700cx implanted. Your are right about the
bleeding (had alot). When you say that a totally flaccid look is probably not going to happen. Do you still feel somewhat erect when all the fluid is out?
My penis feeels kinda hard even though it is supposed to be empty. How much
lenght did you lose? What implant do you have? I canot imagine having 7 of
these operations.You are a tough sonofagun.

Hi racesec

Yes, the AMS 700 series. That is the 'gold standard'. I think that is a good choice, as it is supposed to give the most natural appearance. I have always had this brand and type of implant. They have made great advancements since my first implant in 1981.
The implant takes quite a while to settle down.
Your penis will feel full and somewhat hard because of the tissues will need time to conform around the cylinders.
As to the swelling, it can take a long time for all the old blood to be reabsorbed, but trust me, it will subside with time.
The flaccid appearance is altered somewhat. It depends on the patient. The cylinders will not retract into the body as normal tissues do when not engorged with blood. Also the cylinders themselves have some tensile properties.

Length loss on an initial implant is usually 1" or so. If you have revisions, you can loose more.
My particular case, I lost several inches. But I am the exception with about everything that can go wrong (with the exception of infection) that could go wrong and still keep an implant.
Actually, I have had 18 surgeries to try and correct issues with scarring and penile wall weakening.

I want to add that I am all for the implant - everyone will respond differently to the surgery.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:13 AM   #5
(male)

racesec HB User

Hi art662,

Did you have a problem keeping your penis going straight down?
Dr. wants it to hang straight down but it really wants to go left.
How long before you starting pumping it up. Did you gain some length back as
it was used more ?
Thanks for answering my questions.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:46 PM   #6
(male)

art662 HB User

Quote:
Hi art662,

Did you have a problem keeping your penis going straight down?
Dr. wants it to hang straight down but it really wants to go left.
How long before you starting pumping it up. Did you gain some length back as
it was used more ?
Thanks for answering my questions.

Hey racesec -
The reason the dr. wants it to go straight down after surgery is to hopefully have the cylinders seat as nearly as symmetrical as possible and also allow your flaccid state will look more natural.
I have hand numerous problems, so I am an exception to the other members who have had the implantóI am sure they will chime in on this one.
It is important for a time after surgery to keep the penis as centered as you can and facing down if possible.
It takes time and some effort, but the more you can follow your Dr.ís instructions the better.

Activation depends on each individual. As time goes on, some length can return - but not much in my experience. You might not lose length - it is typical, but not exclusive.

Anything else, I'll be around.
All the best.

Closed Thread