It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Dysfunction Treatment Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #1
(male)

urology HB User
Penis suspensory ligament

Is there anyway to fix a torn suspensory ligament besides surgery? medication creams? that make it connect back to the pubic bone or make it regenerate?

Last edited by urology; 02-26-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
(male)

timturmoil HB User
Re: Penis suspensory ligament

Hey -- i think I have torn mine as well.. my girlfriend pulled my penis upward suddenly, and I think i maybe have some vein damage/ suspensory ligament damage..

I saw a urologist, but he rushed me out the door claiming that it is not possible for her to have torn the ligament.

i have had weak erections, and my penis feels and looks detached from the sides of the base.

What are your symptoms? have you made any recover yet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
(male)

art662 HB User

Hey gang -

I think it would be very difficult to tear the ligament - I have had this ligament cut - and it will grow back if not put under tension (as mine did) I don't believe that the instability of your erection is caused by this - perhaps you should visit another urologist and let him make the diagnosis. All the best to you.
Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by timturmoil View Post
Hey -- i think I have torn mine as well.. my girlfriend pulled my penis upward suddenly, and I think i maybe have some vein damage/ suspensory ligament damage..

I saw a urologist, but he rushed me out the door claiming that it is not possible for her to have torn the ligament.

i have had weak erections, and my penis feels and looks detached from the sides of the base.

What are your symptoms? have you made any recover yet?

Old 03-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #4
(male)

timturmoil HB User

thanks for the reply, this is really getting to me psychologically.

I just cant understand what else would be causing the instability.. Do you think I could have stretched the ligament? there seems to be a little more space between my pubic bone and the base of my penis, and I have less control over my penis when flexing my PC muscle..

where does the ligament attach? I also have a small string like something that starts at the base of the penis and travels up the side.. at first I assumed it was a thrombosis superficial dorsal vein, but it is colorless and it is very thin and does not engorge like the other side.

Im really freaking out that there i some permanent damage, and im really messed up over this..

Old 03-11-2009, 07:30 AM   #5
(male)

urology HB User

my symptoms are instability from the sides and I have not recovered it's been 2 years and the instability is definitely caused by it I know because on one side it's fine.
for you it's probably not permanent for me it is. I didn't know what it was or that I even had a problem until recently. I kept putting tension on it not knowing it was damaged. So I'd say let it rest and in the meanwhile keep asking around to urologist. Most will tell you nothing is wrong. They just don't understand something is. I guess because in your case it will get better? Because I'm sure it will heal if you don't have any pressure on it.

Closed Thread