It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Dysfunction Treatment Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #1
(male)

malintent HB User
embolization for venous leak?

i'm 17 and have venous leak. to say that the past year and a half of my life has been a nightmare would be an understatement. i've been to innumerable doctor appointments, been on loads of meds, tried to kill myself too.. just it really has been a horrible time i read recently online some positive reports regarding embolization for venous leak? does anyone have any information, how i would go about pursuing this? i am desperate. i live in ireland but am willing to travel wherever. please help me.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #2
(male)

Samstar9 HB User
Re: embolization for venous leak?

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about you circusmtances. Try not to let it get you down (easy for me to say I know).

You need to discuss this matter with a urologist. Surely your GP has referred you to one already.

I can't speak from experience as I do not have a venous leak nor have I had an embolization. I do however have a varicocele on my left testicle. I have been advised by a urologist that embolization is a very effective means of treating varicoceles and a preferred option to surgey. It would seem perfectly logical that embolization would be as effective for treating a venous leak. The goal for treating both our conditions are ultimately the same in that we both require the problematic vein to be taken out of use, i.e. block the blood flow through it, which is precicely what the embolization achieves.

I hope you make some progress getting this resolved.

Kind regards

Richard

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2009, 04:33 PM   #3
(male)

malintent HB User

I have gone to urologists/psychiatrists/the whole shebang, all of them seem extremely reluctant to diagnose a venous leak. And here in ireland the medical system is so redundant that the radiologists refused to do any tests for vascular leakage in case they'd 'read the results incorrectly'. I'm travelling at the end of july to have either doppler ultrasound or cavernosometry (sp?) to finally get some answers (please god..) I have researched venous leak extensively in pursuit of some treatment that would enable me to engage in a normal sexual life but the outlook is dim tbh. As I stated I've read a few promising reports on embolization but information is scarce otherwise... I just feel trapped by this and like it's corrupted nearly the last two years of my life and with the prognosis being so bleak I feel constantly depressed. I try and tell myself i'm just making it worse for myself and that if I could accept it it'd get easier but it really has gotten no easier to deal with since this whole awful ordeal began.. anyway I've gone off on a tangent here my point of this was to ask, what is the outlook on GENE THERAPY for treatment of venous leak???? And when would it be available to the public for use???Even estimations would be welcome. Thanks so much.

Old 01-10-2010, 05:12 AM   #4
(male)

Hardwood HB User

Hi,
I've had successful surgery for venous leak.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 01-12-2010 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Requesting private messages is not allowed.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:28 AM   #5
(male)

malintent HB User

hey thanks for the reply i would definitely love to hear what you have to say. Can you post more info?

Last edited by Mod-S4; 01-12-2010 at 05:22 AM.

Old 01-13-2010, 12:09 AM   #6
(male)

westell1 HB User

hey hardwood, can you tell what happened with the venous leak surgery?

Old 02-02-2010, 11:44 PM   #7
(male)

westell1 HB User

hardwood are you there? Can you tell us about the embolization?

Closed Thread