It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Dysfunction Treatment Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
(male)

HBaddict HB User
Vacuum Pump for ED

My urologist has prescribed a vacuum pump and hopefully it can fix my ED problem.

Has anyone here used a vacuum pump before?

I have called a few vendors. They said there are manual pump and automatic pump. I hope someone can tell me the pros and cons of each so I can make the right decision as to which one I should use.

Also, one vendor promised to have a adviser to tutor me how to use the pump. Another vendor does not have it. How important is it to have a tutor? Is it easy to figure out how to use it and the best way to use it by myself with the user manual?

Your advice will be very appreciated. Thank you.

Old 09-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #2
(male)

doj HB User
Re: Vacuum Pump for ED

I had one but was only able to use it successfully once for intercourse. Just couldn't get the rings tight enough to keep the blood in. I tried using two rings, but that was most uncomfortable. My was an Encore, which had both a motorized pump and a manual pump. I found that I used the manual pump more. I used it for months just to keep blood flow and stretch the tissue of the penis. Certainly you should follow your urologist's instructions. Your insurance will likely pay for it.
doj

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2009, 11:20 AM   #3
(male)

rbbb HB Userrbbb HB Userrbbb HB User

I too have used an Encore (Motorized) for about 7 months now. Using the rings that came with it was OK -- but they tended to stretch out fairly quickly over time and, yes, even with two it would not keeping things hard for very long (but still Good Enough). I have since changed over to using OSBON ergonomic rings (they look like little baby elephant heads). Those have been better at keeping things hard longer, plus they do allow some blood flow IN so you stay a little warmer and less purple. They are expensive tho -- but seem to be keeping snug even with lots of use (buy 3 or 4 different sizes and mix and match). I like the motorized version of the Encore since you can steady it and control the pump with one hand and hold the scrotal tissue with the free hand. It is VITAL to hold down the skin -- otherwise some will inevitably get sucked into the tube -- and the more that happens the more uncomfortable it gets. Also be sure to shave .. just manscape it all right off (using a good 4 bladed razor ). Use Astroglide for lube on the tube, which of course can do double-duty with you and your partner when you are ready to go. Finally, i bought the larger 9" tube that goes with the Encore also -- when I fill up the shorter one .. just put the rings on and then switch to the larger one for a final OOMPH of vacuuming. Works good for me. (For rehab only you don't have to use the rings of course -- just pump and release a little over and over.

(Also about intercourse -- I am ONLY really able to use a pumped penis easily either doggy style or while lying side-by-side spoon style -- from straight missionary it is just too swivelly due to the softness behind the rings (which obviously does not stay pumped up if you have ED issues).

Last edited by rbbb; 10-02-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
(male)

Patrotaki HB User

I used the Osborn ErectAid very successfully for over 20 years from 1982. They only made the manual version at that time. Over time the bands weakened or the leakage became worse (or perhaps a little of both) and I began making my own bands from #84 rubber bands.

I never had a partner complain or even say anything about the "kit" as I called it. I simply explained that I had a blood flow problem but had a solution for it. I always included her in the process; first, she would get me wet while I applied the lublicant (that was fun in itself) and then asked her to hold my scrotum to keep the loose skin from being sucked into the cylinder. Once you set the seal with the first few strokes of the pump yu can continue foreplay by kissing and even fondling her so there isn't a complete break in the flow of things.

I didn't have the problem with the positions that rbbb did.
I had no difficulty with the missionary, rear entry or woman superior positions.

As I said, none ever complained or looked down on me for having to use the pump. Several even commented on how good it was for them that I was so hard and could remain so to give them a second or third orgasm. I had no problem the bands on for 15 minutes or so. After that the penis begins to loose feeling and become cold like any body part that had the blood supply restricted. All partners were extended relationships.

I gave up on the pump because the leakage became worse (developing diabetes aggravated it too) and the bands I had to use were too tight to be comfortable. In 2006 I had an implant.

Other than the cost factor, I can see no drawback to using the pump. They are rather expensive or were in 1982; $350 - equivalent to about $800 today. And it is not a permanent solution like the implant. If you decide you don't like it yoiu can always go another route; shots or implant.

One last note: One partner moved away and later married. She recommended the pump to her husband when he had problems due to prostate cancer.

Closed Thread