It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Dysfunction Treatment Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #1
(female)

phoebekittys HB User
young female, no sex drive

Hello,

I have posted on this board several times hoping my problem will get better but it hasnt. I have been with my boyfriend now for 7 years and for the first 2 years we were not having sex (we were too young) but had a pretty normal sex drive. When we were about 17 we had decided that we were ready to have sex but i wouldnt do it unless i was on birth control. After the birth control (and i was on an anti depresant for "maybe" 3 months) my sex drive had gone super down hill. It has been a year and a half since i have not been on any form of birth control, and probably 3 years for the small amount of anti depresant i was on, and there is no sign of any increase.

I am interested and attracted to men but i have no desire for sex. I was told birth control can take about a year to get out of your system so i keep waiting for my sex life to return but it hasnt. When i do have an orgasm it is very dull. I remember having way more intense ones a few years back. I am also very dry. One of the rare times where i actually wanted sex i was still very very very... did i say very? VERY dry. I was not always like this. A few years back we did not need any extra lubercant.

About 4-5 months after i got off BC i went the dr (a dr i have never had before) and was begging for help and i told her i had been on BC and she said it was pretty normal. which i already knew that. She did not seem to want to help me at all. I just figured i wait for it to be a year off BC to see if my sex drive did come back.

So a year and a half later here I am with no sex drive still. Anyway... I am planning on going to planned parenthood to see if i can get some help. I do not have any health insurance anymore so i have to go there. I have read it is a good idea to get your hormone levels checked and so i am going to see if they can do that. I was thinking about suggesting a T suppliment. I have read the possible side effects such as hair growth, deep voice, ect..., but at this point im willing to try anything. (my boyfriend would be happy with having sex once a month if this worked even a little at this point) Does anyone know what the possible long term side effects this could have on me because i am so young? (I am about to be 23) Could this effect having children in the future? It is not worth it to me if it could put me at risk of being infertile. Also, if i start taking suppliments now would this make my body stop producing its own testosterone so i would have to pretty much stay on it for the rest of my life? Also, does anyone know a price range for this cream if you dont have insurance?

Anybody who has any answers or suggestions please let me know!!!

(Btw. I have tried all sorts of OTC products that are all complete FAILS)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2010, 01:41 AM   #2
(male)

SJ444 HB User
Re: young female, no sex drive

I think that your problem may be related to hormonal disturbances. In this case you will have to test your hormonal blood levels. Some mental problems may also be the reason of your condition (for example depression). I think you should go to a doctor and make all necessity analysis to find the exact cause of your condition.

Closed Thread