It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Dysfunction Treatment Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2010, 01:28 PM   #1
(male)

ptowncp84 HB User
Problem with AMS LGX MS pump

Hey Caddyman

I had the AMS LGX MS pump put in back in June and recently became activated. I am having a problem already with deflating. Could you help me with this or any other person who has the AMS LGX MS pump.

Do you ever here a snap or a noise when pressing the release valve on the implant it makes a snap noise not the noise of fluid running through the tubing.

I also notice sometimes my bulb goes flat on the first squezze.

I am thinking my deflation valve is getting stuck, how hard are you sposed to hit the deflation button.

chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-13-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
(male)

caddyman23 HB Usercaddyman23 HB User
Re: Young Guys with ED/Implants - update

Hey Chris,

Good to hear from ya again. Foremost - congratulations on taking the plunge!! I know from experience that choosing the surgical option certainly isn't an easy choice or'a fast fix. You should be very proud of yourself for your bravery, going through all you have. I know it was the right choice, and hopefully the operation for you - as it's been for me - will open up a whole new and far happier world for ya.

That all said - on to the logistical questions...

Everything you've described with the pump, deflation mechanism, I've experienced myself - and all right around the same timeframe as you (roughly one - two months post-op). They all (save for the "snapping" - more on that in'a second) have subsided as the machinery has presumably (?) settled into regular use.

First, the snapping sound...that hasn't really gone away, just lessened over time. Each and every time I push and hold the button (with a corresponding "whiiiir" as fluid is released from the cylinders and back into the reservoir), there is a slight "snap" and I have no idea why. I'd imagine it's just how the button fits into its hole (on being pressed) - but as it happens everytime (and as the implant has worked each and every time), I'm not too worried.

As to the bulb going flat, this too happened once or twice shortly after activation and it initially scared the bajeebus outta me. With no air or fluid (or whatever's inside the bulb), one can't pump the device of course, and so thinking I'd somehow broken the thing, I was loopy for'a handful of seconds. While I've no idea how it happened in the first place, thankfully the "fix" for the problem is as easy as hitting and holding the release button, which of course sends fluid back to the reservoir and (again, for whatever reason) "pops" the bulb back to full (and ready again for use). Notably this only occured those couple of times in the first month or so after activation, and hasn't again for the better end of 10 or 11 months now.

As to how hard to hit the release button - "not very hard" - or rather, you shouldn't need to hit it very hard. It's just a simple button afterall, and can only be depressed so far before it hits "fully down." From my experience (with my own device), I press and hold just tight enough such that I feel and hear the fluid start to flow from dick to stomach area. If you don't hear the "whiiiiir" of movement and the feel the liquid going where it's supposed to, press a bit harder; conversely, if all is flowing and sounding as it should, then you're pressing "hard enough."

Again, congrats Chris - please keep posting about your experiences. After Art back when, and then me, you're only the third 20-something guy to receive an implant and post hereabouts. Your feedback I'm sure would helpful to lot'sa lot'sa others.

Last edited by caddyman23; 08-13-2010 at 05:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2010, 01:49 PM   #3
(male)

ptowncp84 HB User
Re: Young Guys with ED/Implants - update

Hey Caddy

Thanks for sharing the info about the pump, im still having the bulb go flat whenever i pump it, but its really quite east to fix by just hitting the release button. I talked to my doc about this and he told me that its common for the MS lockout valve to get stuck, and that its a simple fix by hitting the deflate button. He said the snap you hear when deflating is all normal and thats a sign your engaging the deflate button to cycle the fluid. So I guess its nothing to worry about. My doc didnt seem worried.

Do you have any problems with auto-inflation when lifting weights?

Take care
chris

Old 08-30-2010, 02:23 PM   #4
(male)

Re: Problem with AMS LGX MS pump

Nosir - no issues thus far with auto-inflation while lifting. Everything stays as it's supposed to (lol - or as you choose to set it I should say) regardless of the type or intensity of activities being engaged.

Old 10-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
(male)

ptowncp84 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddyman23 View Post
Nosir - no issues thus far with auto-inflation while lifting. Everything stays as it's supposed to (lol - or as you choose to set it I should say) regardless of the type or intensity of activities being engaged.
Hey Caddy

Hows everything been going.
I have got to say that my life has drastically changed for the better with this implant. I just have a few concerns and worrys about having a device down there. I started going back to the gym lifting 5 days a week, and i am kind of concerned about intensity while lifting. Since you had the implant are you lifting less weight with it, or are you lifting as much as you can. I totally stopped any kind of leg workout except for calves. Do you have any problems doing machine back rows with the cushion that presses on your abdomen? What about seated shoulder presses, im concerned about lifting heavy weights and sitting on the pump. Any problems thus far with these exercises.

My surgery was back in June and it seems its getting better every day.
It seems like I got almost 95 % blood flow down there and I dont have to pump it at all for it to be 100 percent hard. This is very strange but awesome. Im pretty sure i can have sex with the thing deflated. I had peyronies really really bad, my doc said, so i lost about a inch in length because of the scarring. All the docs before this doctor said I was to young for a implant and they couldnt do nothing, while my peyronies was getting really bad. I had gone to some of the best urologist in the Texas and Lousianna region and they all said i was to young even though i failed all test and therapy. I finally went to a expert in Tenneesse who said i needed a implant ASAP because of the peyronies. Everything is all good now, no more scarring and I have a erection again. Im kind of saddened i droped to 4 1/2 but i dont think a women would care because i can make up for it in other areas, especially making it go down when she wants it too.

talk to you later Caddy

You, and Art are the best, thanks for sharing your post about before and after surgery. After reading your post I know i definately was making the right decision about a implant.

chris

The Following User Says Thank You to ptowncp84 For This Useful Post:
CAcan (04-04-2012)
Old 10-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #6
(male)

Hey Chris,

Sorry for the slow reply - the site (for whatever reason) didn't notify me (as it has historically) that somebody had posted to this thread. I just happened to peruse the site, noticed your writing.

Anywho, congrats again on your decision and successful recovery. You did the research, exhausted the alternatives and (after a diligent hunt) found'a qualified surgical team - you should be very, very proud of what you've accomplished - and I couldn't be more happy for you.

As to lifting; like you, I've given up dedicated leg training beyond stair-climbing and lunges. That means no deadlifting, squatting, extensions, presses - any movements that might place intense stress on areas that now contain or are near tubing, cylinders or the like. Moreover, I've also ended focused ab(dominal) training as well. Crunches or similar that would place dedicated stress on the abdominal wall (and so the vicinity of the reservoir)...for me, also a no-no.

Now, that all said, I gotta say that I made this drastic alteration to my lifting routine (and despite the changes they've especially wrought on my former six-pack) solely on my own. My surgeon gave me no such prohibition - made no warning that training my abs or legs would or could result in damage to the implant. Indeed, my surgeon stated there were no limitations to life with the implant (beyond perhaps cross-country horseback riding or trying to hump concrete walls while inflated). Rather I came to the decision (to limit my training) alone, and because I figured that, while yes, the implant doesn't limit "regular" daily activities such as walking up stairs, bending over, twisting and turning, etc. - its designers never designed the thing for a 20 - 30-something bodybuilder and the daily activities they would engage in a gym environment. I mean, how old is the "typical" recipent of one of these things? 65? 70? With certain, limited exceptions (I've seen some truly inspirational guys now and then at the gym), there ain't a 60-something year old on earth that's gonna hit the weights with the same frequency, intensity or duration as'a 30 year old bodybuilder...and so, as'a strictly precautionary action, I've chosen to limit how and what I train despite statements by "the experts."

Now, that all said, while I've strictly limited leg training and omitted abs, I still hit other muscle groups with the same intensity as before. Training biceps, back, shoulders, chest, etc...these exercises/muscle groups should have zero impact on the implant, and indeed, I've felt nothing "down there" and seen no change in the daily performance of my device, regardless of how hard I hit it in the weightroom. And for the record, my regular, daily routine is never less than an hour of pretty intense weight training, and often lasts as long as two.

To answer your specific question about sitting on benches/chairs or resting against pads on certain exercises...yes, if seated on'a particularly stiff (poorly padded) bench, sometimes I'll feel a slight pinch or whatever. In such case, as with sitting on any uncomfortable surface, I'll just adjust myself such that I'm comfortable. I'll also seat myself (initially) so that my chest primarily rests against the pad, and not my stomach or manhood - a position that's not only more comfortable, but "safer" (I'd wager) for the implant as you go about pulling, pushing and generally grunting. Shoulder presses should be no big deal...I don't know how the pump moves about inside our balls as we sit, twist, etc., but I'd wager that when we're planted flat on our butts, the thing just moves to the side...and because I've experienced not only zero mechanical issues post-shoulder training/sitting/pressing, but more importantly, zero pain or other discomfort while in this position.

My advice then is to just go about your routine (even training legs if you're so inclined) and simply when and if you feel any discomfort, just stop or adjust what you're doing. The device really does seem to be as durable as the doctors and others here and elsewhere have stated, and if it does break, it's not gonna be because you were (bicep) curling or shoulder pressing too much weight. Good luck - now go get huge!

Last edited by caddyman23; 10-22-2010 at 09:30 AM.

Old 01-29-2011, 01:03 PM   #7
(male)

ptowncp84 HB User

Hey Caddy

Hows everything going.
Just curious how many times a day or times a week are you pumping up your implant. My doctor told me to pump twice a day, but i think this is to much. How many time did your doctor want you too.

chris

Closed Thread