It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Dysfunction Treatment Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
(male)

otter17 HB User
Thanks Caddyman

While searching online I stumbled onto onto caddyman's old posts, and though I doubt he reads this forum anymore, his story has really helped my outlook on life. I am 29 years old and have suffered with worsening erectile dysfunction due to venous leak for 10 years now. While I have had a few successful relationships over the years, so much of my time has been spent in hopelessness, depression, and loneliness due to my condition. Reading caddyman's journey really helped my attitude and given me a sense of control over my sexual destiny.

So thanks buddy, wherever you are.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #2
(male)

howerd HB User
Re: Thanks Caddyman

Agreed! Caddyman was heroic in the way he dealt with his problem - with courage and clear-headedness. I hope he's enjoying the heck out of his life now, and never gives the issue a second thought.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
(male)

Neisseria HB User

i´m in the same situation, there are lots of us, but most of them hides. This is a tabu issue, but we have a real good solution such as an Implant, we don´t have to give up, we will have a happy end

Old 05-30-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
(male)

caddyman23 HB Usercaddyman23 HB User

Good Morning All,

It's been'a good while and I thought I'd check in, provide a brief update on my life now "years" after implant surgery. Before I do however, sincere thanks to those that posted such kind words in this thread and elsewhere on the board (and regarding my earlier writings) - most kind and very much appreciated. The information and advice I received from this board (in addition to simply serving as a place to vent emotion) was incredibly helpful as I wrestled with deciding a course of action to take. Hopefully my postings provide or provided a similarly positive and informative experience for others.

So, here in brief, is the latest regarding yours truly and life nearly four years after insertion of an LGX penile implant: "nothing." Seriously, I have nothing to report. During these years, I have experienced no pain or other discomfort worth mentioning, had no failure events (the device has worked, as advertised, each and every time that I've pumped it up) and really it's become akin (as I like to think of it anyway) to dental work (say, like a crown or filling on your teeth) - you're certainly aware at all times that it's there, but the utter absence of discomfort/pain, coupled with the (thus far) complete reliability of function means that you simply adapt and move on.

Now that said, I don't have as yet, a Disney movie worthy ending to provide. I haven't had sex 10,000 times, or gotten married and had four children. Moreover, the device - especially for someone still relatively young and single - results in some awkwardness and a certain absence of spontaneity during casual sexual encounters. I've had experiences in dating and sex that were very good, and those that were "less good" and depending on the person I was with and, more importantly, the context of the encounter. But that said, the good encounters have "far" outweighed the bad and, if one were already married or in an otherwise committed relationship, I would say with certainly that the awkwardness and spontaneity issues I mention would simply not exist. Indeed, for those already partnered - in a situation where you and your body were already known quantities - I would think having the implant would make one happy as all giddyup. The device (as stated) allows sex on command, and for as long as you (and your partner) like.

So...to wrap up, four years and all's well. Knock on wood, the device will give me another 10 or more without incident. If anybody has any specific questions about life with an inflatable three-piece implant (as I said, mine is an AMS LGX), I'm happy to answer and until I drift back into the cyber mist.

A disclaimer however...while I can speak to my own experiences, they are simply that - my experiences only. Every person - every human body - is different, and so where mine (again, knock on wood) has been uneventful, others haven't been so lucky, and accordingly you must read mine as unique. Do your own research, talk to "several" doctors, try anything and everything before agreeing to any surgery and of course, if at all possible, speak to those that have undergone the procedure in the past and learn from their experiences. Agreeing to implant surgery should be, as it what was for me, the end result of many months to years of research, and never, ever a spontaneous decision.

Best to all.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
(male)

otter17 HB User

Hi caddyman,

Great to hear from you, and especially that the procedure remains complication free. I assume you are still happy with your decision to have the implant!

A few questions:
1) I think you stated in an earlier post that your implant was secondary to an injury in an accident. Do you still do this or have you taken a different approach?

2) I understand that a casual hook-up might be a little awkward if you're grabbing at your nuts come action-time, but have you found longer-term partners accepting of the situation?

3) Any limitations on activities with the implant compared to pre-implant, self-imposed or otherwise?

4) Most importantly, do you still feel that the implant improved your quality of life?

Thanks again for sharing your experiences. Your words really have helped me out.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #6
(male)

caddyman23 HB Usercaddyman23 HB User

Hey Otter

Thanks for the message. I've transcribed your questions below and with answers following...

1) I think you stated in an earlier post that your implant was secondary to an injury in an accident. Do you still do this or have you taken a different approach?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean in asking this question. However, if you were referring to my particular brand of impotence (so to speak), mine is congenital - meaning I was born as such or else developed as I matured. So far as I know, I've never been functional (a fact more or less confirmed by the myriad tests I underwent years back, including nocturnal monitoring, saline injections to measure pressure within my man-part, aaaaall of the usual shots and pills, etc., etc). That said, with the implantation of my LGX, the cause of my impotence is course, academic as I (as will anybody undergoing the procedure) have lost nearly all natural function save for the occasssional rush of blood on immediately getting excited and which disapates within seconds.

2) I understand that a casual hook-up might be a little awkward if you're grabbing at your nuts come action-time, but have you found longer-term partners accepting of the situation?

In those longer-term relationships I've been in (and with the caveat that I haven't been in many or any of great duration - my surgery after-all was only four years and'a month ago), my partners have been tooootally understanding. Once implanted, and barring the limited logistical awkwardness I've already discussed, you're gonna look and function at 80 - 90 percent of normal down there...there's no visual or other reason why a sane and loving significant-other should have an issue with your implant. Moreover, and at the risk of sounding sappy, there's obviously more to'a man than just his "part." In combo with your mind, the rest of your body, heart, job, etc., etc...you should do fine, and "if" your partner is actually into "all" of you, and not simply your nether-region.

3) Any limitations on activities with the implant compared to pre-implant, self-imposed or otherwise?

A doctor may provide a different take on this answer (and so I, not being a medical professional, offer my answer here as personal opinion only)...but yes, I would argue that there are indeed certain limitations on physical activities post-implant. With the statement/frame of reference that I "used" to be a very physically active guy (weights six days/weekly, cardio almost daily, hiking/camping, etc.), post-implant I chose to give up running, any leg dedicated training that I felt would strain my nether-regions (e.g. squats, leg presses, weighted lunges), as well as activities outside the gym that I felt would involve joslting or tossing me around (i.e. roller coasters and bike riding). Now that may sound like'a lot but, keep in mind that post-op and until just recently, I still trained upper-body without limits, used'a stair-climber machine or ran stairs outside, hiked, camped, etc., etc. and without any pain or other sensation beyond "awareness that the implant is there." Moreover, mine are self-imposed restrictions that I felt were prudent. I'm not sure if there are any "official" restrictions that come with the implant, short of perhaps taking blows to your stomach or knees to your groin.

Btw, as an aside, I wrote "until just recently" up there as, in early March I was in'a terrible car accident (an uninsured, unemployed turd rear-ended me "hard" while I was stopped at'a light). The impact herniated two cervical (neck) discs, one of which began to push on'a nerve and my spine. I had to undergo surgery to remove the damaged disc and fuse the two vertebrae into one (an operation I'm still recovering from both physically and psychologically). The aftermath of "that" tragedy will mean the end of the physical life I heretofore enjoyed and took for granted even with'a penile implant inside of me. Funny how life turns out, no? Well, not so funny really. :/

4) Most importantly, do you still feel that the implant improved your quality of life?

Removing my recent car accident/back surgery woes from the equation and yes, I'd say that the implant has absolutely, unswervingly improved my quality of life. My surgeon did a masterful job, installing the implant without infection or malfunction and with no pain post-op (and I mean "none!" After two weeks of resting on the couch, I was back at work...and back in the gym by week four). The device has worked as advertised, every time for four straight years and counting. While it's far from perfect - I've wrttten several times before about the lack of spontaneity, as well as some of the logistical challenges that are inherent to having and operating a penile implant - on the whole, and where there are no other options to restore function, the implant - installed by a skilled and experienced surgeon in a clean and modern medical facility - is absolutely a life building or restoring device.

Last edited by caddyman23; 07-05-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
(male)

otter17 HB User

Wow sorry to hear about getting rear-ended like that! I hope you heal well and can resume your active life.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my questions. My first question was worded poorly. What I meant was, how do you explain the implant to prospective partners? Do you say it is the result of a congenital condition? Do you explain it at all?

Closed Thread