It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Dysfunction Treatment Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
(female)

willers HB User
Electrical stimulation?

Not sure this is the best place to post this, as it seems to be a male-orientated board but worth a try.

I am a young(ish) female who has been experiencing some sexual dysfunction, causing pain when having sex. Nothing is wrong (endometriosis is suspected but not proven) so to solve the pain problem, my doctor recommended a form of physiotherapy. Apparently it involves probes running electrical currents to stimulate the nerves to reset them...?

Writing it now, i realise i have no information on it really, I am just wondering if anyone has any idea what my doctor meant and what it actually involves?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Electrical stimulation?

It sounds like some form of microcurrent nerve stimulation (like TENS/MENS). It has some similarities with acupuncture/acupressure. (You might think of it as battery powered acupuncture.)

I don't know about any effectiveness for sexual disorder, though I have seen people say it helps with various other peripheral nerve problems. One very interesting and significant ancillary benefit of microcurrent therapy is that it tends to zap pathogens that get tickled by the microcurrent (like unnoticed mild fungal or bacterial infections). And side effects seem to be quite rare, so I would be inclined to try it myself.

You also might give Kegel exercises a try to improve genital nerve function. Regularly stretching the muscles of the lower half of your body might help too (like yoga or something).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #3
(male)

SingaporeMe HB User
Re: Electrical stimulation?

The doctor performed acupuncture on my shoulder. He hooked up a penlight battery. The current immobilized me so I would remain still, and he could continue the work. There was no pain at all from the electricity.

Do not be afraid.

Closed Thread