It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2003, 07:03 PM   #1

poita81 HB User
Question Sex and that time of the month

I was just wondering, I suppose its very taboo to have sex during that time, and very messy. Is it something that was left back in the dark ages, or do people still do it and is it that bigger deal. Its just that my girlfriend and I get so horny and there is nothing we can do (well i can relieve my pressure but she canTt). What about in the shower etc. what do you guys think?

Old 11-04-2003, 08:07 PM   #2

cass999 HB User
whatever you're ok with.i dont have sex then because of the mess and my b-friend isnt too in to it when he sees blood. if you both cant help it and aren't turned off, go for it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2003, 09:15 PM   #3

VeganLady HB User
Hey. In my opinion, there is, in no way, anything wrong with it. I suppose it is still somewhat "taboo", but I seem to know a lot of people that are perfectly okay with it.

If you're concerned about the mess then only have sex on her light days, and maybe put some towels on the bed. From my experience, it isn't very 'messy' at all.

The shower is also a good idea, and maybe better if you're nervous about it the first time.

If you're both okay with it, than it is PERFECTLY fine. It's not nasty, disgusting or wrong.

Good luck.

Old 11-04-2003, 09:48 PM   #4
Veteran

strand3d HB User
Your girlfriend can always try and use Insteads. They're a tiny cup you insert into your vagina to 'catch' the menstrual blood, it's basically an alternative to tampons, but insteads can safely be worn during your period, thus making sex not messy. They're a little tricky to insert, but she'll get the hang of it. you can buy them at walmart and im sure other stores.

Old 11-05-2003, 03:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User
Having sex in the shower is actually not such a hot idea. It's great for washing things off and stuff like that but the water can actually make lubrication quite a problem and can cause yeast infections.

Towels and a shower after is probably a better idea. You may also find that she's a bit tender and sore because of the cramping and so there it might be a good idea to be a little gentler than usual.

Wearing a condom can help a bit with the mess and may ease your mind if you have any squeamishness about the whole blood issue.

Some couples actually find that the extra flow adds extra lubrication (since it's not just blood, there's some mucus and extra stuff in there) but that's a personal thing.

Again, in my experience, it hasn't really been messy or a problem hardly at all. Only thing is the tender and sore thing I mentioned above.

Old 11-05-2003, 08:15 PM   #6
Inactive

Karla HB User
I used to have sex all the time during my period before my hysterectomy. All I would recomend is a wash cloth for afterwards. Its not like blood comes oozing out all over the place it stays in there. I agree with the prior poster that she may be more tender and crampy during that time so go easy on her and not a lot of deep heavy penetration unless she asks for it.

Old 11-06-2003, 01:08 AM   #7
(male)

Amontillado HB User
My girlfriend and I have never had any problem with sex during her period. Why should we? Her period's natural, so's sex. Both good! Well, actually, she says periods aren't much fun, but she also says not having sex during them would make them worse.

Old 11-06-2003, 08:55 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User
I always have sex with my period. My boyfriend prefers to do it only on the light days as it's a little bit less messy (I have pretty heavy periods). I find that it helps cramps since orgasms make the uterus contract, and I always am more sensitive sexually. We place towels beneath us, and afterward, take a nice, steamy shower to wash the great sex off It's definitely not disgusting unless one or both partners just aren't comfortable with it.

Old 11-10-2003, 08:39 AM   #9

hairjewels HB User
Thumbs up

We do it in the shower at that time.

Old 11-14-2003, 05:38 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

LiLnuTTy HB User
I also have sex on my period all the time, my bf isnt obthered by it at all, we just use a condom during that time ( I'm on BC, so normally we dont ) We use towels underneath us or maybe in the shower, and its GREAT for cramps.....so go for it, nothing wrong with it.

Old 12-03-2003, 12:34 AM   #11
(female)

Lilac Wine HB User
Re: Sex and that time of the month

If you and your gf do anal you can do that. I just wear a tampon and rub my **** and all is well.

Old 12-31-2003, 06:10 AM   #12

Fuzzy Logic HB User

When me and my wife were dating we would have sex while she had her period. I was younger and had URGES! The sight of blood could'nt stop me. Now I just settle for some oral or Hand.

Old 12-31-2003, 07:30 PM   #13
Senior Veteran

Chrissi HB User

i dont mind having sex on my period and neither does my bf...in fact none of my ex's minded it either... and i agree with whoever it was that said it gives extra lube

Old 01-04-2004, 12:37 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

I agree with it being great for cramps...better than midol! Personally have never had a problem with it being messy either. I love how many people have replied treating it how it should be--natural and not at all 'wrong'.

Closed Thread