It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-19-2003, 01:13 AM   #1

cntrltxguy HB User
How long should it last

Just curious to see how long sex should actually last. Or just on average the amount of time it should take. Thanks

Old 11-19-2003, 02:05 AM   #2

SweetTemptation HB User
I believe every couple is different. Some girls like when a guy can go for a long time, hours or whatever? Other girls prefer it to be shorter. I know I had one ex boyfriend who used to go for like an hour and a half every time. I hated it. I used to pray for him to finish sooner. He took pride in the fact that he could go for so long, but by the end of it, I was really hurting. My current bf does it like this, once he has made me orgasm once or twice at least;he knows that its ok for him to finish as well. Although there have been times when he came before me. It happens. I am usually ready to finish after I orgasm, if I go for too long after orgasm, it will start to hurt. But, keep in mind, not all girls orgasm for sex. So, I guess there is no right or wrong amount of time to have sex. It just depends on the couple involved :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2003, 10:19 PM   #3

cntrltxguy HB User
Wink Re: How long should it last

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTemptation
I believe every couple is different. Some girls like when a guy can go for a long time, hours or whatever? Other girls prefer it to be shorter. I know I had one ex boyfriend who used to go for like an hour and a half every time. I hated it. I used to pray for him to finish sooner. He took pride in the fact that he could go for so long, but by the end of it, I was really hurting. My current bf does it like this, once he has made me orgasm once or twice at least;he knows that its ok for him to finish as well. Although there have been times when he came before me. It happens. I am usually ready to finish after I orgasm, if I go for too long after orgasm, it will start to hurt. But, keep in mind, not all girls orgasm for sex. So, I guess there is no right or wrong amount of time to have sex. It just depends on the couple involved :-)
Thanks for your input just sort of worried about not lasting long enough. around 30 to 45 mins is usually how long it lasts for us. unless it's a quickie

Old 11-20-2003, 02:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User
Re: How long should it last

Hmmm just depends on the couple!

For me and my fiance...usually 15 minutes. He decided to be the 'mile man' (about 45 minutes) a few weeks ago and all I could think about is 'ok you can finish now...' LOL that's just too long for me.....

Last edited by Dakota; 11-20-2003 at 02:02 PM.

Old 11-21-2003, 12:11 AM   #5

dollluvsjohn HB User

My boyfriend can go for atleast an hour maybe more!! most nights thisis wonderful but there are times when I wish he would just get it over with!! SO it really depends on the mood of both of you!! some nights the girl may want to go longer and other times she may want to go only five minutes. 30-45 minutes seems adequate but what you should really be asking yourself is not how long it is but if you satisified yor partner!!! that is what is really important!! Hope this helps!!

Old 11-21-2003, 11:03 AM   #6

cntrltxguy HB User
Talking Re: How long should it last

thanks for your advice everyone. I have been concentrating on just pleasing my g/f and this has really helped. So thanks and I will always keep you all's advice in mind

Old 11-21-2003, 04:26 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

I'd say it depends on what stage of your relationship you are up to, how comfortable you are with each other, how well you communicate, how much of an imagination you have, how uninhibited you are, how much time, the location etc, etc.

My husband can hold back on his own pleasure till i'm well and truly satisfied. I'm not certain how long he's held back exactly, but we've had hour or more sessions a lot of times. There will be times when i want him then and there, but not extended, just quick and fast, no need to remove all clothing. Then other times lasting about an hour, which gives enough time for giving each other attention during foreplay and incorporating a few of each others favourite positions. Not as often, but wonderful when the time is available are the marathon 3 or so hour events, incorporating a shower, dressing up, utilising most of the rooms, possibly role playing. The very lengthy sessions, depending on what exactly you want to do, you may need to prepare for in adavance eg: starting off with an at home romantic dinner, buying scented candles for the bathroom/bedroom/entire house, basically making it a real occasion and something special.

Old 11-28-2003, 05:06 AM   #8
(female)

raspberry HB User

depends what you're in the mood for. sometimes you want to 'make love' and other times you simply want a bit of nookie. if you're not lasting long enough to satisfy the other partner, in time they'll let you know and you'll be able to work it out together. otherwise just go with the flow and enjoy!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 11-28-2003 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Please note edit to you post and follow board guidelines regarding vulgar language. Asterisks do not make the word acceptable.

Old 12-27-2003, 12:04 PM   #9

duncanmac HB User

It should take as long as necessary until you are both satisfied, whether it be 5 minutes or an hour. Each couple is different.

My last g/f & I would go for 45 minutes to an hour, then we'd have 1 or 2 quickes afterwards. Current g/f prefers quickies. Depends on the couple.

Closed Thread