It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2003, 11:00 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Exclamation Ogley Eyed Men!!

Hi this question is from a friend and she is wanting input off men or women who it happens to. Ive tried explaining why men look at other women but what really nags her is he constantly does this! When shes out in the car with him etc he stares at anything half presentable until they pass by! It dont matter that shes with him he Still does it!! Shes really upset over this and has confronted him and he tells her shes imaging things! Thing is l went out with them 1 day and seen it for myself! So she aint imagining it lve tried telling her men are visual creatues etc but she cannot understand why he has to ogle them all the way past so much that the 'women' know hes staring and the women give him the eyes back! ! I think its a bit ignorant of him and esp. the other woman! cmon sisterhood! Can l have some input so l can email her this page please ps she has been with 14 years. Thank you

Old 12-02-2003, 07:05 PM   #2

Willzviewz HB User
Re: Ogley Eyed Men!!

Cool your jets, the guy is reading the menu. If he isn't ordering, don't worry about it.

You read the menu don't you? You go to the movies and "make eyes" at guys like Colin Farrell, Will Smith or Harrison Ford don't you?

If the guy is just looking, so what?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2003, 09:40 PM   #3
(female)

hhsix HB User

This guy is more than "reading the menu" he's being downright rude. There's no excuse for actually turning his head to look at other women until he's all the way past them in front of the woman he's supposed to love.

I think it's disgusting.

I know people will look, but there is a thing called tact & he needs to develop some.

Old 12-03-2003, 08:09 AM   #4

Willzviewz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhsix
This guy is more than "reading the menu" he's being downright rude. There's no excuse for actually turning his head to look at other women until he's all the way past them in front of the woman he's supposed to love.

I think it's disgusting.

I know people will look, but there is a thing called tact & he needs to develop some.
What did Ann Landers used to say when she goofed? I was out to lunch, or something like that.

Yes, I agree fully. If the guy is making an effort to swivel his head so as to "make eyes" at some dolly, then that is rude and uncaring. If they are walking by in front of the car, he can look. If leans forward, puts his head out the window, bumps his chin against the steering wheel, etc., to look or get a better view, I would say get rid of this idiot.

I wish I could remember what Ann Landers used to say because I would say it. Thanks.

Old 12-03-2003, 10:57 AM   #5

swallowgoldfish HB User

I agree. My boyfriend doesn't look too much, but he talks about it instead. I know that he will find others attractive, as will I, but I think you need to keep it to yourself. It's one thing to say, so and so looked really good at the Oscars or at the prom, but it's another thing to say an actual person you know or a person on the street is really hot and go on about it. I guess it depends on the couple, but you need to let the other person know if it is bothering you. My boyfriend seems to have trouble understanding that it bothers me sometimes.

Your friend could try checking out hot guys sometime and see how he reacts to that...

Old 12-04-2003, 03:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Yea l agree some what with her it is ignorant as you girls know (lol) there aint that many fellas walking the streets to look at LOL hahaha joking i think it is ignorant l seen him do it and l thought you P ig! It really upsets her because it is damm in your face and as for the cheeky mares who join in his leering!>>>>>>>>>> he also calls her names and drags her down so this and that added up shes got a good right to feel upset! anymore want to join in? l am sending her this page when we have enough input. why do you men do this? I agree theres looking and leering and you leerers lol will turn into dirty old men hahahaha

Old 12-04-2003, 03:54 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Totally agree girls it is rude only thing is lol theres not hot guys around for her to ogle back! LOL l couldnt believe it till l seen it for myself hes a p ig! There is no need for him to go so far when shes with him yea everyone looks but he leers denys it though!! Anymore input from male or female before l send her the page? Thanx

Old 12-04-2003, 08:45 AM   #8
Inactive

yomama HB User

I used to have a boyfriend who would do this exact same thing. He seemed to make darn sure to be so obvious about it, and it was like he was intentionally trying to upset me. He would not only crane his neck looking at other women but also make comments to me about how hot they were. Do you know how degrading and humiliating that was for me?! A lot! It really affected my self-esteem, and I started wondering what was wrong with me that he had to look at other women like that. I'd wonder why was he even going with me if he could find others out there more suitable to his taste? That's just it, he probably couldn't. I think he had low self-esteem himself and an ego problem. It seemed like the only way he could make himself feel better about himself was to put others down and make them feel not worthy of his time, and I seemed to be the main target. Looking back on it now, I have no idea why I put up with it as long as I did! Anyway, he ended up finally cheating on me, we broke up, and that was over 20 years ago. It's not worth it to put up with a guy like that. If dating that guy is a preview of coming attractions i.e. marriage, then I would rather skip that movie! I put up with that idiot a lot longer than I should have and would NEVER do it again! I've been married for over 23 years now to another guy and am sooooo glad that I didn't stay with that jerk that I had been dating. Had we got married, I'm sure we'd have been divorced a long time ago already! The best advice that I can give your friend is this: RUN!

Closed Thread