It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2003, 11:45 AM   #1

navywifemaine HB User
hymen location

How far into the vagina is the hymen and is there a way to find out if you have one or an intact one by yourself or do you have to wait until you have sex?

navy=First year navy..

wife=everyone calls me that cuz Im "married" to my job

maine=where I was born

Old 12-02-2003, 04:21 PM   #2
(female)

intheforest HB User
Re: hymen location

Quote:
Originally Posted by navywifemaine
How far into the vagina is the hymen and is there a way to find out if you have one or an intact one by yourself or do you have to wait until you have sex?
The hymen is a thin membrane that covers the vaginal opening, so it isn't inside the vagina at all. I guess it would be hard to see it, or to know what shape yours is in. The hymen usually is torn or broken in childhood by normal activities, and this is why menstral blood is able to come out--if it was completely intact by the time puberty hits, you wouldn't be able to get your period! Also, when girls experience pain during sex for the first time, it is because the hymen is being torn/stretched. I bled alot the first time I had sex, but after that it wasn't bad. Hope that helped

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2003, 09:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: hymen location

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheforest
The hymen is a thin membrane that covers the vaginal opening, so it isn't inside the vagina at all. I guess it would be hard to see it, or to know what shape yours is in. The hymen usually is torn or broken in childhood by normal activities, and this is why menstral blood is able to come out--if it was completely intact by the time puberty hits, you wouldn't be able to get your period!

I'm sorry but I'm going to have to disagree on a few things here. They hymen can be seen visually, if you know what you are looking for. An intact hymen does NOT completely cover the vagina and women with intact hymens have no problems menstruating. There is almost always an opening into the vagina, right from birth, just a very small one, it is extremely rare when there isn't. And the hymen is NOT "usually torn or broken in childhood by normal activities". Most 'normal' childhood activities do not involve contact with the hymen. They hymen is usually stretched or torn through direct contact with something, be it fingers, tampons, sex toys, gyno exam speculums, and ummm, penises... it is not common for regular exercise or physical activity to have any effect on it. It would have to be pretty strenuous activity for that to happen...

Closed Thread