HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Sexual Health - General (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexual-health-general/)
-   -   High Sex Drive (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/sexual-health-general/131599-high-sex-drive.html)

MelissaShaw 12-03-2003 04:20 PM

High Sex Drive

Hello, First time posting on this board. I'm 24 years old, married to Mark aged 32, we got married this past July 23rd and have a 22 month old baby boy called Benjamin. When my husband and I first got together, I had already slept with someone else but my husband being disabled hadn't slept with another girl, anyway we had sex and Mark lost his virginity. Ever since then we used to have sex loads, one time was six times a night. When I was pregnant we made love loads until my bump got in the way. Just lately sex is every night, when we're alone we are at it, twice a night sometimes and in the day as well, even through my period we do it, anyone else think this is abnormal for us, we think it is but we can't help ourselves, is this married life or are we strange??? Thank You. :bouncing:

dah 12-03-2003 04:23 PM

Re: High Sex Drive

i think it is awesome. but be careful about being on your period and "doing it" it can cause an infection easier than any other time...but enjoy it while ya can girl!

junkbondtrader 12-03-2003 04:23 PM

as long as it's not interfering with the rest of your life or causing any problems, i think it's fine. actually, i think it's more than fine, it's colossal- go you guys! :)

Blastoff9600 12-03-2003 06:39 PM

Dah,where is the world have you heard it is easier to get and infection from having sex during one's period??? I would love to know because I am 29 yrs old and have never heard that and trust me I have read alot when it comes to this area. Even talked to my doctors over the years and none have mentioned this to me. Dh even asked if it was ok to have sex during one's period,he goes with me to most my doctor appointments. The doctor at that time told him that it was fine and wouldnt cause any problems.

There is nothing wrong with having high sex drives. Just because one is married doesnt mean the sex life goes out the window..far from it.

meg-doll 12-03-2003 06:56 PM

i, too, have never heard of getting an infection while having sex during a period. never stopped us. i agree with blastoff - if you have a great sex life and you both are happy, melissa, then keep on!!!

1965_Bruce 12-03-2003 10:27 PM

its great that u have the energy with taking care of the little one and all.... 6 times a night!!!!! wow.....make sure you actually get some **sleep** in there!! :)

Blastoff9600 12-04-2003 01:19 PM

Well considering I have talked with the various doctors I have seen over the years(as has dh) and to date none of them have mentioned anything about it easier to get an infection while having sex during one's period. If that were true then sex during pregnancy would also have an increased risk of infection since there is more blood flow in that general area along with many other things going on during pregnancy. But there isnt an increased risk of infection from having sex while pregnant.
I highly doubt there is that much of a risk. If there were any significant risk doctors would tell women about it. Especailly the women prone to infections,to help them avoid problems.

dah 12-04-2003 03:02 PM

ok i am wrong

Ladee 12-04-2003 04:22 PM

Melissa, I think that's wonderful too--get all you can. I feel better myself knowing I'm not the only one. My hubs and I have been married 22 years and we go at it every night and morning too. Sometimes during the day since he's retired and no sign of stopping.

yomama 12-04-2003 04:26 PM

Hey, I think that's great that you two do it that often, way to go! Heck, I wish my husband would want to do it that often...you're lucky! If you are both okay with it, I don't see anything wrong if you want to do it half a dozen times every single day, although you might get worn out after awhile. :D

howdoiknow 12-06-2003 01:22 PM

Wow, six times a night??? That's not wierd, that is tooooo cool! I wish I could go that much at one session, I'm jealous,lol. Consider yourself lucky. as long as you two are happy and satisfied, there is nothing abnormal or strange about that.

Magnetic 12-06-2003 01:37 PM

[QUOTE=dah]ok i am wrong[/QUOTE]

No you aren't.

With all the blood, the male is highly susceptable to picking up an STD during this time. The woman less so, but the blood reduces the natural ability of the vagina to fight off infectious invaders. Is she has HIV, in particular, the odds of transmission to the male during this time is pretty great.

In marriages where STDs are not a concern, sex during the wife's period is fine.

But, in general, infections can certainly be passed easier during one's period.

As for having frequent sex, as long as you both enjoy it, why not?