It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2003, 12:25 AM   #16
(male)

apple HB User
Re: What makes a man look sexy?

Let me put it this way: If a guy was to upgrade his wardrobe, what looks would you recommend that he concentrate on wearing? Is style and fashion on a man even that important to women? Thanks, apple

Old 12-21-2003, 02:25 PM   #17
(female)

Ravishing HB User

When I first met my husband I didn't give him a second look. My husband is a geek - a slave to plaid shirts and a hairstyle that needs some updating!! I'm a total diva and love fashion so immediately I thought this shy geek wasn't the one for me - especially when there were other much better looking guys in the group that day. But, I quickly came to see that the other guys we were with greatly lacked in personality. Even tho my hubby was much more quiet, he had a lot going on inside (and yes he has a lot of potential on the outside as well).
It was more his substance than style that attracted me to him. He's a total gentleman and treats me like a princess. Chivalry is definitely not dead. I think the sexiest thing about him is the way he makes me feel when we are together and the openess that we share. I love how his big brown eyes can pierce me with one look and make me melt inside. He is very intelligent and watching him think while he is working drives me wild. I don't know that he's sexy because of one thing that he wears or the way he looks - he is sexy to me because of who he is.
As for style, that is something that has come along with time. As he grew to trust me in our relationship he has asked me for help shopping and figuring out what to wear. He has let me experiment with his hair a little as well. Style for him has become a matter of what he is comfortable in. I suggest finding colors that work for you and a particular style that you feel and look good wearing. If you are unsure of what those things are you can always take a female friend shopping or ask the sales person in the store. I took many of my guy friends shopping in university. They would save up some money and we would spend a weekend trying things on and figuring out what worked for them. Style is a subjective thing, you just need to find what works for you.

Last edited by Ravishing; 12-21-2003 at 02:43 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2003, 07:55 PM   #18

WarBonds HB User

Ravishing,

that was so well said, your husband must be a lucky man to have you. I am not brown-nosing, but your post was thoughtful, mature, fair and compassionate! Nice touch!

Gee, do you have a sister? ...only kidding (?)

At least us middle-aged, non-Brad Pitt types have a chance after all.

It is nice to meet women who are not shallow, who have a good head on their shoulders...

Season's greetings to all!

WarBonds

thought: Bravery isn't always the absence of fear, it is sometimes having the courage to do something while scared s**tless!

Old 12-21-2003, 09:32 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

When it comes to guys and fashion I have never really paid that much attention to clothes thought I didn ahve some styules I hated. It is the eyes,smile,and personality that get me.
Lets put it this way when I met my Dh he was in his BDUs(military uniform),now for those that knew me then I swore I would never date military guys because I thought it was so nasty to have to dress the same for their work. But I met Dh in a parking lot while he was on his dinner break. He was geeky looking because he was so skinny and in that uniform. But his eyes caught me. I didnt relaize how hooked I was on him until the next day when I saw him again. Beside military clothes I hate grunge clothes and low and behold he was dressed in a t-shirt with a flannel shirt over that,jean shorts and dock martin boots. But even though i noticed he preferred a style I hated I still wanted to get to know him. Six months later we were married...lol
I also have to say I have never gone for the big,burly,muscle guys. Dh there for a while was working out to get bigger but I told him that I couldnt deal with it if he got as big as he wanted to. We settled on him getting toned but nothing more than that.

Your best bet when it comes to clothes is wear what you are comfortable in because then you will be more relaxed and easier to approach. If you arent comfortable in your clothes or worried over them getting messed up then it will show and it doesnt make for a great overall picture.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 12-22-2003, 04:07 PM   #20
(female)

zabou69 HB User

[COLOR=Purple]Personality and cleanliness are a big one for me along with looking after your bod!!

Old 12-28-2003, 02:01 PM   #21

1Ageless HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple
Let me put it this way: If a guy was to upgrade his wardrobe, what looks would you recommend that he concentrate on wearing? Is style and fashion on a man even that important to women? Thanks, apple
I don't believe it is what a man wears that makes him sexy or appealing, it is what is in his heart, his absolute honesty, his openness, trust, and other positive attributes that come from within. Clothing does not make a man sexy, but it can make a man need an easy makeover if the positive attributes are in place.

Closed Thread