It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2003, 06:33 PM   #1

mark2k HB User
Question Kissing VrS 4Play. Is there more risks?

Ok, I have posted a simular thread in the "Sexually Transmitted Diseases Board" but I did not get much of a response. So I'm going to try it here, and see what happens.

I am male, age 20.

My question is: Is there more health risks when engaging in 4Play with your partner. (using your mouth on a woman's vagina for instance) from if you were to just engage in kissing type things between each others mouths. Or are you liable to get the same types of things?

Also, what sort of things can you get?

Anyone with any information/thoughts please let me know, thanks

Old 12-22-2003, 06:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Re: Kissing VrS 4Play. Is there more risks?

The whole STD stuff can get very confusing. Sure there are things that we can give each other through mouth to mouth contact, the most obvious there being the Herpes virus. When we move to mouth and genital contact our risk increases. Oral sex can lead to other transmissions, the most likely being HIV. Any broken skin or exchange of bodily fluids can lead to that virus being transferred to a partner. Although it is more likely for someone giving oral sex to a male, the chance exists for mouth to vagina as well. I'm not so sure about other STD's and their transmission through oral/genital contact but I suspect that if you do a web search or visit the planned parenthood site....you could come up with more information that would help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2003, 04:01 PM   #3

mark2k HB User

Hmm, thanks. I was primarly looking to see if there was more or less risk between the two "actions". And not so much of what you actually can get from them, although it is still good to know. So yes, thanks for answering my primary question.

Old 12-22-2003, 04:34 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User

Well statistically since there's a possibility of you getting things like colds from kissing, kissing could technically be riskier

Which is why 'more risks' is not necessarily the question to be asking

Old 12-22-2003, 04:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
I'm just going to say that it all depends on what particular deseases you're talking about. Some deseases will be spread by doing either (e.g. chlamydia, syphilis) others need direct blood contact (HIV) so kissing is not likely to spread it. I would guess though that since there are more deseases to be caught from genital contact than those you can catch only by kissing, it is probably safer with just kissing but you are still by no means "safe"...

Old 12-22-2003, 05:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

The more mucus membranes that come in contact, the greater the risk. Thus, foreplay is more risky than simply kissing.

Closed Thread