It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2003, 09:30 AM   #1

fairybug HB User
low sex-drive...physical problem???

Im a 22 yr old male w/a problem with things. Maybe its my sex drive, maybe its a physical aliment (I have a few symptoms).....I dunno. Its killin me:

In sexual situations where I KNOW I should wanna just rip my girls clothes off and get it on, things in my head want to, but sexually (and down stairs) things dont 'click'. (and believe me she is HOTT!)

Its almost like I have to make/allow myself to get in the mood to go.

Sometimes things just click and I get hard and go and go and other times its like Im not really into it/cant get that animal desire going.

Could this be all mental??

If I have something physically wrong, could it affect this - like and STD, testicular cancer, UTI, Prostate problem. Could any of those affect that?

It used to be that whenever I was in a situation with a girl (even just making out and messing around) I was HARD at the drop of a hat. Now things need a little more (mentally?) to get going.....and I dont think its my sex drive b/c if we were to do something kinky or something, things would click.

I want more than anything in the world for things to click as simple as they used too. Ya know, see her half-naked and that be enough to click things.

WHY does it take more to get things going?!?!? What can I do? Im sure there are herbs or medicine to bost sex-drive and testostorone(sp?) levels.....

peace

PS:I do believe I have ADD, OCD and maybe anxiety, along with self-induced stress. Maybe those play a factor?

Last edited by fairybug; 12-25-2003 at 09:33 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2003, 07:24 PM   #2

dunc2k HB User
Re: low sex-drive...physical problem???

I've always been hard at the drop of a hat. From my experience, I'd say it's mental. No, not ADD, but OCD or anxiety. I was once on a medication that changed the raging hard-on at the drop of a hat to... well, hard, but not enough that I felt confident and certainly not "animal desire". Even after the med was gone, I still had problems. I focused on the times when I wasn't "raging" and it distracted me- it was totally mental. I talked to my g/f at the time and told her exactly what was happening. Letting her know that things weren't always "normal" took the stress off of me.

If you aren't comfortable talking to her about it, then try distracting yourself. I love oral, but have a problem receiving it... I'm not as hard as I want to be. If we switch to 69, I'm rock hard because I'm distracted by what I'm doing to her. If you have to, in a situation where you know you are going to have a problem, focus on her... orally is always a good way! Just make her the focus and the focus will move away from what's going on downstairs with you to her. So, if she's the focus, it doesn't matter so much if you are not as hard as you want to be. Then, it's not such a big deal... it may take some time. Be patient! Feel free to yahoo me at [deleted]

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-26-2003 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Info for off-board contact is not allowed on the healthboards.

Old 12-27-2003, 05:02 AM   #3

Eclipse1 HB User
Talking Re: low sex-drive...physical problem???

I have OCD, anxiety disorder and I am on meds and it in no way has hurt my sex drive. Now you might be the type of person that just loves kinky stuff and that is the only thing that gets you going, me the wind blows and I'm ready to play ball. You speak of herbal sups, go to GNC and ask for Horney Goat Weed, this stuff has made guys that had no sex drive turn into high school boys again. Just try it before you do anything else. I don't think you will be upset from the outcome, I know your woman won't. Hope this helps you.

Old 12-27-2003, 09:33 AM   #4

duncanmac HB User
Re: low sex-drive...physical problem???

I wouldn't bother with the herbs. It sounds more like your problem is mental. The herbs, if they even work, are going to affect you physically and your problem doesn't sound physical. I went through a phase where I was taking all kinds of herbs for various things. Not one helped, but every one emptied my wallet! Also, although there has been some effort to standardize the so-called active ingredients in various herbs, it's difficult to know which ones actually contain what they say. Some were shown to have nothing! Now, let's say you buy reputable brand and it really does contain what the label says. Consider that the herbs you buy in a bottle are normally extracts. Science extracts what they think is the key factor and that's what you get in the pill. It's the difference between tasting the entire vanilla bean and tasting only the extract or garlic powder as opposed to fresh garlic. The real herb may help, but what you get in a bottle is not the same thing.

At 22, assuming you are healthy, it probably isn't hormonal. (Another reason not to bother with supplements.) Do you drink alot? Drugs? anything like that will affect you. Was there one particular time when all of the sudden things changed? Did you start to obsess over it after that? What I'm saying is, it could have been a fluke and your OCD tendancies latched on and now it's become a problem. Whereas, if you didn't have the OC tendancies, it probably would have passed.

You could try to stop putting pressure on yourself. If the desire isn't there, don't force it and make a big deal about it. Just let it go and wait until the animal urge hits. Anything you practice, you will become better at, right? So, if you keep obsessing over the not-so-hot times, you'll become better at obsessing over them and that's only going to make things worse. Let those moments go and don't dwell on them.

Closed Thread