It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2003, 10:20 AM   #1

Mohair HB User
Menopause is drving me nut

I need some help here. My wife is 50 and she is going thru menopause and it has been almost a year. In the past year, we hardly make love and my rough count is no more than 15 times in the last 12 months. She's very afraid of accidental pregnancy and would not allow me to relief my semen inside her vaginal which I enjoy the most. Our last loving making is approx 2 months ago, I have been releasing my sexual pressure by masturbation. I sometimes feel gulity of masturbation and I'd rather make love to my wife.

My wife and I used to enjoy sex a long time ago. Nowadays, my wife has lost her sex drive for many years. She has once told me she is not interested in it. When we make love, she never reaches orgasm no matter how much and how long foreplay I tried on her with different techniques. I even tried to pursue her to make love at place other than just the bed room for a change and hoping this will improve her sex drive but she refuses. There was also time that I wear ladies sexy lingerie in an attempt stimlate our sex drives but it was in vain. Another frustrating thing is that she watches TV while making love. She did not want the TV to be removed from our bed room.

Can someone please advice me what should I do s.t. we can enjoy sex again ? How long will this menopause will last ?

Strangely speaking, she just started having period a few days ago since it stoped 3 months ago.

Regards

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-25-2003 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Banned word replaced. Please use proper terminology.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2003, 12:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Re: Menopause is drving me nut

It is very unlikely, though maybe not impossible, that she will get pregnant. If it makes her feel safer, use condoms.

If you wait until you ejaculate to do anything about a lubrication problem, though, no wonder she hates sex. Get a good sex lubricant (not KY jelly-try something from a store where the specialize in adult toys and things) and use it from the beginning. Also, try to bring back some romanticism. Also, she needs to report this to her gynocologist. Some hormone replacement therapy may get things back on track. If that doesn't help, see about sex therapy (I know - it is highly unlikely she would ever try it, but it is worth a shot).

Old 12-25-2003, 04:58 PM   #3

Mohair HB User

[COLOR=Blue]Thanks Magnetic for your advice. It is not her dryness causing the problem. We do use lubricant when we know her vagina is dry and she does not mind at all. I did try to bring back the old days' romanticism and it was in vain. I thought about suggesting her to go to see a sex thereapy but was afraid to ask because my wife is a quite closed mind person. She would feel that there is nothing wrong with our sex life. She thinks that it is my strong sex drive problem. She'd then refuse to talk to anyone.

I like your suggestion about bringing this up with our family doctor in a brief form to see if he can prescribe some medication for her on my next visit.

Thanks a lot and have a happy new year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic
It is very unlikely, though maybe not impossible, that she will get pregnant. If it makes her feel safer, use condoms.

If you wait until you ejaculate to do anything about a lubrication problem, though, no wonder she hates sex. Get a good sex lubricant (not KY jelly-try something from a store where the specialize in adult toys and things) and use it from the beginning. Also, try to bring back some romanticism. Also, she needs to report this to her gynocologist. Some hormone replacement therapy may get things back on track. If that doesn't help, see about sex therapy (I know - it is highly unlikely she would ever try it, but it is worth a shot).

Old 12-26-2003, 03:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Well, having sex once a month at your ages is hardly indicative of an excessive sex drive. You may wish to accompany her to her next gynocological exam to be sure the issue is discussed with her doctor.

Closed Thread