It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2003, 08:14 PM   #1

fosters HB User
Question what could cause this...

It has been over 8 months since my wife and I had intercourse. We had our first child almost 6 months ago. It was, however, not a vaginal delivery. My wife had a circumsicion. Since shortly before the delivery date, my wife has complained of a burning sensation when parts of her genital area are touched. The most painful seems to be the vaginal opening. Without getting too detailed, we've only been able to get to a certain point in insertion before she asks me to stop because of the pain.

She is breastfeeding and I've heard that this can decrease libido and vaginal moisture - which she has experienced both. But, there have been times that she wants to be able to be intimate again. In those cases, we've used a sample of "Replens" (sp?) given to us by her obgyn. We still run into the same roadblock...pain during insertion. We've also tried the new KY warming liquid...just applying it to my wife caused a burning sensation. That makes me think that her skin is irritated and may be chaffed but, I don't always know what I'm talking about

Can anyone tell me what might cause this? We are both concerned about the situation and want to go back to our good ol' sex life. If more details are needed, I'll gladly post. Thanks!!

Old 12-31-2003, 08:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: what could cause this...

My wife had a circumsicion.

First your wife didnt have a circumsicion she had a c-section...there is a HUGE difference. A c-section it a cut along the bikini line that allows for hte delivery of a baby. A circumsicion is the removal of foreskin on a infant boy or the clitoral hood and such on a woman.

I suggest she see another doctor and explain in detail what is going on. The more detail she can give both before and after birth can be very helpful.
Also try different lubes and tryt o stay away fromthe ones that cause warming effects because with sensitive skin as you have found it can cause more problems than solve.
Breastfeeding can decrease natural lube but there are plenty of products out there that can help in that area. Also if she is on any type of birth control that can effect things as well.
Her hormones could also still be out of whack which can effect her in the vaginal area.
Seeing another doctor would be her best bet. Make sure she explains that this started before she even gave birth and that it has still continued this far along after birth.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2004, 06:52 AM   #3

fosters HB User
Smile Re: what could cause this...

yeah, I meant c-section

Shouldn't have posted anything on new years eve

thanks for the info!

Old 01-03-2004, 07:33 PM   #4

AnnieLee HB User

I hate to suggest this as a possibility, but I will (you never know). It's possible it's a mental block of some sort. If she delivered vaginally, I would say the chance of pain is really high (drink a bottle of wine first), but with a c-sec, I don't know of a physical reasoning.

The obgyn should have done an exam after the baby was born (6 wks is it? I dont' remember). At this point she should go have a full pelvic exam, describing her symptoms to the doctor prior. If she hurts when the speculum is inserted, then maybe there is something wrong. Maybe there is some kind of infection. The bleeding after pregnancy is irritating, but that should be long over.

Mentally....there could be some fear of getting pregnant again, who knows what else, but perhaps it is a possibility.

Old 01-05-2004, 04:43 PM   #5
(female)

hhsix HB User

I'd also suggest having her checked for a yeast infection.

If breastfeeding affected her natural moisture, it could also have affected her good/bad bacteria ratio.

Old 01-05-2004, 07:48 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User

As for recommendations, Muko lubricating Jelly is my favourite lube since some of the over-the-counter cheapo stuff can cause yeast infections...

Old 07-11-2004, 05:15 PM   #7

AlexKnight HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrin
As for recommendations, Muko lubricating Jelly is my favourite lube since some of the over-the-counter cheapo stuff can cause yeast infections...
I see a lot of posts about this Muko Jelly, and I received a small 15g package of it with a sextoy. I really like that stuff.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-12-2004 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Do not ask other users to violate board guidelines regarding posting web sites..

Old 07-15-2004, 04:41 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

I too think there is a possibility of it being a yeast infection. KY jelly and the like made me burn the few times i used it and i wouldn't ever buy the typical lubes sold. I have purchased one called Sylk in the supermarket and it's great. It contains no parabens and is made from kiwi fruit vine extract with a natural citrus fruit preservative. There are quite a few good lubes out there now and there is one which contains grapefruit seed extract or something like that anyway, which is excellent for keeping yeast infections at bay.

Last edited by Audrey-B; 07-15-2004 at 04:43 AM.

Old 07-15-2004, 01:25 PM   #9

johnx HB User

My wife and I go through this after our babies are born and she is still nursing. The dr thinks it's dryness but we've even tried the insertable ky jelly. Nothing works! I get about 2-3 inches in and then it hurts if I go any further. IMO, and with the way it feels down there, I think her uterus or something else is blocking me from entering any further. We've just pretty much given up on intercourse while she's nursing and have "breast sex", mostly, or she'll do me. It is certainly a price to pay, but not so great to stop nursing because of how good it is for the baby.

If we have any more children, my wife is going to try to pay more attention to her nutrition. She doesn't eat very well when nursing, so we wonder if this has anything to do with it. She'll drink an extra 40g's of protien shakes a day and hope that helps. I read that a pregnant woman needs something like 85g's protein a day, nursing mom 75g's and normally, it's around 50g's a day.

Above all else, be patient with her. Having children is a sacrifice that is paid back many times over...starting from the first time you see them.

Closed Thread