It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2004, 02:36 AM   #1

jonze79 HB User
sex not frequent enough

i love my girlfriend very much and we've been together for over 2 years. sex was great and frequent but now i'd be lucky if we have sex once a week! i have a high sex drive and i think she doesn't, what am i to do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2004, 07:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: sex not frequent enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonze79
i love my girlfriend very much and we've been together for over 2 years. sex was great and frequent but now i'd be lucky if we have sex once a week! i have a high sex drive and i think she doesn't, what am i to do?
Well you can calmly talk with her. By this I mean dont accuse her of anything,some people get it in their heads that it is the other person's fault either by not loving them enough or some other silly reason. Let her know how much you love her. Also let her know that you desire her and want to show it physically more than you currently are. You also have to consider her side,such as has the romance dropped off,is her work/school really stressful for her,is she on birth control and other things that can effect her sex drive. Also she maybe be more than content with once a week. You might have to arrange for certain nights/days are scheduled sex. I know doesnt sound like fun but you can make it fun if you work on it. You can see if she is willing to do that. Just make sure you reassure her that you love her and that you arent solely after her for sex. That can be a big turn off. Talking to her is your best bet.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2004, 01:35 PM   #3

jonze79 HB User

i've tried talking to her and she has no answer. i'm pretty sure she doesn't feel like i'm just using her for sex because i do show that i love her.

Old 01-05-2004, 08:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User

Frankly, darling, once a week is way more often than most people.

Sex at least for me is a lot more enjoyable when it isn't an everyday thing. The longer I go the more crazy I am. The better it is.

Old 01-07-2004, 05:00 AM   #5

Taz1 HB User

Join the club jonze. Two years and about once a week, that sounds just about normal. I would be willing to bet that it is not you. Typical situation.

And frankly Wrin, glad you have let us know what sex is for you, I hope your partner feels the same.

Old 01-09-2004, 01:34 AM   #6

jonze79 HB User

hey Taz1 tell me what you think we should do. i'm sure my girl loves me but i can't go and make her want me. know what i'm saying, and the problem is i think this girl is the one. there is seriously no problem with our relationship except for this. we

Old 01-10-2004, 12:35 PM   #7
(male)

Paul38 HB User

we have same - it helps if your partner is willing to use her hands on you as an alternative - we do that imbetween full sessions

Old 01-14-2004, 05:55 PM   #8
Inactive

HONEYDEWS HB User

HAVE YOU TRIED ALCOHOL? Just kidding, really all a woman wants is to feel sexy, attractive, that is what gets us in the mood. Maybe take her out. I only see my lover every other weekend, so I can't say what our "normal" drive would be if we were together every day. But I can say that every other weekend, we can have sex up to 6 times a day. We really turn each other on and we go out and have fun and that is a turn on too. Sometimes it takes me the week and a half between seeing him just to get over the sore muscles.

Anyway, I'm not helping answer your question any. I have been married and once a week is pretty normal in a long term relationship.

Old 01-17-2004, 01:58 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User

I feel the same way, and I'm a female. I've been with my boyfriend for one year and we have sex about once a week, maybe a little bit less, too. We used to have sex once a day! Blahh. Anyway, I'm going to take the advice of those replying to this topic, too. Good luck with your situation.

Closed Thread