It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2004, 10:30 PM   #1

yunat1 HB User
This is sort of a weird question...

[FONT=Tahoma]
I realize this is kind of a weird question and maybe nobody will know the answer, but I figured I'd ask anyway. So here's the problem... my boyfriend and I have been together for about 6 months, and for some reason the majority of the time we have sex, we both end up really sore. As he says, his "penis is on fire" and that is kind of the same way that I feel. My vagina sometimes feels raw, and like it is on "fire." Neither one of us has had this problem before. We are starting to wonder if it is the brand of condoms he bought because we are find until we use one. Then it immediately starts hurting me. I think it dries me out. Also, I have noticed that towards the back of my hole, towards the periniem, it always feels like my skin has got ripped apart. If anyone has any ideas please help. I don't know what to do to make us both stop hurting.

Old 01-10-2004, 03:54 AM   #2
Inactive

Fuchsia_Lay HB User
Re: This is sort of a weird question...

Not wet enough ............................

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2004, 05:04 AM   #3
Veteran

supertrooper HB User

With a condom you need some extra lube. Next to the condoms at the store you will see "Astroglide" and a dozen other personal lubricants. There are also prelubricated condoms for sale. There is also the possibility that you are having a reaction to the latex the condom is made of. Try a non-latex condom. Just remember that the non-latex condoms will prevent pregnancy but won't prevent the spread of STDs.

Last edited by supertrooper; 01-10-2004 at 05:07 AM.

Old 01-11-2004, 09:46 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

Could be a fungus infection or an allergic reaction to the condom or the lube you are using.

Last edited by orion; 01-11-2004 at 09:47 PM.

Old 01-13-2004, 08:51 AM   #5

KuriousChic HB User
Question Re: This is sort of a weird question...

girl, i have the same problem...only the rawness and the pain is only felt on my side. My boyfriend dosen't feel like that but i do. I really think it might be the condom or like the 2nd poster said maybe "you and I are not wet enough @ the time of intercourse. But i'm going to get myself looked @ incase its something serious. so i'll let you know. and don worry..its not a weird question...because 8 out of 10 times someone else is pondering the same thing.

Old 01-14-2004, 02:08 PM   #6

yunat1 HB User

Yes, please let me know what you find out. I have never had this problem until this guy. I don't know that it would be the condoms because, like I said, I never had a problem before.

Old 01-14-2004, 06:26 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrNice HB User

While it could be insufficient lubrication it could also be that you are allergic to latex (the rubber the condoms are made of). They sell condoms made of polyethalene which is a non-latex product for people with latex sensitivity (I think the brand name is Avanti). There are also condoms made for lambskin (Fourex) but those do not protect against all forms of STD's.

Also, many condoms are lubricated with a spermicide called non-oxynol which is irritating to some people. You could try finding lubricated condoms which are non-spermicide lubricated to see if that is what is causing your discomfort. Also if you are using an added lubricant make sure that isnt the cause of your discomfort.

Old 02-02-2004, 09:23 PM   #8

GTIVR6 HB User

Sounds to me like you've been drilling for oil in the desert without getting the drill-bit wet first, my friend. I recommend the investment in some lube.

Old 02-03-2004, 08:40 AM   #9

MamaGirl HB User

I had the same exact symptoms for a while and then finally went to the doctor. While I was describing my symptoms they said that sometimes if the sex is rougher than usual then you can actually tear the perineum. Perhaps you just keep irritating it?

In the meantime, I'd try a different brand of condom and definitely some lube! At least try to make it more comfortable!

Old 02-03-2004, 09:01 AM   #10
(female)

nelzun HB User

"Also, I have noticed that towards the back of my hole, towards the periniem, it always feels like my skin has got ripped apart."

Yunat1 I have the same problem as above. My boyfriend doesn't feel any differently but I feel like I have a tear there. It's so bad that I have to brace myself when we have sex. But it's ok once it's all the way in. It almost brings me to tears though because it's like it never heals and just gets worse because we have sex three times a day. He won't leave me alone long enough for it to heal up.

I am going to the doctor this afternoon to find out what's wrong, so I will update you on what he says when I get back. It may not be the same thing as what you have, but it will give you an idea of what it might be from.

Also, I am allergic to some condoms, but we don't use them. So mine couldn't be from condom use. But I have had serious burning from certain spermicides in the past. There are only a few brands I can use.

Old 02-03-2004, 10:37 AM   #11

undercover angel HB User

since you and your b/f feel the same way, you might be allergic to the condoms. You might want to try a different brand, if it keeps happening, you might want to see a doctor to make sure you both dont have the same infection.

Old 02-09-2004, 01:15 AM   #12

l'Olmstead HB User

I had the same problem, and my boyfriend and I were using condoms with spermicide, which many people are allergic to. We switched to regular condoms, and the problem was fine. I hope that helps!

Closed Thread