It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2004, 12:27 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User
Lightbulb Help me understand...

...What makes some people want to have sex with a variety of people before settling down with one special person?

I have some ideas but would really appreciate hearing from some other people.

I'm not going to judge anyones answers, i simply want to understand better.

Thanks everyone.

(I posted a similiar topic in the mens sexual health board but i sort of lost track of what the point of my post was and ended up venting more than anything, so i'll try this again right here)

Old 01-10-2004, 03:53 AM   #2
Inactive

Fuchsia_Lay HB User
Re: Help me understand...

I guess just like buying a house or a car

You like to check several models before making a decision ........

Hmmmm..............not sure if that makes any sense at all but ....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2004, 07:45 AM   #3
Veteran

supertrooper HB User

A college professor I had many years ago once answered this exact question with the Ice Cream Store analogy...

Four friends pass an ice cream store everyday. They have never had ice cream. One by one they decide to try ice cream.

Person A looks at the choices, and chooses chocolate. They love chocolate. To them it is the perfect flavor. Whenever they want ice cream they choose chocolate. They see other people enjoying the other flavors, but they don't care because they love chocolate and they have chocolate for the rest of their life.

Person B looks at the choices and chooses peach. They love peach. For years they eat peach. They notice people really enjoying other flavors and they wonder what they taste like. Peach has become boring for them and they eat it out of habit. They are afraid to try other flavors. Sometimes they don't eat ice cream for long periods of time, but when they do it is peach because peach is always there and htey know what it will taste like.

Person C decides they are going to try lots of flavors. They like some, dislike others. They find that they keep coming back to vanilla, so they decide to eat vanilla for the rest of their life.

Person D also decides to try all the flavors, but can't decide on a favorite. They keep trying all the flavors and really look forward to new flavors. This is how they eat ice cream for the rest of their life.

It comes down to there are lots of things that make up a person (experience, family, age, religion, etc) and they all influence how they choose their ice cream. The most important thing is deciding how YOU will eat ice fream.

Everybody is different. There is no simple answer of why. Human beings are way too complex, so trying to understand every point of view on any given subject will drive you nuts.

Old 01-10-2004, 11:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

Thanks again supertrooper. I love the ice cream analogy!

Old 01-10-2004, 11:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

And fuchsia_lays analogy too, it makes perfect sense.

Old 01-10-2004, 11:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran

bluesnowflake HB User

I love the ice cream analogy. I think most of my friends are choclate lovers, but have sometimes double scooped with different flavours...many a time they fall off and are disregarded and the rest is enjoyed.

blue

Old 01-12-2004, 01:07 PM   #7
Veteran

supertrooper HB User

One of the best things about ice cream is that if you get tired of a flavor you can put on some different toppings (sauce, nuts, jimmies, whipped cream, cherries). It's still the same ice cream, but it tastes different!

Old 01-13-2004, 05:11 AM   #8

Fuzzy Logic HB User
Wink Re: Help me understand...

Just remember, you can have any flavor you want as long as it is in your fridge! Going to the nieghbors fridge for a different flavor might cause a problem with your server!

FUZZ

Old 01-13-2004, 05:46 PM   #9
Inactive

Calixte_Silas HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Logic
Just remember, you can have any flavor you want as long as it is in your fridge! Going to the nieghbors fridge for a different flavor might cause a problem with your server!

FUZZ
Er...So what does it mean if you own an ice cream truck???

Last edited by Calixte_Silas; 01-13-2004 at 05:46 PM.

Old 01-14-2004, 06:13 AM   #10
Veteran

supertrooper HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calixte_Silas
Er...So what does it mean if you own an ice cream truck???
I guess that would make you an ice cream pimp.

Closed Thread