It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2004, 02:14 AM   #1

samalexandra HB User
do you find that some people like long labia???

I too have hanging labia. I must say though, that a lot of men tell me they are really turned on by them. At times I feel insecure though. Have other girls had mixed experiences or just negative ones???

Old 01-13-2004, 05:32 AM   #2

butterflymsh HB User
Unhappy Re: do you find that some people like long labia???

When I was a child, I had what was medically known as labial adhesion. It appears to be caused by lack of the female hormone progesterone at birth. I suffered needlessly from 6mo to around 12yrs old with my doctor forcefully prying them apart without anything to numb me down there. I am now 24yrs old and still suffer with issues of insecurity b/c of this, although I am currently happily married and my husband finds no fault with my anatomy. He is however supportive of me should I decide to have them surgically repaired.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2004, 12:18 PM   #3

tomas1979 HB User
Re: do you find that some people like long labia???

im a guy and yes i find that attractive. depending on how long tho. but yes i am very turned on by that (2-3 inches a lil more)

Old 01-17-2004, 12:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User

I have kind of long labia. My labia doesn't hang, but I feel that it's longer than most. I'm actually not insecure about this in the slightest, because all of my boyfriends were actually very attracted to my vagina describe the lengthy labia. My current boyfriend is VERY turned on by this, and says he enjoys oral sex with me more due to this.

Old 01-17-2004, 09:54 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by samalexandra
Have other girls had mixed experiences or just negative ones???
I find it interesting that you only give 2 options - mixed and negative. Where's the "just positive ones"? Or how about "no comments at all, ever"?

Your question implies that there is something wrong with them and actually deserve to have negative comments made about them. Could you imagine if women were to offer up negative comments to their men about their penises the way you're implying men do to women? I'd hope both sexes would have the decency to keep any displeasure with their partner's genitals to themselves... Man, if a guy I let get that close to me were to comment negatively on the condition of my genitalia, out he goes. Talk about a jerk.

Old 01-17-2004, 09:19 PM   #6

Emma2 HB User

How do you know if you have long labia? What does it look like compared to regular labia?

Old 01-19-2004, 08:55 PM   #7

samalexandra HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisby
I find it interesting that you only give 2 options - mixed and negative. Where's the "just positive ones"? Or how about "no comments at all, ever"?

Your question implies that there is something wrong with them and actually deserve to have negative comments made about them. Could you imagine if women were to offer up negative comments to their men about their penises the way you're implying men do to women? I'd hope both sexes would have the decency to keep any displeasure with their partner's genitals to themselves... Man, if a guy I let get that close to me were to comment negatively on the condition of my genitalia, out he goes. Talk about a jerk.

Thisby,
I think you misunderstood my question. If you've noticed, most girls on this board hate their long labia and wish to have it "corrected". I on the other hand do not feel this way and am curious to know if there are other women who are comfortable with their genitalia as I am. It did not seem like an unreasonable question to ask. I am asking females about their experiences and there is nothing wrong with that. I agree with you that women should not tolerate negative feedback from men. There's no need to get aggresive in your response. I wish women could learn to be comfortable with themselves without the response of others, however I feel it is natural to view yourself to a certain extent by the way others view you. (society influences all of us probably including you)

Old 01-20-2004, 07:36 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
I guess I totally did misinterpret your first post! Nowhere in it did I read any personal positive feelings toward them and again, your 2 options for reactions from males are not exactly postive either.

As for most women complaining here about their labia, a lot of people who post here are unhappy or concerned about something, that's why they're here. If I'm completely happy with mine, do you think I'm going to post or start a thread? I mean, I totally can't sympathize with a woman who wants labia reduction surgery, do you think I'm going to post "are you nuts?" or tell her how I'm fine w/ mine? it would be like rubbing her nose in it. I responded to yours only because I thought your 2 options were too limiting. Or as they say in court: "objection, leading"

I figure asking women about their negative responses from men isn't exactly a way to encourage women to be comfortable with their labia... but since you've posted again, it's clearer. Or at least the revised question is ("if there are other women who are comfortable with their genitalia", which isn't quite the same question...).

My response: yes, there are other women who are comfortable with their genitalia.

Old 02-02-2004, 04:51 PM   #9

MooseMiss HB User

I have this and I always worry about it even though noone has ever complained. It looks terrible to me in a mirror tho and I just want to look 'normal'!!

Old 02-02-2004, 04:52 PM   #10

MooseMiss HB User

Oops sorry. Am new at this and did not see second page of posts.

Old 02-03-2004, 08:17 AM   #11
Veteran

supertrooper HB User

If you take a stroll over to the "Cosmetic Surgery" board you will find several posts about labia reduction. Some women have it done because they experience physical discomfort, and others for purely cosmetic reasons.

I don't think most guys think too much about it. If asked, most are also smart enough not to be negative in order to increase the chances of seeing the labia again.

I'm confused. Are you comfortable with them or insecure?

Closed Thread