It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2004, 11:22 PM   #1

ItailanRDer HB User
Birth Control?

How can I get Birth control...either the pill or patch with out going to my docotr for it? Can I just go to a pharmacy and pick some up...I can't order online either also what Kind of birth control will not make you gain weight? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2004, 01:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User
Re: Birth Control?

The pill and the patch are prescription only, and you can't get it from anyone BUT a doctor. It is true that you can get it online, and probably without a prescription, but you said that you can't get it offline. If you don't want to see your regular doctor, you can always go to Planned Parenthood. I don't exactly what your situation is on why you can't get birth control from your doctor, but if it's possibly parents or something you're worried about, the doctors at Planned Parenthood or a clinic CANNOT tell your parents about anything that has to do with you BY LAW, so you don't have to be worried about that. The only form of birth control you can go get over the counter at a pharmacy are male and female condoms, the sponge, spermicial lubricant, and I think that's it. Everyone has a different reaction to different kinds of birth control, so I can't really tell you what will and will not make you gain weight, so you'll have to do a little research or ask the clinician or doctor or whoever gives it to you if you decide to go down that route. The forms of birth control that I'm aware of are the IUD, and that has to be inserted by a doctor, the birth control pill, and there are many kinds, and they are all prescription and have to be given out by a doctor/clinician, the male and female condoms, which you obviously do not have to get at the doctors and can go to the pharmacy and buy, the diaphragm, which has to be given out by a doc, the cervical cap, which has to be given out by a doc, the birth control patch or NuvaRing, which has to be given out by the doc, and there is also the Depo Provera shot, which has to be given to you by a doctor every three months. I hope that is of some help to you. Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread