It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2004, 04:43 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

luv2sing HB User
A Twist on the " Does Size Matter..." topic

I know that men are forever going to be wondering about penis size, which got me to thinking-what about the way a woman looks naked? I mean, in other threads, it was questioned if a woman found a man's penis too small, if she would change her opinion of him. Well ,how about if a man found a woman not so appealing naked? Like she has a flabby belly or whatever-does it change things?To kinda clarify-let's say that you are attracted to a woman who is pretty, but you find that she has a belly or whatever-other than that, she is beautiful. I know that men are more visual than women are, but do men look at that or are they more in a "sexual" frame of mind and don't pay much attention? I am just curious about this-nothing personal of course

Last edited by luv2sing; 01-18-2004 at 05:44 PM.

Old 01-18-2004, 05:37 PM   #2

tooshort HB User
Re: A Twist on the " Does Size Matter..." topic

Yes, physical attractiveness does matter! (LARGE GASP)

Saggy breasts, flabby belly, hair where there should be no hair, and many other physical characteristics are a turn-off. I know that it is not PC, but it is the truth (for me).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2004, 07:54 PM   #3

Emma2 HB User

What is all this talk about Women not being visual? My ex says I'm more visual than he is, lol, and I AM.

Old 01-18-2004, 07:58 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

luv2sing HB User

I was just being general about the visual thing

Old 01-18-2004, 08:23 PM   #5

Emma2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sing
I was just being general about the visual thing
I know, I just wanted to let people know some of us women can be visual

Old 01-19-2004, 10:43 PM   #6
(male)

1965_Bruce HB User

But there is a difference. The woman can't have an opinion on the guy's penis till she see it erect, which is when they get naked. But a man can have an opinion about a woman's body long before he sees her naked. Like a "flabby belly" as you put it, or saggy boobs, or huge butt, etc etc. I can usually notice that even from a distance. If a woman looks good to me in all her clothes, then she will look good naked. Or at least not horrible enough for me to lose interest.

Old 01-19-2004, 10:54 PM   #7

Emma2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965_Bruce
But there is a difference. The woman can't have an opinion on the guy's penis till she see it erect, which is when they get naked. But a man can have an opinion about a woman's body long before he sees her naked. Like a "flabby belly" as you put it, or saggy boobs, or huge butt, etc etc. I can usually notice that even from a distance. If a woman looks good to me in all her clothes, then she will look good naked. Or at least not horrible enough for me to lose interest.
A woman can have an opinion about a man's body before she sees him naked too.I can notice a flabby belly, no butt,skinny arms and legs, etc.

A woman can look good in all of her clothes more easily than a man. The flabby belly can be controlled through a girdle, or be not flabby, but have stretch marks,the saggy boobs can be made to appear unsaggy by a push-up bra, or not be saggy, but have stretch marks, and the butt and legs can be thin but cellulite riddled(you'd be surprised). Women have more clothing and other options to disguise their imperfections than men.

I can assure you, that we women can look at a guy fully clothed, unerect, and gauge how big he is a good part of the time as well. If a guy is well endowed, it shows...even unerect.

Old 01-19-2004, 11:06 PM   #8
(male)

1965_Bruce HB User

ahhh.. ya got me. you do have a point there. guess i was thinking with my "other head" again!

but how can a woman gauge how big the guy is going to be when you see someone in a non-sexual setting? I just dont get that. what gives it away??

Old 01-19-2004, 11:33 PM   #9

Emma2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965_Bruce
ahhh.. ya got me. you do have a point there. guess i was thinking with my "other head" again!

but how can a woman gauge how big the guy is going to be when you see someone in a non-sexual setting? I just dont get that. what gives it away??
Hehe. I think you just forgot women can be shallow at times too. No one's perfect.

As for being able to tell, I just can sometimes Think about it...if a guy's big, he's bigger unerect than average too, and that shows.I've been with big guys so I guess I can just tell.

Old 01-19-2004, 11:35 PM   #10

Emma2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma2
Hehe. I think you just forgot women can be shallow at times too. No one's perfect.

As for being able to tell, I just can sometimes Think about it...if a guy's big, he's bigger unerect than average too, and that shows.I've been with big guys so I guess I can just tell.
One more thing, I really can't tell if they're small in clothes, just if they're big.

Old 01-20-2004, 06:52 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

Emma,
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your post about women being visual. I was actually going to start a post (think I still will) I am a very visual woman and always have been.
I will be watching this thread for more responses.

Marilyn

Old 01-20-2004, 08:09 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

Actually the bigger unerect doesnt always mean bigger erect. There can be guys that look huge flaccid but wind up being average or below when erect. I have seen that happen. I have also seen a guy that was small flaccid but above average when erect. I happen to be married to that guy. So flaccid size rarely reflects the erect size..then of course one has to throw in that temp can play a foctor in how big a guy looks while flaccid. As any guy can tell you if they are cold it tends to cause shrinkage...lol

Yes women can be very visual,I happen to be one that loves visual stimuli. Dh knows that and loves to tease me with peeks and so on. I have tons of pics that I love looking at when my Dh is gone. Also think of this when it comes to women being visual....movie,tv stars, or musians. All of those tend to be great looking because women are visual and love to look at good looking guys. Another thing to think of is the reality show Average Joe. If anyone has seen those you have a beautiful woman and then average looking guys. The beautiful woman is expecting hunks but she gets the average guys. The look on her face as she watches the average guys get off the bus is priceless. It goes to show that we are visual.

Also I can understand why a guy would be upset over being as big as 10 inches. Other guys may think he has it made but if the guy is the type that cares for his partner then he knows that he doesnt have it made. Guys like that tend to cause alot of pain for their partners. So of curse it is understandable for a guy well above average to be depressed over his size. He could be causing pain for his lover or could be that hispartners where too scared to have sex with him. Also positions tend to be limited when one is bigger so there isnt alot of variety to one's sex life. The reason for that is once one finds postions that dont hurt one's partner it is best to stick with those. That tends to be a bit depressing knowing you cant do some of either your or her favorite positions.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 01-20-2004, 08:10 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
I'm a very visual woman too and find the stereotype of men being the visual ones very sexist actually...

As for the original question, I agree that physical attractiveness does matter, to both sexes. I mean, you have to be attracted to the person to some degree or you'd never get together, and once the clothes are off, both can hold surprises, not just the size of the penis. Continued attraction to the person is important. But really, the flaws would have to be pretty extreme for it to matter at that point, wouldn't it? (Assuming it's a relationship, not a one night stand.)

Anyway, all the comments have been great except I can't agree with being able to tell how big a guy is.

There's no way I can tell what size the guy might be. So unless he's got a semi in a speedo or biking shorts, it's a total crap shoot. We women have to rely on fate to see what's there when we finally get to that stage. Which brings me to a comment towards all the men w/small penises who say they're too afraid to ask a woman out, as if we'd know they're small or something: we can't tell!
Yes, if you have tight-ish pants, and you have a big package, we can assume it might be big, but maybe you just have large balls, or aren't a grower...you get the idea... but I think most women have learned never to assume...I have, at least.

Old 01-20-2004, 09:14 AM   #14

tooshort HB User

I have a question for the women that consider themselves to be visually oriented. Is it a simple matter of aesthetics, or is it driven by function? That is, do you find a larger penis more visually stimulating because you feel that a larger penis is more physically pleasurable? Or, do you just simply like the way that it looks (without respect to any physical aspects)?

Old 01-20-2004, 09:23 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

TomsWife HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooshort
I have a question for the women that consider themselves to be visually oriented. Is it a simple matter of aesthetics, or is it driven by function? That is, do you find a larger penis more visually stimulating because you feel that a larger penis is more physically pleasurable? Or, do you just simply like the way that it looks (without respect to any physical aspects)?
Too short,
Looks like you are really trying to ask us if we think that larger penis' are more pleasurable. We pretty much covered that in the other thread. I personally just like the way it looks because I know what it does !

Remember: It's not how deep you fish, its how you wiggle your worm.

Closed Thread