It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2004, 02:40 AM   #1

kagami HB User
Precum more fertile than ejeculation?!

Now this is something new i've heard...bloody hell i didnt know that precum was more fertile...guys i need help, can a condom be worn on both sides? Plus does clothes act as a barrier?

Old 02-09-2004, 08:51 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

sdp HB User
Re: Precum more fertile than ejeculation?!

Precum more fertile??? That's a bunch of BS. Precum will never have as much sperm as ejaculate. Matter of fact, precum has very little sperm if any at all, since precum is produced by a separate gland located afer the prostate. Precum can only pick up any sperm located in the urethra. So if there is no sperm in the urethra, there will be none in the precum.

As to using both sides of a condom? I suppose you could but I don't know why you would even want to try. It's meant to roll on in one direction.

And yes clothes are a barrier.

Last edited by sdp; 02-09-2004 at 08:52 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2004, 02:23 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

Here's how I've had it explained to me....And I'm not a guy so I could be way off base...

Precum does NOT contain much sperm but it generally has some...semen obviously has ALOT.....So I was told to think of it this way.....(measurements completely exaggerated)

Precum is like a teaspoon of sperm with a teaspoon of water....

Semen is like a teaspoon of sperm with a cup of water....

like I said totally exaggerated and maybe way off base but that's how it was explained to me.

Old 02-09-2004, 03:51 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

sdp HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
Precum is like a teaspoon of sperm with a teaspoon of water....

Semen is like a teaspoon of sperm with a cup of water....
LOL, You have that backwards. You're saying that precum has a 50% concentration of sperm. I think you meant to say that Semen has a 50% concentration.

Just wanted to clarify that precum CAN contain sperm, however the amount is very small to none.

Old 02-09-2004, 09:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

LOL....yeah something like that...*Blushes*

Old 02-10-2004, 01:28 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrNice HB User

Pre-ejaculate is unlikely to have anywhere near the sperm concentration of ejaculate. However, that doesn't mean that it doesn't contain sperm. As a previous poster said if sperm is present when the pre-ejaculate is produced it will wash the sperm in the urethra out along with it.

As for using a condom on both sides...this is NOT a good idea. Once a side has come in contact with the penis it's possible that pre-ejaculate or semen has gotten on it. If you were to reverse it, the side that had come in contact with the penis would now be in contact with your vagina. If their was sperm on the side it would now be in your vagina. Likewise this would greatly diminish the condom's ability to protect you against STD's. Use a condom once...on one side only... and dispose of it.

Are clothes a barrier...unless the clothing is very flimsy or an open weave it probably is. That again, doesnt mean that semen/sperm couldnt find it's way through the clothing given time and sufficient fluid being released.

Closed Thread