It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2004, 07:04 PM   #1

ItailanRDer HB User
The mourning after pill?

I dont want to go on birth control,but I am afraid of geting pregnant...can I just take the mourning after pill after I have sex everytime? Or is this not safe to do? Thanks for your advice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2004, 07:22 PM   #2
Inactive

Calixte_Silas HB User
Re: The mourning after pill?

NO! LOL. It's going to get veryexpensive, very quickly.
I'm not sure that it would be safe to take that high of a hormone dosage at a very regular interval.
Thats why they have the different versions of pills, lower dosage - everyday.
The morning after pill is a higher dosage of the same hormones - but for emergency use only.
I would reccomend BC pills. I don't think taking the Emergency Contraceptive Pill every time would be safe.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2004, 08:07 PM   #3

ItailanRDer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calixte_Silas
NO! LOL. It's going to get veryexpensive, very quickly.
I'm not sure that it would be safe to take that high of a hormone dosage at a very regular interval.
Thats why they have the different versions of pills, lower dosage - everyday.
The morning after pill is a higher dosage of the same hormones - but for emergency use only.
I would reccomend BC pills. I don't think taking the Emergency Contraceptive Pill every time would be safe.

Well we dont have sex too often...aince its hard to find a place to do it...and thats why I dont want to waste my time going on BC,so for the very few times that I might need it? Or should I just hope that the condom will keep me safe enough???LOL

Old 02-09-2004, 09:34 PM   #4

Crimson_M HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItailanRDer
Well we dont have sex too often...aince its hard to find a place to do it...and thats why I dont want to waste my time going on BC,so for the very few times that I might need it? Or should I just hope that the condom will keep me safe enough???LOL
Sounds like you should be worrying about getting A's in highschool, rather than whether or not you'll be getting pregnant.

Old 02-09-2004, 09:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
ECP should be used in emergencies only. If you know you're going to be having sex, go on the pill. It's cheaper and MUCH easier on your body. You don't want to be pumping such large doses of hormones into your body at once if you can avoid it. Sure, if you're only going to have intercourse once every 6 months, it might be an option, but is that what you're figuring?

Old 02-10-2004, 02:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrNice HB User

Taking an ECP is not the answer for you. If you dont want to go on the pill because you dont have sex that often then make sure your partner uses a condom properly and you might want to use a vaginal contraceptive (foam, gel, etc) as an added safeguard should the condom slip or break.

Old 02-13-2004, 08:59 PM   #7
(female)

crimsonrose HB User

Mr. Nice is right. If you don't want to use bc pills, just make sure your boyfriend wears a condom correctly everytime, and if an accident should happen (condom breaking), that's the time you want to get the morning after pill from your local clinic.

Old 02-15-2004, 05:31 PM   #8

whowhat HB User

my sister used the morning after pill after she and her boyfriend had sex and the condum broke she said it made her soooo sick using it......I agree just use condums or get the patch or get on bc.

Old 02-15-2004, 06:24 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

I agree with Mr.Nice....use condoms and spermicide...ECP is not the way to go..

Old 02-15-2004, 08:27 PM   #10

ItailanRDer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
I agree with Mr.Nice....use condoms and spermicide...ECP is not the way to go..

Ive heard of spemicide...but i dont know alot about it..can you tell me?? And where can I get it? thanks

Old 02-16-2004, 12:26 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrNice HB User

Spermicides are sold in the feminine hygene section of pharmacies and supermarkets. Sometimes they are displayed next to where other family planning products (ie condoms) are sold.

Spermicides come as creams, gels and foams as well as some other forms such as a disolving film. All of them are placed in the vagina generally up to an hour before intercourse takes place. The creams, gels and foams have applicators which are either filled before you use them or come pre-filled. The applicator is inserted deep into the vagina and the plunger depressed to deposit the spermicide. Some spermicides are specifically made to use with a diaphragm. Look for the ones to be used without the diaphragm if you intend to use it without one as a back up to a condom.

All the spermicides work the same way. Should your semen be deposited into your g/f's vagina the sperm is destroyed if it comes in contact with the spermicide.

If you decide to have sex more than once a second application is necessary.

Another variation of a spermicidal product is the contraceptive sponge. It's a soft sponge like device inserted up to 24 hours before intercourse and it contains spermicide. These were taken off the market a few years back but are now being manufactured again.

Closed Thread