It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2004, 05:01 PM   #16
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 47
FrJackHackett HB User
Re: Bodybuilding and Sex Appeal

I exercise both aerobically and with resistance because it makes me feel better to be active and have a well proportioned body. I'm happy and stable and I do not think much about attracting women; neither am I preoccupied with my penis. Sex is certainly more enjoyable when fit and healthy than it is puffing and gasping with a bulging, sagging abdomen. Aside from that obvious fact I can't see much connection.

 
Old 03-31-2004, 12:01 AM   #17
Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: connecticut
Posts: 88
ken1967 HB User
Re: Bodybuilding and Sex Appeal

well im sure some guys do go to the gym or buy that corvette or harley etc to make up for lacking in the manhood area or their looks etc, im also sure that some guys go to the gym because they just wanna have a healthy lifestyle and just look and feel good, it does have a psychological affect on you too, you look good youll feel more confident although alot of muscle heads can be very cocky and think their you know what dont stink either

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 04-02-2004, 05:54 AM   #18
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 243
jagdm27 HB User
Re: Bodybuilding and Sex Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken1967
well im sure some guys do go to the gym or buy that corvette or harley etc to make up for lacking in the manhood

Lets face it....we live in an image filled world. Everything we do, to some degree, is all about the image! Day after day I see guys going through an "Identity Crisis" just to fit in....and thats fine....we all have to find our spot in this world.
I've been at a gym for 9 years. It is easy to spot guys who are there for a major overhaul of their body because of some insucurity somewhere in their life! People can say its all about health-(which I believe is part of the gym experience)- BUT ..please, we all love the confidence, the beauty and the attention a new body will give us!!...so its not just about health!

Coming out of high school I was 90 pounds soaking wet!...now after lifting ...I look more like a linebacker from a football team! My confidence is set, I have no earth shattering insecurities...but that is now....coming out of HS it was a different story...I was a mess, in search of an identity..the gym helped!

The comedian brought up the "gym-penis-car thing" weeks ago, but I have been hearing about the "nice car sorry about your penis" thing since I can remember! There is truth to that statement...one cannot deny that. Many guys will by a "super car" because they are lacking somewhere in their life and they think the girls will be drooling..(which in many cases will happen..nice car hot girl!)!!..while some would not even think there is any correlation!

Why are some of my best buddies on steriods...they have told me ..they want to be bigger and better than every guy on the planet....more attractive to women! I try to tell them that you look like a bloated, zit infested monster with no hair....honestly...I worry about there health!! The irony here is that they want to be more attractive to women, but they have been having sexual problems and performance issues!!!....steroid related..no doubt!

This is just me thinking out loud after reading all the responses!
Thanks for the awesome posts!



Last edited by jagdm27; 04-02-2004 at 05:57 AM.

 
Old 04-02-2004, 06:48 AM   #19
Inactive
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 2,902
zip2play HB User
Re: Bodybuilding and Sex Appeal

I've studied the matter "at length" and I really don't find any correlation between muscle size and penis size. It seems logical to me since ANYBODY can decide to work for a beautiful body.
Hormonally the big penis might have a slight hormonal edge for easier muscle growth but like I said, size doesn't really relate to SIZE as far as I've seen!

Racial background is, however, another matter entirely... both pro and con!

Last edited by zip2play; 04-02-2004 at 06:51 AM.

 
Old 04-02-2004, 12:07 PM   #20
Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: connecticut
Posts: 88
ken1967 HB User
Re: Bodybuilding and Sex Appeal

you say that going to the gym for health reasons is only part of the reasons men go to the gym,you say its also to get self confidence and and beauty and attention a new body will give us but those are also health reasons, if we look good we will feel good and if we feel good we will be more attractive in many ways ,i just think its all wrapped in together, you look good your gonna feel good and those who have confidence and higher self worth and self esteem are usually healthier people becuase they will want to stay that way

 
Old 04-02-2004, 12:40 PM   #21
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 39
brockbabe HB User
Re: Bodybuilding and Sex Appeal

My boyfriend has been working out since he was 14 years old and is VERY muscular...almost abnormally large. He's the typical football/hockey player. When I first saw his penis, my first thought was "wow, he was compensating for a small package" but then upon *ahem* closer inspection, I realized he was completely average! It was the size his body that made his penis seem smaller. I don't believe men bulk themselves up to compensate for a small penis, because anyone with common sense would see that the bigger they got elsewhere, the smaller their penis will look! Just my 2 cents.

 
Old 04-02-2004, 03:41 PM   #22
Inactive
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: WA
Posts: 166
serenity111 HB User
Re: Bodybuilding and Sex Appeal

ive known lots of bodybuilder's. i do know that if they take certain things while body building (like steroids) can affect their penis! but what i noticed most, going to compitiotions, is almost ALL the men were short, and stocky. that was their body type, very rare do you see a tall body builder, they can gain more muscle, if their not too tall. in the penis department, this is such a funny topic, cuz i was with 2 of them, and they wernt that big, definately didnt fit their body size. i never really thought about it! they could have been taking some sort of steroid though, that effects their penis, or their performance.

 
Old 04-03-2004, 08:21 AM   #23
Inactive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 18
cosmic424 HB User
Re: Bodybuilding and Sex Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity111
in the penis department, this is such a funny topic, cuz i was with 2 of them, and they wernt that big, definately didnt fit their body size. i never really thought about it!

"its like putting trycycle tires on a Hummer" or "a small wilted daisy in garbage can" or "like shooting pool with a rope"


sorry... I can't help myself!...I am still laughing at the original post with the comedian and all the jokes!

I think its hillarious!...all in good fun!!..

 
Old 04-06-2004, 08:26 AM   #24
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: CANADA
Posts: 360
mjmaciver HB User
Re: Bodybuilding and Sex Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenity111
is almost ALL the men were short, and stocky. that was their body type, very rare do you see a tall body builder
Maybe in the light and middleweight, But I'm 5'11" and when I competed I was actually tied with three or 4 other competitors as the shortest. Most of the others were 6'0"-6'4". I'd like to meet the guy that's 5'4" and 250lbs of solid muscle. I find most of us are taller actually. But whatever, sorry to get off topic.

talk to ya later
__________________
Each Rep Is Right, Each Set Right, Each Workout Right, Each Meal Right And Each Night's Sleep Right

 
Old 04-07-2004, 12:04 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 224
antares_wish HB User
Re: Bodybuilding and Sex Appeal

LOL this thread is too funny, I can't believe I actually learned some new penis jokes reading it, I thought I knew them all! In all seriousness though the common generalizations about men with big trucks or that work out to compensate for smaller packages are just over generalizations for the most part. You'll find porn star studs and shriveled milk duds in the gym room or out. The real question you have to ask yourself is which would you prefer, the guy that gets tired after 2 min or the guy that can go all night?

 
Old 04-09-2004, 08:34 PM   #26
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: lawrence, ks usa
Posts: 227
apple HB User
Re: Bodybuilding and Sex Appeal

If anything, a guy decides to take up weight lifting because he perceives himself as being small in physical stature. The thought process involved in his decision to lift, therefore, has nothing to do with the size of his penis.

 
Old 04-09-2004, 09:56 PM   #27
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 243
jagdm27 HB User
Re: Bodybuilding and Sex Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple
If anything, a guy decides to take up weight lifting because he perceives himself as being small in physical stature. The thought process involved in his decision to lift, therefore, has nothing to do with the size of his penis.
What makes you so sure that this is the only reason!??
How do you know!!

Some guys make up for "a small penis" with a nice car, money, bigger body.....its no secret...its a FACT!

The study of Psychology is awesome!...especially male psych. ......guys egos are so fragile....any women could knock a guy down to size if she really wanted to!
I wrote this post because the comedian joked about penis size and bodybuilding... and every women I looked at in the audience agreed! I know the audience is only a tiny sampling of the entire world, but it was enough to make me write about this on Healthboards.

Remember...life does not fit into a neat little box!..people do strange and unpredictable things!

 
Old 04-09-2004, 11:23 PM   #28
Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Chicago, IL USA
Posts: 312
DoOoOoM HB User
Re: Bodybuilding and Sex Appeal

Uhhh, to perfectly honest the comedian doesn't even seem all that funny. His "joke" has been said over and over again by lame scraggy comedians who are either jealous or lacking in material. But, whatever. Uh oh my penis is demanding me to lift weights so I can pick up girls so I gotta go.

 
Old 04-11-2004, 03:43 PM   #29
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: CANADA
Posts: 360
mjmaciver HB User
Re: Bodybuilding and Sex Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagdm27
The study of Psychology is awesome!...especially male psych. ......guys egos are so fragile....any women could knock a guy down to size if she really wanted to!

HAHAHA

Many a woman have tried that with me and retired to the bathroom sobbing for hours.

In my opinion both sexes' egos are fragile and shouldn't be tampered with.

Men Don't have big penises? Women don't have small hips

one way or the other

talk to ya later
__________________
Each Rep Is Right, Each Set Right, Each Workout Right, Each Meal Right And Each Night's Sleep Right

 
Old 04-11-2004, 06:21 PM   #30
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Posts: 2,640
Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Re: Bodybuilding and Sex Appeal

A very interesting thread for sure. About 1 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes, this led to a major change in lifestyle for me. I lost about 40 pounds and added the gym and daily exercise to my life. I go to the gym on average 3 times/week and feel great. I never ONCE thought about my penis as part of the routine, it is what it is and I'm ok with it....took me years to get there though. Gym workouts are'nt going to increase its size for sure! I will say that losing the weight added the "appearance" of a larger penis when flaccid because the extra weight is removed. More than anything though the gym has led me to a new awareness of self and I am much more confident, in better shape and generally I am in the best shape of my life, all 45 years of it. So, is the sex better? YES and I'm in better shape for it as well. Did the gym change anything about my penis, no....but it changed my attitude and self confidence and I believe that ALL of this is connected!

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
BCBS Appeal - Routine Physical rave29 Health Insurance Issues 4 07-03-2009 09:19 AM
should I appeal tampatar Disabilities 4 07-09-2007 08:56 PM
How do I appeal BCBS Application Denial chrisp1027 Health Insurance Issues 4 06-22-2007 06:08 AM
got letter about my appeal... Queenneeee Disabilities 6 08-04-2006 06:32 PM
To Kymtnms - SSI Appeal Hearing lestoby Multiple Sclerosis 21 06-03-2006 11:18 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:23 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!