It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2004, 04:44 PM   #46

Dreamer3866 HB User
Re: Bodybuilding and Sex Appeal

I was into bodybuilding for a long time and have average size if not a little above so I don't think there's any correlation.
What I do know for myself is that I got into it because of an insecurity. Most guys (if honest) that bodybuild would tell you they were teased as boys for being skinny or had some 'causative' affect that propelled them into the habit. And habit it can become too, being time consuming and then there's the food, diet supplements, costs and it can take over your life and become an obsession!
My sister dropped her boyfriend because she said he would rather workout 4 times a week religiously than spend time with her and when on holiday he had to find a park and do pull-ups and push-ups as he couldn't even go 2 days without exercise.
My insecurity was that my father abused me and I felt less of a man and until counselling I thought I HAD to bulk up and become HUGE to feel safe I guess.
Since then I've met a wonderful lady who accepts me for me and I no longer feel like I have to hurt myself 4-5 times a week for hours on end just to feel secure about the way I look.
It is a major hang-up thing with a lot of the guys I talked to in the gym and many wished they didn't have to do it as it had cost them in other areas of their lives.
BUT I don't wish to tarnish all with the same brush and if you enjoy it then why not?
I'm just saying I did because of past abuse making me feel less of a man when made to dress like a girl when 4-7 by my father who then hurt and abused me
It took me years to tell anyone this and I have suffered so much because of his cruelty and sickness!
Sorry I've got off topic a bit!

Sam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2004, 07:58 AM   #47
Inactive

jagdm27 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer3866
I was into bodybuilding for a long time and have average size if not a little above so I don't think there's any correlation.

There is no medical or physical correlation. Its just the percieved perception
of the viewer. Plus it makes for good jokes!

A good friend of mine and I have the same size penis...the only difference is
that I am 225, 6 foot 1 and he is skinny, 155, 5 feet 5. Many people would say that my penis looks smaller on me, than on him; when in reality we are the same. Just different bodies

"its like putting tricycle tires on a mack truck"

Old 06-17-2004, 08:35 AM   #48
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagdm27
Its all perception....self esteem....this thread has proved that...there is no genetic link!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic424
I guess that kind of blows that bodybuilding/small penis theory out of the water!

I'm thinking you and cosmic never made it to the high school debating team.

cosmic, one exception to a rule does not 'blow a theory out of the water', unless the theory is "all bodybuilders have small penises", which I dont think anyone was proposing here.
And jagdm27, this thread has proved nothing about genetic links, it wasn't even about that. You started it yourself, it's about a correlation between bodybuilding and small penises, genetics wasn't mentioned.

too funny...

Old 06-17-2004, 08:57 AM   #49
Inactive

jagdm27 HB User

[QUOTE=Thisby]I'm thinking you and cosmic never made it to the high school debating team.
QUOTE]

Yeah.....I know! I was on the Debate Team for about 2 days..Thats when I punched out a guy who was a smartass, thought he new everything about everything, was cocky and had no life......and then, after my suspension,I played on the offensive line for my high school football team!

Oh well!

Your right about the genetic thing...I mentioned it because some other post
stated something about it, ...I cannot really remember who, but I thought I would put in my two cents!

Old 06-20-2004, 02:05 AM   #50

curiositykills HB User

now i have never thought of my penis size as anything great. Although i do think what the comic said might be funny it isn't fact. Thats what comics do, make things into jokes. I lift weights and like to stay fit, given its not lifting weights for bulk but i just have a fit look, thats it. I am kinda short in stature and have always thought it would hinder me getting a girlfriend. This proved i was looking in all the wrong places as i found one who liked me for my personality and as a person. Although, she did enjoy to find me to be fit and often referred to me as sexy often causing me to feel embarrased because i never thought i was anything like that. Its another story when she saw my penis though. She said that it is the biggest she has ever seen and unto this day she pokes jokes at other guys compared to me. I have always tried to remain modest about it. Btw, she insisted on measuring once when i said i don't know exactly how long it is and she said it was 9 1/2 inches, is that considered normal or what is it?

Old 06-23-2004, 06:12 PM   #51
Inactive

jagdm27 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagdm27
"muscles don't help! They hinder! Going to the gym to bulk up is just one way some men try to mask the fact that they have small penises. Society would like to believe that men go the gym to impress women, or stay healthy. But in reality, men go to the gym to enlarge their bodies because they can't enlarge their penis! Nothing is more upsetting than watching a Muscle Man competition and seeing some huge, ripped, vascular, tanned Adonis with nothing in his pants! You can bulk up all you want, but don't lie to your self. The bigger the vase, the smaller the flower looks. What's a super sized extra value meal with a small fry?"
Just when I thought this thread was basically "used up", I found this on another board...

"Bigger is better. I've only been with one guy that I'd consider a teenie weenie. He was a weightlifter dood, and I think maybe past steroid use had something to do with it? (just guessing; i've got no proof). Anyhow, when we'd do it, it honestly felt like I was inserting a tampon. No joking. And that's all I could think about, thus ruining the moment. The thing had to be less than 3 inches!"

Oh well.....

Closed Thread