It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2004, 10:34 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User
Any good non-sticky lubes?

Hi everyone,
Do you have any recommendations for a good lubricant that isn't so sticky? We've used both KY and Astroglide. They both work well and aren't sticky during sex, but once they start drying out the stickiness is awful. We keep babywipes handy but those barely help. Usually i feel like showering afterwards but that is rarely a convenient thing to do. So, any good lube recommendations?

Thanks.

Old 02-19-2004, 02:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hoop HB UserHoop HB User
Re: Any good non-sticky lubes?

What you are using are water based lubricants. Astroglide is waterbased and I'm guessing KY is as well. Thus the reason for it drying out. "ID Glide" is also water based.

You can try "ID cream lubricant" which is oil based and does not dry out. This is good if you don't use a latex condom. Oil based lubricants are not latex friendly, although I don't know how long it will take to deteriorate a latex condom to be honest. It may depend on how long you two go at it I guess. It could just be one of those disclaimer statements to cover their butts. If this is a concern, unroll an unused condom, apply some of this lubricant and let it sit. Do the petri dish test, so to speak and check it out periodically. If using a condom is not an issue then you're all set.

You can also use "ID Millennium" which is silicone based and also does not dry out. I just don't know about the health effects of introducing silicone anything into your body though. It's not PC anymore. You will have to weigh that one yourself.

You can also try Synthetic Mobil One ..... no, I'm just kidding, but it works great on my vehicle.

Hoop

Last edited by Hoop; 02-19-2004 at 02:27 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2004, 07:49 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

Olive oil is a great lube that is not sticky. So is jojoba oil.

Old 02-20-2004, 09:15 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

luv2sing HB User

Have you tried Wet? I never had a problem with it and use it often. There's also one called Liquid Silk that I just read about and want to try. It is silicone based-safe for condoms too-and supposed to be amazing. Do a search engine on it

Old 02-20-2004, 09:26 AM   #5

grubb26 HB User
Cool Re: Any good non-sticky lubes?

My hubby and I use some stuff called ID Millenium...It works great....I have no idea about the effect it may have on condoms, as hubby and I don't need to worry about those...But, it stays slippery for a LONG time and even stays slippery underwater....we get it at an adult bookstore in our area...It costs 22.00 though, so it's not as cheap as it's not-so-slippery competitors, but worth every dime....a bottle lasts us about a year because you don't need a lot of it....Our sex life thrives and we have sex very often (more than 3x per week usually), so for a 22.00 bottle lasting a year, it must work great!!! try it...Also, I didn't realize it was silicone based (i'm reading the bottle now, and it is), but, we have been using it for years and I have never had any bad effects as a result of the silicone....I will say this about it though, it will stay slippery for a long time and will make other things slippery, like a tub or floor or whatever, so be careful.....No-one wants you to slip in the tub or something and break your neck....heheheeeee.....

Old 02-20-2004, 09:41 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hoop HB UserHoop HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sing
Have you tried Wet? I never had a problem with it and use it often. There's also one called Liquid Silk that I just read about and want to try. It is silicone based-safe for condoms too-and supposed to be amazing. Do a search engine on it
I forgot about "WET". WET ORIGINAL" is water based and it does dry out and gets sticky. WET PLATINUM, I'm guessing it is also silicon based since it is condom safe, and does not dry out.

There are others but these are the ones I'm familiar with.

Hoop

Old 02-21-2004, 12:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo64
Olive oil is a great lube that is not sticky. So is jojoba oil.
Woah are you serious? Haha! I love both oils but i'm not so sure about letting them up in my special places. Thanks everyone for your replies. Oh yeah, we don't use condoms so we're able to use oil, silicon, water-based, whatever. I'll take all other recommendations. Thanks again.

Last edited by surrealmeal; 02-21-2004 at 12:23 AM.

Old 02-23-2004, 08:07 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

Yes, I am sure about the olive oil and the jojoba oil........I would not have posted about it if I wasn't.

Old 02-23-2004, 08:49 AM   #9
Veteran

supertrooper HB User

Quote:
Yes, I am sure about the olive oil and the jojoba oil........I would not have posted about it if I wasn't.
Just look at the screen name if you have any doubts.

Old 02-23-2004, 10:22 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

Ummm, Huh? I don't get it.............

Old 02-23-2004, 10:33 AM   #11
Veteran

supertrooper HB User

Quote:
Ummm, Huh? I don't get it.............
jojoba oil...jojo64

I just thought it was funny.

Old 02-23-2004, 11:35 AM   #12
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

Oh, hehe, I guess that is a bit funny. But the jojoba oil has nothing to do with my nickname and I never even noticed the similarity before.

Old 02-23-2004, 09:23 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

Quote:
Interesting. Could the olive oil cause a yeast infection at all? And does it matter if it's "extra virgin" or not? hahah sorry, lame humor.

Anyway, i thought you were joking around about the jojoba.

Old 02-24-2004, 06:26 AM   #14

Smallcap HB User

water based better (KY) to prevent the risk of infections. This what doctors say....

Old 02-24-2004, 06:27 AM   #15
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

I've been using both for years with no problems at all, no infections or irritation. Both are natural plant based oils, neither are sticky (yuck) or drying (ouch), and neither have much of a taste or odor to mention. They provide a smooth, natural feeling lubrication. I don't think the type of olive oil (virgin, extra virgin, etc) matters, just be sure you don't get one of the ones that has been infused with herbs!!!

Closed Thread