It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2004, 01:38 AM   #1

rtmsgirl HB User
Test for not having had sex?

Yeah, I about laughed when I heard that one so I was just wondering if there was any truth to it? I know they can do testing after instances of sexual assault and such, but can a woman just go into a hospital and have it be declared that she hasn't had sex for whatever amount of time? Case in point: woman found in bed with a guy then story comes back as nothing happened between them, that she went into hospital and was tested and she hadn't had sex?! How does that work, if it really does? I mean, the woman was married and was obviously not any kind of virgin so how could any "test" possibly reveal she hadn't had sex on that particular occasion? Thanks in advance for your help answering this. : )

Old 02-25-2004, 03:58 AM   #2

stbak HB User
Re: Test for not having had sex?

traces of semen or lube (from condom) within her vagina i imagine

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2004, 04:50 AM   #3
Veteran

supertrooper HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtmsgirl
Yeah, I about laughed when I heard that one so I was just wondering if there was any truth to it? I know they can do testing after instances of sexual assault and such, but can a woman just go into a hospital and have it be declared that she hasn't had sex for whatever amount of time? Case in point: woman found in bed with a guy then story comes back as nothing happened between them, that she went into hospital and was tested and she hadn't had sex?! How does that work, if it really does? I mean, the woman was married and was obviously not any kind of virgin so how could any "test" possibly reveal she hadn't had sex on that particular occasion? Thanks in advance for your help answering this. : )
Of course, this only works if you use Bill Clinton's narrow definition of sex. Otherwise, you'd have to pump her stomach too!

Old 02-25-2004, 07:11 AM   #4
(female)

kewlgirl HB User

This might sound strange but I had an ovarian cyst at one time and I had to have an ultrasound done on my lower abdomen area to check on the status of the cyst.

Well, they had this sheet where they checked off certain things and they had a section there for the vagina.

The ultrasound technician put "virgin" down in the vagina section and I was like "what makes you think that?"

He said the muscles are tight and not loose so he "assumed" I was even though I wasn't....just hadn't been active in a long time.

Doctors don't know everything!

Old 02-25-2004, 07:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrooper
Of course, this only works if you use Bill Clinton's narrow definition of sex. Otherwise, you'd have to pump her stomach too!
Believe it or not, most people actually equate the term 'sex' when used like 'having sex' to mean intercourse. Even on these boards, that's how people use it (eg, I'm 99.9% positive the thread title for this should actually be "Test for not having had intercourse?").

As for the test, I doubt there's a test just for that. I don't think a hospital would appreciate having their time wasted. But if they were to do it, the standard rape kit would probably get all the info you need. As stbak pointed out, traces of condom residue or sperm can be looked for, and during a rape exam they also visually (with a camera) look inside for small fissures that are a common result of intercourse (forced or not) so that's another indication. And as far as I know, they can tell if someone has had intercourse in the recent past, and how forceful it was (or wasn't).

In fact, kewlgirl's example is actual a good one because while the tech was wrong about her being a virgin, he could tell she hadn't had sex in a while (which is what you're asking about, right?)

Old 02-25-2004, 08:23 AM   #6
Veteran

supertrooper HB User

I agree that sex is primarily associated with intercourse. In the scenario provided in the original post, to me you don't have to go far beyond "woman found in bed with a guy" to decide that if they hadn't had some form of sex they were probably about to. I can't imagine someone's SO feeling any better because they had only done oral. I guess I'm reading more into the case than the information provided, but to me there aren't "degrees" of infidelity that can be justified.

Old 02-25-2004, 12:57 PM   #7

rtmsgirl HB User

Thanks for your responses. Yes, when I say sex in this manner I'm speaking of intercourse. This woman has a husband and was busted in bed with her husband's co-worker after a night out at the bars where she was hitting on everyone. Then I'm told later that the woman had gone and been tested at the hospital and "she didn't have sex" -- well I just don't see how they could see anything like that considering there wouldn't have been any use of force and the woman had a husband so unless she hadn't had sex in a while with him, how could they know? And the lady has had a couple of kids and is in her late 30s so I don't think she'd have been all that tight to trick a tech. into thinking she was a virgin. ; ) Any more thoughts with this new info in mind?

Closed Thread