It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2004, 10:31 AM   #1

TRINITY76 HB User
Intense Sexual Feeling for guy friend

I have incrediable sexual feelings for this guy who is my best friend, I'm so attracted to him, I can't concentrate sometimes. And Its so hard cuz He just wants to be friends cuz were in the friend zone
But I take care of things but lately thats not even helping. Any suggestions?
I never knew the body was capable of such amazing feelings. Female Blue ball syndrome I guess

Old 03-16-2004, 11:03 AM   #2

ShyAwkwardFella HB User
Re: Intense Sexual Feeling for guy friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINITY76
I have incrediable sexual feelings for this guy who is my best friend, I'm so attracted to him, I can't concentrate sometimes. And Its so hard cuz He just wants to be friends cuz were in the friend zone
But I take care of things but lately thats not even helping. Any suggestions?
I never knew the body was capable of such amazing feelings. Female Blue ball syndrome I guess
I understand. I'm a guy, but I have feelings for one of my best female friends. I just try to get on with my life hehe. *sigh*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2004, 12:01 PM   #3

TRINITY76 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyAwkwardFella
I understand. I'm a guy, but I have feelings for one of my best female friends. I just try to get on with my life hehe. *sigh*
Its so hard though, that electricity distracts me. What do you do?

Old 03-16-2004, 01:07 PM   #4
(male)

Phoenixprouk HB User

I was in the same situation cept, it was my best female mate, incidently she was out with my best male mate, so situation was awkward, also the fact that she used to fancy me like mad then finally when i realised i liked her it was too late, the moral: Tell him but make sure to explain that it wont affect the friendship if neither of you want it to..

Old 03-16-2004, 01:22 PM   #5

antares_wish HB User

There is nothing wrong with being attracted to your best friend. I would caution you however that once you go down that path going back is almost impossible.

However that being said, the fact that you are both good friends shows that your relationship will not *only* be based on sexual attraction so you will have a solid base to fall back on. If you are looking for "the one" then I think persuing a close friend can be a great idea. If you are just looking to vent some of those tensions I would suggest another route.

Old 03-16-2004, 01:32 PM   #6

TRINITY76 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by antares_wish
There is nothing wrong with being attracted to your best friend. I would caution you however that once you go down that path going back is almost impossible.

However that being said, the fact that you are both good friends shows that your relationship will not *only* be based on sexual attraction so you will have a solid base to fall back on. If you are looking for "the one" then I think persuing a close friend can be a great idea. If you are just looking to vent some of those tensions I would suggest another route.
No I really love him, and it would be for the right reasons but he said he's afriad to cross that line cuz were in that zone. I feel he's giving up without realizing the potiential you have no idea whats out there, and to not take a chance makes me angry sometimes.

Old 03-16-2004, 01:55 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Be careful. A lot of good girl-boy friendships are ruined when they turn sexual. OTOH, as antares says, best friends falling in love can make for some great marriages as when the loving gets stale, there is still the friendship. Just make sure it is love from both sides, and not lust.

Old 03-16-2004, 02:01 PM   #8

antares_wish HB User

Making that leap can be a scary thing for anyone. I can certainly understand your frustration though. If you're sure that you want to persue those feelings then I think you've taken the right step by approaching him with it. Like the old saying goes it takes two to tango so the ball is in his court now. Unfortunately with relationships the person that shows the most interest in the relationship has the least say in where it goes.

I would be hesitant about taking the obvious option many women try in this situation. Trying to seduce him without him wanting to move the relationship from a friendship to lovers would most likely end in disaster. Men are capable of having sex without feeling emotionally attached to the person and in your situation I think that would lead him to feel guilty and think he had damaged the relationship. I would advise you to be patient, he knows what you want, he'll be thinking about it in the back of his mind for a while. Let it stew and see if he changes his mind.

Old 03-16-2004, 02:18 PM   #9

TRINITY76 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by antares_wish
Making that leap can be a scary thing for anyone. I can certainly understand your frustration though. If you're sure that you want to persue those feelings then I think you've taken the right step by approaching him with it. Like the old saying goes it takes two to tango so the ball is in his court now. Unfortunately with relationships the person that shows the most interest in the relationship has the least say in where it goes.

I would be hesitant about taking the obvious option many women try in this situation. Trying to seduce him without him wanting to move the relationship from a friendship to lovers would most likely end in disaster. Men are capable of having sex without feeling emotionally attached to the person and in your situation I think that would lead him to feel guilty and think he had damaged the relationship. I would advise you to be patient, he knows what you want, he'll be thinking about it in the back of his mind for a while. Let it stew and see if he changes his mind.
Thanks I'll think about that for a while

Old 03-16-2004, 09:32 PM   #10

super fluke HB User

i thought you have a boyfriend, Trinity?

you might wanna weigh that factor in too..

Old 03-17-2004, 11:31 AM   #11

TRINITY76 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by super fluke
i thought you have a boyfriend, Trinity?

you might wanna weigh that factor in too..
I never said I had a boyfriend? Are you psychic
I can't explain that situation I'm not sure what's going on with that. I just think he's not right for me cuz of his career he's away more then I see him and I want a normal relationship. Quite frankly if my best friend felt the same way there wouldn't be a boyfriend.

Old 03-17-2004, 06:23 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

If neither one of you are married? then I say go for it.you must make sure thats what you want before you dive in and
he wants the same.........
usally you can tell by the eye contact/remember love as no barriers
if he's the one you chose and he choses you then go all out girl.
Good Luck!

I don't think you can make some one love you but they can grow on you and that usally turns into LOVE

Old 03-17-2004, 08:30 PM   #13
Inactive

Karla HB User

My husband and I met in High School our Senior year. I knew he was the one for me the moment I laid eyes on him. I was new in school. I walked up to him and asked him out to the football game that weekend. He told me on no uncertain terms would he ever go out with me. That made me more determined. I talked to my girlfriend who knew him and had her talk to him to put in a good word for me. We had a free period together. We started talking and never shut up. We instantly hit it off and became best friends. Like totally inseperable. After a couple of months we decided to risk our friendship and become intimate together. We promised no matter what we would remain friends even if we broke up. A month latter he asked me to marry him. I said yes! How often do you get a chance to marry your best friend?!! We got married a year latter. We have no been married for 20 years and couldn't be happier.

I say all that to say it can work out. Give it time. Like an earlier poster said he will be thinking about it and it will be on his mind. Just make your feelings known and wait for the opportunity to arrise. If it is ment to be it will happen.

Old 03-17-2004, 10:51 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINITY76
I never said I had a boyfriend
But you did in another thread. A lot of us read more than this board so sometimes it's important to be consistent with your info for a number of reasons: keeps us from thinking your're trying to pull one over on us; and with more information, you're likely to get better (more accurate) answers.

Old 03-18-2004, 01:02 PM   #15

TRINITY76 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla
My husband and I met in High School our Senior year. I knew he was the one for me the moment I laid eyes on him. I was new in school. I walked up to him and asked him out to the football game that weekend. He told me on no uncertain terms would he ever go out with me. That made me more determined. I talked to my girlfriend who knew him and had her talk to him to put in a good word for me. We had a free period together. We started talking and never shut up. We instantly hit it off and became best friends. Like totally inseperable. After a couple of months we decided to risk our friendship and become intimate together. We promised no matter what we would remain friends even if we broke up. A month latter he asked me to marry him. I said yes! How often do you get a chance to marry your best friend?!! We got married a year latter. We have no been married for 20 years and couldn't be happier.

I say all that to say it can work out. Give it time. Like an earlier poster said he will be thinking about it and it will be on his mind. Just make your feelings known and wait for the opportunity to arrise. If it is ment to be it will happen.
Wow what a great story. I envy you so much.

Closed Thread