It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2004, 10:52 PM   #1

poper HB User
Red face Penis Odour

Hey guys new to this thing. I have a penis odour (Fishy), but I see alot of your posts are saying its a Yeast Infection *** cuasing that??. Any Natual Remdy to fix??. My docters a guy he isnt looking no where near the area. Also what else could it be if its not that??. I dont have any STD's or anything. My Diets abit messed up atm not eating well at all. I dont drink enough water. I do like shower everyday and clean but after a 1/2 hr so its back.

Hope to hear from your guys sooon.

Old 03-16-2004, 11:11 PM   #2

antares_wish HB User
Re: Penis Odour

There are several things that can cause odors in that area.

Diet: Eat healthy. Moderate strong spices like garlic and onions. Not drinking enough water will amplify the problem. The body uses water to cleans the system, if you don't drink enough toxins can build up.

UTI: Infections cause foul odors. Doctors can give you antibiotics to cure them. Don't worry about your doctor being a man. They've seen every shape and size of penis. Visiting a doctor is going to be more and more important as you get older and you start to need things like colon checks, hernia checks and what not. There is nothing to be embarassed about, he's not sexually interested in you and he wont think you are in him.

Sweat: Loose weight, high body fat causes the body to sweat more often and since you're not drinking enough water your body is going to be sweating toxins as well as water.

Last edited by antares_wish; 03-16-2004 at 11:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2004, 11:51 PM   #3

poper HB User

Im a skinny dude, if I lost anymore wieght i'd be Skaletor from Heman.

Arent there any Natural Remidies for this??. like I really dont wanna go to no Docter. And if I have to go to one, will he touch it??. I got a thing about dudes touching my Penis. but my love for SEX is stronger. .

I read on the one post that if you bring your foreskin back sometimes that helps cuase it lets some glands dry out or something??. was he right or what??

Last edited by Mod-S4; 03-17-2004 at 07:55 AM. Reason: language

Old 03-17-2004, 12:38 AM   #4

antares_wish HB User

Hmm I'm not sure about the foreskin issue. I'm circumsized so I haven't had to deal with the hygiene issues that a foreskin causes. I've read in other threads that having an intact foreskin can cause odors but I don't know if it's the same thing or not.

As far as the doctor visits go it sounds like you have some homophobic issues you need to deal with. There is nothing sexual about the doctor examining your penis to determine what is wrong. Will he touch it? Who knows, I would suppose that since you are uncircumsized he wont have much choice but to pull the foreskin back so he can examine it, otherwise what's the point of the exam? Every man visits the doctor and lets him examine his penis, testicles and rectum. Not making these visits because you are worried that he will think you are gay or that you will like it is just rediculous.

On a normal physical exam that again every man gets several times during his lifetime if he wants to avoid cancer, hernias or a myriad of other health problems includes the following:
He will check your blood pressure, heart rate and lungs. He will feel your testicles to check for cancerous growths, he will check the head of your penis for signs of infection, he will insert a finger into your rectum to check your prostate for cancer. These checks are normal and necessary for every man. I suggest you learn to deal with it or you will have a very unhealthy life.

If you find yourself completely unable to deal with it then try to find a female doctor or nurse to give you the exam. Many female nurses and doctors will just end up referring you to a male doctor or nurse so they avoid any sexual harassment charges. That does not mean they all will however, I did have 1 physical by a female nurse but that was just because the doctor was overloaded and didn't have the time.

Old 03-17-2004, 12:48 AM   #5

rain_on_me HB User

If it is a yeast infection you can get an anti-fungal cream at any pharmacy. (Canesten or Monistat etc.) It will likely be the same place condoms are at. Make sure you get the cream and not the suppositories. Go online and see how to use it if you are embarrassed to ask the pharmacist as the directions inside the box are for women.
However...
How do you know you do not have any STD's? Unless you have been abstaining 100% you can still get them. They are nothing to play around with. They can lead to serious and sometimes life-threatening complications. If you are embarrassed, go to an after hours or drop in clinic but get treatment soon. I am a nurse and medical professionals do not think anything when they see genitals. It isn't any different than looking at an arm or a leg. Yes, it is terribly embarrassing for you but trust me, your doctor wont think anything but a diagnosis and treatment.

Old 03-18-2004, 12:00 AM   #6

Kalika HB User

What everyone else said, you're gonna have to get used to letting a doctor examine you. I didn't like the thought of a male doctor examining me (I'm a female) but I always put my health first so I went and I'm glad I did because I was totally comfortable when he examined me, doctors are pretty good at making you feel comfortable, it's their job and you're not the first person they've looked at.

Remember, your health comes first and that's what doctors are there for.

Old 03-25-2004, 01:51 PM   #7

ssanch HB User

You need to figure out when exactly the smell is coming back. So this is what you need to do. Try washing it and before you go pee see if it smells if it does...you may have a problem that needs to be seen by a doctor. But if it doesn't smell then after you pee wait about an hour and see if it smells then. I have a feeling that it will and all that means is that no matter how many times you shake there will always be a few drops that come out and stay on your penis. The foreskin actually has a way to fight bacteria and it is for that reason that it starts to smell. You may have to wait a little longer and use toilet paper to dab the tip and try to get every drop every time you go pee. That's the only thing I can tell ya...hope it works for you!

Closed Thread