It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2004, 05:35 AM   #1

kagami HB User
Vagina Smell..

Hi, I was just wondering if its considered normal for a girl's vagina to have a kind of smell, cos the first time i fingered her it had a strange smell and when she discharge, the odor is quite strong...is that normal?

Old 03-17-2004, 08:46 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Katyana HB User
Re: Vagina Smell..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagami
Hi, I was just wondering if its considered normal for a girl's vagina to have a kind of smell, cos the first time i fingered her it had a strange smell and when she discharge, the odor is quite strong...is that normal?

Yes, it's completely normal for a man or woman's genitals to have an odor. A clean and healthy penis or vagina will be fragrant, but certainly not offensive. And each woman tastes and smells different. Just like each man tastes and smells different.

It's possible for both men and women to get yeast infections which cause an unpleasant pungent odor to the genitals, and a thick cottage cheese-like discharge from a woman's vagina. Normally secretions are thin, or relatively thin in nature, and creamy or milky in appearance.

Some men love the taste and scent of a woman's secretions; others don't. Just like some women like the taste and scent of a man's semen, and others don't.

Last edited by Katyana; 03-17-2004 at 08:47 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2004, 10:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
There is a difference between having 'an odor' and and an odor that is 'quite strong'.

If she just has an odor, and you've never smelled a woman's genitals before, then maybe you're just not used to it, but if it's very strong and unpleasant and not like what you're used to, then it could be a simple matter of her being in need of a shower. It is possible she has an infection, but there's no way we could know.

Old 03-18-2004, 05:56 AM   #4

kagami HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisby
There is a difference between having 'an odor' and and an odor that is 'quite strong'.

If she just has an odor, and you've never smelled a woman's genitals before, then maybe you're just not used to it, but if it's very strong and unpleasant and not like what you're used to, then it could be a simple matter of her being in need of a shower. It is possible she has an infection, but there's no way we could know.
I quite suspect its an yeast infection, there's cottage-cheese kinda discharge..how do they cure yeast infection?? And does it affect conceiving a child?

Old 03-18-2004, 09:33 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Katyana HB User

Quote:
I quite suspect its an yeast infection, there's cottage-cheese kinda discharge..how do they cure yeast infection?? And does it affect conceiving a child?
If she doesn't know what a yeast infection is, she needs to go to a doctor and get diagnosed before starting on any kind of suppository treatment. Also, it's possible to transfer the yeast infection to her partner, so he needs to be treated too, otherwise he will just reinfect her. Treatment involves a 1 to 7 day course of yeast fighting suppository creams that are inserted into the vagina. For men I believe it's a topical cream.

As for affecting the ability to bear children? Not usually.

Old 03-18-2004, 07:15 PM   #6

Nicole0852 HB User

she can buy an over the counter treatment for a yeast infection....does she mention any problems she has with you? how long have you and her been dating? are you trying to conceive?

Old 03-19-2004, 01:05 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Katyana HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole0852
she can buy an over the counter treatment for a yeast infection....does she mention any problems she has with you? how long have you and her been dating? are you trying to conceive?
If she's never had a yeast infection, it's best to get diagnosed by a doctor before starting treatment. It could be something else that warrants a different kind of treatment. Only women who have had yeast infections and know the classic symptoms of previous infections should go ahead and treat themselves without medical consultation first.

Old 03-21-2004, 07:49 PM   #8

ssguy HB User

It Shouldnt Smell Bad, Just A Little Musky ,if It Smells Bad Stay Away From It Dude!

Old 04-18-2004, 09:51 AM   #9

ShyAwkwardFella HB User

I've smelt bad. So bad it burned my throat as the air passed and I couldn't breathe. As you can imagine I didn't go near it.

Old 04-18-2004, 06:02 PM   #10
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User

sometimes at the end of the day any ones genitals may not smell "wonderful"
think about it....tiny amounts of pee gets trapped in between.....and you sweat between there, and a little white discharge is normal for some ppl (not thick or discolored though)

Old 04-30-2004, 09:25 AM   #11

sheabuttah03 HB User

Quote:
Wash your hands thoroughly before fingering people. You could be putting germs into her vagina.

Ask her to soak in a warm tub of bath water and add about 2 tablespoons full of baking soda to the water. She should soak for twenty minutes, then wash.
The warm water with baking soda sprinkled in acts as a natural douche.

After she soaks and washes, if she still stinks then you need to stop messing with her. Unless, she's your wife, then you guys should seek medical attention.

Bottom line, she shouldn't be stanking.

Old 04-30-2004, 09:34 AM   #12

sheabuttah03 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC~Mom
sometimes at the end of the day any ones genitals may not smell "wonderful"
think about it....tiny amounts of pee gets trapped in between.....and you sweat between there, and a little white discharge is normal for some ppl (not thick or discolored though)
I can understand sweating a little, but if you wear cotton underwear and you wipe yourself thoroughly after peeing, then there shouldn't be tiny drops of pee just chilling inside your vagina.

Also, as a woman, I carry little feminine wet wipes to keep me nice and fresh throughout the day. Because of this, when I arrive home from being out and about all day, I don't have to make my husband wait until I jump in the shower before he does what he likes to do.

Women shouldn't be stanking down there. It's wrong.
The vagina should have a sweet, warm aroma, not a stinky musty scent.
Because of my cleanliness habits, my husband loves the way I taste and smell and that's the way it should be.

Old 04-30-2004, 09:44 AM   #13

always confuzed HB User

sounds like a simple case of yeast infection. But if the smell resembles fish its most likely BV, a bacterial infection. Ive had both infections and my best defense against them was some tea tree oil suppositories that a poster on here reccomended and they work wonders. You can get them at any herb store for cheaper than yeast otc meds. They worked better than the otc meds and they werent messy either. And they leave a nicer smell also. douching will make these infections worse ( i learnded the hard way).
Does she always have a strong odor or is this just a one time fluke thing?
Good luck to you both!

Old 04-30-2004, 10:20 AM   #14

sheabuttah03 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by always confuzed
douching will make these infections worse ( i learnded the hard way).
Very true. I have never douched nor have I ever had a yeast infection (i know that there are very natural ways to get one no matter how clean you may be) but bathing once a week in warm bathwater with baking soda added does wonders for your natural feminine smell.

Most women should realize that the female body has a natural cleansing process and douching interrupts that process, which is why it makes things worse.

Closed Thread