It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2004, 09:13 AM   #1

abcdabcd HB User
can you get std's from nipples/breasts??

if you put your mouth on nipples/breasts can you get std's? or even touch?
i'm guessing if there is a wart present then obviously, but what if there isnt? can it be dormant without symptoms like at the genital area?

Last edited by abcdabcd; 04-09-2004 at 09:14 AM.

Old 04-09-2004, 11:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User
Re: can you get std's from nipples/breasts??

The only STD I can think of that can infect the nipples is herpes, but it is not very common. Most people already have herpes orally anyway, whether they know it or not, so getting herpes on your mouth from someone's nipples is not really anything you should worry about. I have NEVER heard of warts on the nipples. Genital warts only affect genital skin, they do not appear on other body parts (with the exception of occasionally in the mouth).

Oh, just to clarify, if someone did have an STD on the genitals, no, you could not catch it by touching their nipples...you would have to come in contact with their genitals.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2004, 11:24 AM   #3

abcdabcd HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by devastated
Most people already have herpes orally anyway, whether they know it or not, so getting herpes on your mouth from someone's nipples is not really anything you should worry about.
do you mean naturally?, even people that havent had sex? so if somebody did have herpes on the nipples you're saying it isn't anything to worry about?
what's the name of the dangerous herpes that we should be worried about? I'm confused I never knew there was such thing of a herpes that isnt dangerous.

Old 04-09-2004, 05:20 PM   #4

abcdabcd HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by devastated
so getting herpes on your mouth from someone's nipples is not really anything you should worry about.
one more question, is this the same vice versa? if somebody has the herpes you're talking about in the mouth can you transfer it to breasts?

Old 04-09-2004, 09:38 PM   #5

Liliput HB User

Just to clarify, cold sores are part of the herpes strains and so is chicken pox.

I recommend you do a net search for herpes and find out more. I really don't think you can get std's from nipples. If there was a "wart" on the breast, it probably wasn't a wart at all, but a pimple. It happens. When in doubt, don't.

Old 04-10-2004, 09:11 AM   #6

abcdabcd HB User

no, i've never seen a wart on a nipple I was being hypothetical,

Old 04-12-2004, 05:00 AM   #7
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdabcd
do you mean naturally?, even people that havent had sex? so if somebody did have herpes on the nipples you're saying it isn't anything to worry about?
what's the name of the dangerous herpes that we should be worried about? I'm confused I never knew there was such thing of a herpes that isnt dangerous.

Yes, I mean that most people who are infected with herpes type 1 orally get it while they are children, not from sexual acts. You are not at much risk of contracting herpes on your mouth from sucking on someone's nipples who has herpes on their nipples because herpes rarely re-activates on the nipples.

Neither HSV1 or HSV2 are really dangerous, just annoying. Chicken Pox and Shingles are also types of herpes virus.

If someone has herpes orally, it is possible to infect someone's nipples by sucking on them, just as it is possible to infect their genitals by performing oral sex on them...that is how I got herpes on my nipples, but I was told by my doctor that it is not very common.

Old 04-12-2004, 10:28 AM   #8

abcdabcd HB User

this is gonna sound dumb but, if you dont see anything would that mean it's ok?

Old 04-12-2004, 11:29 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcdabcd
this is gonna sound dumb but, if you dont see anything would that mean it's ok?

As far as herpes on nipples go, I would say yes, because herpes on the nipples is quite uncommon, so uncommon, I really wouldn't worry about it, and if someone did get herpes on their nipples, the virus rarely ever re-activates after the initial outbreak. For herpes anywhere else...the genitals or the mouth/face, the answer is definately NO. If someone has herpes, they can spread it while there is no visible symptoms (during asymptomatic shedding). This is what happened to me, my boyfriend didn't have, nor has he ever had, a coldsore, but he still had HSV1, and spread it to my genitals, nipples and mouth.

Old 04-12-2004, 02:09 PM   #10

abcdabcd HB User

thanks for the info!

Closed Thread