It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2004, 12:33 AM   #1

tkk HB User
virgin receiving oral sex

my bf wants to go down on me, I'm a virgin I want to know if receiving oral sex will break the hymen? Will it hurt the first time receiving oral sex?

Old 04-13-2004, 02:59 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Re: virgin receiving oral sex

Nope, oral sex shouldn't break the hymen. And I doubt if it will hurt the first time. However, if you're tense and worried about it and it sounds like you may be....it may not be pleasureable because of that tension. This will especially be true the first time you have intercourse, being tense will cause things to be more difficult for both you and your partner so I'd suggest that before you enter into either of these things that you are absolutely sure that it is what you want to do, not just trying to please someone else.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2004, 02:58 PM   #3
Inactive

ladivapr HB User

tkk just to give a brief note on the hymen. If you use tampons or if you have masturbated your hymen is already torn. Oral sex will not hurt unless he comes to use anything bigger than what has been previoulsy introduced to your vagina before. The hymen is just the skin that covers the entrance of your vagina. You can see it with a mirror.

Old 04-13-2004, 03:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Just another note or two on the hymen. Tampon use does not usually tear the hymen because tampons are small and inserted once, gently (unlike a penis during intercourse). Masturbation also does not automatically tear the hymen unless something us actually inserted into your vagina (which a lot of women do not do, since the clitoris is on the outside, not inside the vagina).

The hymen is a flexible membrane that partially covers the opening of the vagina. It's thickness depends on the individual. Many activities can slowly wear away at it, but it happens over time so depending on how much wear and tear it's experiences, it could be as strong as ever, or practically gone.

Anyway, in answer to your question, if there is a hymen there for him to break, it is unlikely he will be able to do it with his tongue. Also, it should never hurt receiving oral sex, first time or not.

Old 04-13-2004, 05:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Good oral sex technique generally keeps the tongue on the outside, or only slightly inside the labia. If he uses fingers, it is possible to tear or stretch the hymen, thus using fingers might possibly cause some initial discomfort. Pure oral sex should not hurt in the slightest.

Still, be aware of the risk of disease transmission. If he was oral herpes, for example, you can acquire genital herpes via oral sex. The decision to have sex, even oral sex, should never be taken lightly.

Old 04-13-2004, 07:36 PM   #6

tkk HB User

thank you everyone for the response. I said no to my bf partly because I wasn't sure of the consequence of receiving oral sex, now I've done some study online and understand the possibility of STD infection.

it did striked me a bit when my bf wanted to go down on me before we even kissed. I'm more comfortable with him now and understand all he wants is to make me happy, he never show/ask for sex/oral sex. I'm not ready to sleep with him yet but I truely love this guy (he is the second guy I love in 24 years), so eventually I expect it to happen as our relation continue. I'm a party girl my bf probably least expect me to be a virgin, should I let him know when I'm eventually ready to have sex with him?

Old 04-14-2004, 05:49 AM   #7
Inactive

MadSkillzGal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisby
Just another note or two on the hymen. Tampon use does not usually tear the hymen because tampons are small and inserted once, gently (unlike a penis during intercourse). Masturbation also does not automatically tear the hymen unless something us actually inserted into your vagina (which a lot of women do not do, since the clitoris is on the outside, not inside the vagina).

The hymen is a flexible membrane that partially covers the opening of the vagina. It's thickness depends on the individual. Many activities can slowly wear away at it, but it happens over time so depending on how much wear and tear it's experiences, it could be as strong as ever, or practically gone.

Anyway, in answer to your question, if there is a hymen there for him to break, it is unlikely he will be able to do it with his tongue. Also, it should never hurt receiving oral sex, first time or not.

^^^^^^^^^ ???????????????????????

Ummm excuse me but if you ask any medical expert (even look it up on the net) your hymen can break/tear from tampons, climbing fences, exercising, riding horses...anything strenuous. It doesn't mean technically you have lost your virginity but the hymen isn't that flexible or strong.

Geez I wish people would TRY and get their facts straight before giving young people advice.

Old 04-14-2004, 07:19 AM   #8

Crimson_M HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSkillzGal
Ummm excuse me but if you ask any medical expert (even look it up on the net) your hymen can break/tear from tampons, climbing fences, exercising, riding horses...anything strenuous. It doesn't mean technically you have lost your virginity but the hymen isn't that flexible or strong.

Geez I wish people would TRY and get their facts straight before giving young people advice.
Thisby said, "does not usually tear the hymen" USUALLY. Yes, we know that virginity does not necessarily have a direct correlation with the hymen.

Old 04-14-2004, 09:42 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSkillzGal

Geez, I wish people would TRY to read the whole post before jumping on one (misread) sentence.

I never said it had anything with virginity, nor did I say any of those things would NOT break, tear or stretch the hymen, I was trying to give a balance to ladivapr's absolute claim that they DO. duh...

(thanks Crimson)

Closed Thread