It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2004, 05:38 AM   #1
(female)

tara_may HB User
Laser Hair Removal and Infertility?

hello everyone.
i've been thinking of using laser beams to get rid of my pubic hair.
however not right now but sumwhere in the future (dont really have enough cash plus my parents would probably freak out if they knew what i want to spend money on).
just wanted to know if using laser to remove hair from the pubic regions is completely safe and if it wont cause any complications with me getting pregnant later on.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanx,
tara

Old 05-25-2004, 05:59 AM   #2
(female)

tara_may HB User
Re: Laser Hair Removal and Infertility?

hmmm..... anyone any ideas?
if this is a silly question plz just tell me.
i'd greatly appreciate any info.
tara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2004, 02:27 PM   #3
Inactive

ladivapr HB User

I dont think there will be any problems. I too had the same exact question because i also wanted to laser my pubic hair. I didnt found anything online that say anything regarding this. The laser just go to a certain lenght under skin, enough to reach the follicles, so it wont laser your ovaries or anything. Worst it can happen is you getting a burn with a bad laser tech. Anyways Im going for my 3rd session soon. Very happy with the results so far Feel free to ask

Last edited by ladivapr; 05-25-2004 at 02:32 PM.

Old 05-26-2004, 02:46 AM   #4
(female)

tara_may HB User

wow... ur lucky
i wish i could get a laser hair removal now as well.
just that i'm 19 at the moment so it would be like a big NO NO from my parents' side.
anyways thanx for the response
btw. how many sessions do u need to go for before the hair is fully removed?

Old 05-26-2004, 03:36 AM   #5
Inactive

ladivapr HB User

aww yeah I can undertstand that of your parents, they would have said no to me same way. Regarding sessions it really depends on the person but usually by the third is what most women need to be fully smooth down. Depends how much you want taken off and the price vary accordingly. If its only two inches, or the whole thing. Just be ready for two things, it is expensive and it is painful. Im so happy I can go to the pool now without worrying about shaving. Its awesome

Old 05-26-2004, 04:07 AM   #6
(female)

tara_may HB User

oh i see...
didnt know that it was painful though but then doesnt really matter since u get rid of the whole thing for good
now just cant wait to get it done.
just a little worried in case it causes any problems with pregnancy later on
did u ask the person who's doing it for u about it?
tara

Old 05-27-2004, 02:44 PM   #7
Inactive

ladivapr HB User

Alright I found the specific answer for you..had to ask in a hair removal board so sorry for the delay..but simple reason why its not possible infertility with LHR is because the laser beam only goes 5mm or less deep. So it does not reach ovaries or anything. Trust me if it could cause infertility I would have not done it gosh I want to have 3 kids myself. What I do have heard is that with pregancy sometimes some hair follicles where there was no hair before start to grow hair so hair that grows from pregancy after the laser you can not tweeze or shave because it will fall out later on.

Last edited by ladivapr; 05-27-2004 at 02:54 PM.

Old 05-28-2004, 06:11 AM   #8
(female)

tara_may HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladivapr
Alright I found the specific answer for you..had to ask in a hair removal board so sorry for the delay..but simple reason why its not possible infertility with LHR is because the laser beam only goes 5mm or less deep. So it does not reach ovaries or anything. Trust me if it could cause infertility I would have not done it gosh I want to have 3 kids myself. What I do have heard is that with pregancy sometimes some hair follicles where there was no hair before start to grow hair so hair that grows from pregancy after the laser you can not tweeze or shave because it will fall out later on.
hello
thanx a lot for the help.
i greatly appreciate it.
regards,
tara

Closed Thread