It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2004, 03:17 PM   #1

Curious0923 HB User
How long does it take for an orgasm during intercourse?

I am curious as to a couple of things:

1. Although I have heard that many women cannot have an orgasm through intercourse alone, but when it does, what is the average amount of time it takes to have one? Is it a "G-spot" orgasm?

2. How can a woman be sure that she can/cannot have this type of orgasm?

Guys, also answer, but I am looking for answers mostly from women.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-30-2004 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Surveys/questions that attempt to obtain information on the personal sexual experiences, behaviors or preferences of posters are not allowed on the Sexual Health forums...questions edited.

Old 08-01-2004, 04:20 PM   #2

lannie2006 HB User
Re: How long does it take for an orgasm during intercourse?

I would love to know the answer to this myself. Can having a vaginal orgasm be learned? Or, are you either born to have them that way or not? Still clueless on this subject.

I remember somebody on this board saying that they never had them at all and now they do have them every now and again with their current husband.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2004, 04:54 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

reni HB User

I know people are going to argue with this, but all orgasms stem from the clitoris. You can have one doing different "activities" but they all stem from the same place. The clitoris is not one tiny spot; it actually reaches out much further internally. Even the "g-spot" is said to be an "arm" of the clitoris. When people talk about a vaginal orgasm, they usually mean one that occurs during intercourse. For this to happen, there needs to be clitoral involvement in some way, whether it be direct contact with your partner's pubic bone, pulling on the vaginal lips during thrusting (which indirectly stimulates the clitoris), massaging of the G-spot by the penis, etc.

I don't believe anyone is born without the ability to climax, other than in rare instances when there are anatomical abnormalies. If you can't have one through intercourse (most women can't) it's because you are not receiving proper stimulation. Not all of that is physical, though! I think we underestimate the power of being "turned on." Just because we love someone doesn't mean the sex is amazing and we climax. There IS such a thing as sexually chemistry. Being wildly turned on is much more conducive to having an orgasm through intercourse than thinking, "Oh, this is nice."

Old 08-01-2004, 05:26 PM   #4
Veteran

Saka HB User

All woman can vary but for me it usually takes about 1-2 minutes if I'm on top. If he is on top it can take quite a bit longer, and often doesn't happen at all.

Old 08-01-2004, 09:05 PM   #5

Curious0923 HB User

Wow--one to two minutes? Amazing. Are there others who take longer? What about the speed?

I thikn one of the previous posts offered a great question--can it be learned? On top of answering the other questions, feel free to post opinions on this also...

Reminder: This is not a debate about a G-spot orgasm. This is basically how long does it take when a man penetrates a woman--if you take that to be G-spot, then fine. If you take it to mean clitoral, then OK. Just how long and at what speed and can it be learned?

Old 08-04-2004, 10:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

In my opinion everyones different, takeing longer for some women to have an orgasam is just that womans nature!....sometimes forplay has a big part to play. I mean at times I can make my partner have a fantasic O in less than 5 min if the forplay was great! but the agian on the other hand it just depends on her moods, I know that stimulation of the clitoris is a major factor but theres a lot more to it than just that! emotional wise as wll as the clitoris stem!
to me its getting them there that is a turn on for me...but what do I know I don't have a clitoris.....lol
if you treat your woman right and take your time doing the right things saying the right things touching the right things/openly and honestly............she should have an Orgasam....rather by clitoris/viginal or what ever its her pleasures! or her loss!

Old 08-04-2004, 10:57 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

vintagegirl HB User

It depends on how turned on/relaxed you are going into it. It also has a lot to do with hormonal urges....it's no coincidence that we are horniest when we're the most fertile. I've never timed myself...I'd say orgasms by myself take under 2 minutes...with someone else, I'd say 5-7. There are times when I know that I am just not going to get there...it's usually when I have a lot on my mind that I can't tune out. Not so different from a guy, I guess!

Old 08-05-2004, 09:44 AM   #8

Carol888 HB User
I had NEVER orgasmed with a man untill my current husband, oral or otherwise. I thought I was "broken". Now I can orgasm on a pretty regular basis by oral, but it takes about 10 minutes and the right atmosphere. I still cant orgasm with penetration, although I do enjoy it. With the vibrator, I can be done in less that a minute! Not much fun though. I figure I am coming up on 40 and just learned to orgasm with oral sex, that by the time I am 60 I will have the rest figured out....lol.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 08-05-2004 at 03:03 PM. Reason: terminology

Old 08-05-2004, 10:10 AM   #9

Flood84 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol888
. Now I can orgasm on a pretty regular basis by oral, but it takes about 10 minutes and the right atmosphere.
I agree that the atmosphere has to be right (Chevyman also talks about this). If for instance, I take my wife out on a date, and pay lots of attention to her, she is more likely to be in the right frame of mind and orgasm when we get home in the sack. This is a good reason why you husbands should not stop taking your wives out on dates just because you are married. Treat her right and you will be rewarded.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 08-05-2004 at 03:04 PM. Reason: quote edited

Old 08-08-2004, 10:25 AM   #10

darkeyes HB User

can't a man tell if a woman has had an orgasm? i mean, the sensations change? i've heard that a man, if he's knowledgeable, could tell often if a woman has had one during sex.... like the vagina will 'pulse' or 'throb'..

Old 08-08-2004, 03:55 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeyes
can't a man tell if a woman has had an orgasm? i mean, the sensations change? i've heard that a man, if he's knowledgeable, could tell often if a woman has had one during sex.... like the vagina will 'pulse' or 'throb'..

hi,
it depends on the actuall orgasm, there "lite" ones "medium" ones and great fantastic ones....some times I can tell if my partner had a fantastic one, I can feel that one its usally the toe cureling type and the finger-nail clawing(ouch) and the mediums one I can feel because she gets slicker down there, For some women they make a verbal sound when there having great intense pleasure when they have there fantastic orgsam...but usally any orgsam feels good to a woman no matter how small or how long it last....heck to me thats what sex is all about having that great fantastic orgsam. so very relaxing!!!!
but yes I think a man can tell when his partner has the big O.

Old 08-09-2004, 09:07 AM   #12
(female)

kewlgirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by reni
I know people are going to argue with this, but all orgasms stem from the clitoris.
Please allow me to put in my two cents. I've had clitoris and vaginal and they are both as different as night and day! Feel totally different.

If you've experienced both you know what I mean!!!

Old 08-09-2004, 10:25 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

chevyman HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlgirl
Please allow me to put in my two cents. I've had clitoris and vaginal and they are both as different as night and day! Feel totally different.

If you've experienced both you know what I mean!!!
Humm Excuse me,
This may seem like a stupid question/ (I'm a man) lol...but I was curious
How do you reconize the difference?..guess what I'm asking how do you know your having a vaginal O...sorry no pun intended.
I mean there so close? right.
can a woman have both at the same time/or they seperate?
Also elabrate a little on how it makes you feel different?
Thanks......

Old 08-09-2004, 10:37 AM   #14
(female)

kewlgirl HB User

The vaginal is more intense. You can feel it all the way up to your uterine area. The clitoral is centered in the **** area through outside stimulation and it's not quite as intense.

Another way to tell is that you can feel your g-spot being touched inside and you can feel the pressure build inside. The pressure is obvious in the vaginal whereas the **** is outside stimulation and you don't feel internal pressure.

Hope that helps!

Old 08-09-2004, 12:09 PM   #15
Inactive

Karla HB User

Since I have had my hysterectomy at age 32 I almost never orgasm unless it is oral and my **** gets lots of attention. I will even have multiple orgasms with that. Before my hysterectomy I used to also have multiple orgasms when my husband would hit up against my cervix. That would cause a very intense o. now my cervix is gone It only takes me a couple of min to o durring oral or vaginal. But like I said I usually had multiple ones.

Closed Thread