It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2005, 09:03 PM   #1
Newbie
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4
zexx9 HB User
Do women really like intercourse??

This may sound silly, but I sometimes think women just do it to please their man. Since most women cannot have an orgasm from intercourse and men, from my experience, enjoy that part the most, why would a woman even want to have intercourse. Please enlighten me, I am curious to find out the truth.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 01-28-2005 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Surveys on members personal preferences are not allowed. Question rephrased. Please read the Special Rules sticky at the top of the board.

 
Old 01-27-2005, 09:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,138
Snails HB UserSnails HB User
Re: Do women really like sex??

I for one absolutely love having sex. It's better when it's with the man I love, who happens to be a great lover, but I've always enjoyed it with past partners too. I'm not one of the women who has trouble having orgasms during intercourse--in fact, it's very rare that I don't have an orgasm, so that might explain why I like sex so much. But I do wonder if it's really true that so many women are physically incapable of having an orgasm, of if maybe their partners just don't know what they're doing and/or the women don't know what their bodies need and how to communicate their desires? That said, it's not like intercourse doesn't feel good at all if a woman doesn't have an orgasm. There are a variety of ways to stimulate the clitoris either during or before/after intercourse so that women who have trouble orgasming from intercourse alone can still be satisfied by the session. If there's any doubt in your mind whether your female partner is enjoying sex, something's not right--I would advise talking to her and trying to find ways to give her more pleasure. For almost all women, if they're having a good time during sex, it will be quite obvious by the sounds and movements they make.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 01-28-2005, 07:16 AM   #3
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Virginia
Posts: 208
dreamer54 HB Userdreamer54 HB User
Re: Do women really like sex??

I agree with Snails. Many men don`t know how to please a woman. If men would take the time to learn what exactly turns a woman on, they would get better results when they are with them. It`s not true that most women don`t have orgasms.......it is true that most men don`t know how to help a woman have one. Listen to your partner and you shall learn the "tricks' behind it all.

 
Old 01-28-2005, 07:31 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 349
pcantona HB User
Re: Do women really like sex??

Quote:
Originally Posted by zexx9
Since most women cannot have an orgasm from intercourse and men, from my experience, enjoy that part the most, why would a woman even want to have intercourse.:
That is absolutely not true. Don't be too alarmed about this. Sometimes media makes our picture of life appear way different than reality. Usually you only hear from 10% of the women that have sexual libido problems. And if you think they are the norm, then your picture of the normal girl is very wrong. Like this board, this is a place for people that have problems to begin with. The rest of the 90% of the girls that have no libido problems, have no reason to go here and post and brag about it And then you have these 10% of the women with problems reassuring themselves that they are perfectly normal because the rest of the 10% agree with them and have the same problem. And all of a sudden these 10% of the women, think they are just like all other girls out there

 
Old 01-28-2005, 07:55 AM   #5
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 61
hpygrl HB User
Re: Do women really like sex??

Quote:
Originally Posted by zexx9
I want to ask all the ladies out there if they really enjoy having sex with a man. This may sound silly, but I sometimes think women just do it to please their man. Since most women cannot have an orgasm from intercourse and men, from my experience, enjoy that part the most, why would a woman even want to have intercourse. Please enlighten me ladies, I am curious to find out the truth.
Hi, I can't speak for all the ladies out there but I love it! Not just from the physical pleasure it brings but the closness & intimacy that comes with it. I do have friends however that tell me they dont enjoy it and do it just to satisfy their husbands. I can orgasm from intercourse, maybe that's the difference. Hope that helps!

 
Old 01-28-2005, 08:11 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ontario ,canada
Posts: 487
engineer1961 HB Userengineer1961 HB User
Re: Do women really like sex??

I rarely orgasm from intercourse but love it just as much when I do or don't (either way my husband makes sure I do if not during intercourse than orally ). And truthfully of the girls I'm friends with ,WE 'RE the ones begging our spouse /boyfriends for it more often !!Once a day is great but 2 or 3 would be excellent (and we've been at it for 15 years together so that's pretty good we're VERY compatible and always try to make each other happy when ever possible !I never liked sex as much with other men but I still liked it, when you find some one you love (that your sexually compatible with sex get's soooooo much better !).

 
Old 01-28-2005, 08:13 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,393
Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: Do women really like sex??

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcantona
That is absolutely not true. Don't be too alarmed about this. Sometimes media makes our picture of life appear way different than reality. Usually you only hear from 10% of the women that have sexual libido problems. And if you think they are the norm, then your picture of the normal girl is very wrong. Like this board, this is a place for people that have problems to begin with. The rest of the 90% of the girls that have no libido problems, have no reason to go here and post and brag about it And then you have these 10% of the women with problems reassuring themselves that they are perfectly normal because the rest of the 10% agree with them and have the same problem. And all of a sudden these 10% of the women, think they are just like all other girls out there
I have no idea where you are getting your info pcantona, but again, you are off base. It is a known fact that most women do not reach orgasm from intercourse alone. All the major sex surveys can attest to this. The exact figures may vary, but the end conclusions is the same: more women't DON'T orgasm that way than those that do. Depending on the survey, as few as 10% to as many as 30% of women say they can reach orgasm from intercourse alone. And the rest of the women are NOT women who are claiming to have libido problems. These women ARE perfectly capable of having orgasms, just not through vaginal penetration alone. This is just how they are.

And this is what the original poster is asking about. So with that in mind, the answer I'd like to offer him is that it still feels very good, it still very stimulating. There are a lot of things people do during lovemaking that feel good, that don't necessarily lead directly to orgasm, but just enhance the whole experience, like kissing, or playing with the breasts. And I think a lot of women would agree that having an orgasm during intercourse WITH clitoral stimulation is probably the ultimate. It's not like you aren't allowed to do both at the same time .

 
Old 01-28-2005, 02:29 PM   #8
Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 53
aWorrier777 HB User
Re: Do women really like sex??

Yes, I like sex very much. I agree with both statements that it is hard of impossible for most women to orgasm through intercourse alone and that in a lot of relationship women are wanting it more and better than men. Vibrators during intercourse might help your woman orgasm.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Is my boyfriend sleeping with an older women? restles2010 Relationship Health 37 04-29-2010 08:41 AM
do women discharge semen like men when they eject after intercourse nasreen70 Sexual Health - Women 7 10-31-2009 06:42 AM
Women don't get enjoyment from intercourse, so sex is just for men? nokoBot Sexual Health - General 12 07-26-2007 07:49 PM
Cialis for women? Sportbikechic Sexual Dysfunction Treatment 11 03-21-2007 09:32 AM
Question for women beach8411 Sexual Health - Women 9 02-15-2007 08:15 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:46 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!